Day 23 on Duromine

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Starlet85, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Starlet85

Starlet85 New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hello

It’s my first time on Duromine and it worked so well for me in the first week and a half but now my weight really isn’t moving, I’ve cut out carbs and sugar from my diet and calorie counting everything and on average I’m around 800 calories per day, I’m exercising by either walking or boxing everyday

I’m just really frustrated at the moment, did anyone else have this issue of it just not budging? I’m starting to even doubt the significants of my weight loss as no one had noticed I’ve lost weight, I know I should rely on others but it would be just nice to have some confirmation

I’m not giving up but I’m just frustrated as to why it’s not working anymore

Also I wanted to ask how did you guys go once you stopped Duromine? Did your appetite come back strongly, we’re you hungry all the time or did you feel the same?

Thanks, sorry for the negative post but I had to vent, my partner can’t take much more!

2. Sarahtjie

Sarahtjie New Member
    Registered

Hi Starlet, sorry for the bad week you're going through, but perhaps the below may be reason.. you've done really well so far, don't lose heart over this it will pass.

Hope this helps..

upload_2018-8-23_9-5-20.png

missclaire and April like this.
  3. Starlet85

Starlet85 New Member
    Registered

Thank you for your reply, honestly I’ve never heard of that, I hope that’s true in my case, I weighed myself this morning and just 100 grams difference, reduced my cal intake to 620 today, I hope it starts working soon

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Holy mackerel!!!!!! Please, eat 1200 calories during the weekend, both days!

missclaire likes this.
  5. Starlet85

Starlet85 New Member
    Registered

I’m still eating three meals a day about 100 calories at breakfast 200 at lunch and 300 at dinner, mostly vegetables and protein, I’m not starving or that hungry, I’m really focused on making this work I need it to work

April and Big Boy like this.
  6. NoodleBlue

NoodleBlue New Member
    Registered

I found for me the week where I ate less than 1200 calories a day, I lost absolutely nothing and when I went back to 1200 calories, I lost 1.6 kg for the week - your body will go into starvation mode so even eating less, it will hold onto anything you put into it, which could be why you're not seeing a reduction on the scales.

Rava, missclaire and April like this.
  7. Jazz

Jazz New Member
    Registered

Hi starlet85
    You are not losing weight because you are not eating enough calories. Your body has gone into starvation mode. This means you’re body is holding on to it’s stored fat because it’s preparing for a famine. YOU MUST eat approx 1100-1200 calories a day for your weight loss .... trust me, it’s why you’re not losing. Once you up the calories, the weight will start to drop off again.
    Good luck!!

8. missclaire

missclaire Member
    Registered

I made the same mistake for 6 months lowering my cals while running everyday to burn extra 300cals per day and true enough, my body refused to lose the fat (not even water) because i was in starvation mode. So its all about the diet what we eat while dieting (600-800 of heavy sugary creamy carbs or 1100-1200 of clean eating) Exercise cant outdo a bad diet. And i thought if i eat less i will lose more. :( ive wasted 6 months and i feel terribly depressed until i went to see my doctor for advice (i have hypothyroid and i blame it all on it when in fact its what i choose to eat while dieting)

9. Starlet85

Starlet85 New Member
    Registered

Thank you both for your response! I’ve up my calories as well as doing intermittent fasting 16/8 and that seems to be working well, I aim for 1000-1200 cals per day

Rava and missclaire like this.
  10. missclaire

missclaire Member
    Registered

Yay! Good to know. Ull do just fine with that. Im doing the same 18:6 but i only eat 2 times per day at 1130am and 4pm so i stop eating by 5pm. Doctor doesnt allow me to snack at all bcse she doesnt want me to spike my insulin so frequently bcse my metabolism is super slow now from the wrong diet ive done for 6 months :(

All the best to you :)