Day 2. (hungry/tired)

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Peppa56, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Peppa56

Peppa56 New Member
    Registered

Today is day 2 :)
    I took the duromine the same time as yesterday. Yet it hasn't had the same effect.
    by 12mid I was so so so tired. i felt like I was ready for bed.
    Iv also felt extremely hungry all day :(

anyone else had this happen?

2. Tamaraj

Tamaraj Member
    Registered

Hi, this happens to me.....I'm only on 15mg and about to go to 30mg. I get so tired around 12/1pm and have to lay down, once I lay down for 30 mins-1 hour I'm all good. Also getting hungry all the time now.

JennyGordonii likes this.
  3. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

Are you guys eating enough? I felt I lost some energy for the first week, which I put down to the fact that my body was used to eating about 700-1,000 calories a day more than what I was eating and it didn't like it. Once I got used to it it got a lot better. And yes I got hungry the first few days but after that it started to settle down more. I still think that for some of us it's a rough first week.

4. Peppa56

Peppa56 New Member
    Registered

Scribbles maybe you where right, I may have not eaten enough :)

JennyGordonii likes this.
  5. Mumof3

Mumof3 New Member
    Registered

Hey guys... Just wondering how your hunger problems have been going?? I'm in my 2nd week on 30mg and I have noticed I'm hungry at dinner time, like proper hungry and I have to really try to stay under my calorie count.... The duromine seems to wear off around 3pm!? Have you guys had this problem at all? And did it go away? Any tips would be great :)

6. Janine25

Janine25 New Member
    Registered

I also get quite hungry around dinner time - during the day I do not have any cravings at all, and only eat because I feel I have to. I have tried taking Duromine later in the morning to make the effects last longer, but then I can't sleep at all! Even if I take it early, around 8am, I have no trouble falling asleep, but wake up after two hours, fall asleep again, 2 hours same thing over again. If almost feels as if my brain does not switch off - sounds crazy?:eek:

7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Beh... unfortunately Duromine acts differently.
    No, it doesn't sound crazy, pretty much reasonable for me. Some people use it at 6.00 am and still can't sleep at night(((
    I suggest you eat more proteins for dinner then.

Lanny Edey likes this.
  8. Mumof3

Mumof3 New Member
    Registered

Yeah I have fixed my problem! I started taking it at 7.30am instead of 6am.... And that gets me past dinner time cravings :) sleep is good so far!

9. Lanny Edey

Lanny Edey Member
    Registered

Comes down to eating choices if you are hungry, if you are hungry all the time, no worries just make sure what you eat is healthy, learn what healthy is, true healthy options, nuts and fruit then have good solid main meals. For example: my salad (it is massive) you know the $2 Coles mixed leaf lettuce bags? I buy them, Cherry Tomatoes x 6 (cut in half), Capsicums x 1 medium (cut up), Baby Whole beetroot x 3 (cut up), Dill Pickles x 2 (cut up finely), Skinless Chicken Breast (diced up) and a quick dash of Balsamic Dressing just to add a zest. This is massive, and it looks massive, if you put this amount on a regular dinner plate. most of it would fall off. Obviously this isn't for everyone, but you will find your groove on what you like.

or

I could eat one half of a cup of hot chips.

They both provide 200-300 calories, but one is going to fill my stomach up and one is going to not even touch the sides and only fill my stomach no more than a quarter and hardly trigger my fullness sensors that sit just above the entrance to the stomach and make me feel hungry in 10 mins time again. Not only that, one will break down nutrients, protein, fibre etc and disperse these vital nutrients to different regions of my body, the other needs to break down solids, starch, acids, fats etc and enlarge my fat cells even more, you guess which one is which and which sounds healthier or more beneficial to what your body requires.

Drink heaps of water, and graze with healthy food, you want to change? Make the change. I used to hate eating salads. Heck it was a lot easier to buy Maccas and KFC and a tad cheaper. But hey, I decided to realise that start slowly with healthy choices and before you know it, BAM! You become conscience of what you are putting in your mouth.

The other stuff, like your tired or not tired, it comes with the terrain of Duromine, the body is a wonderful thing it can adapt to stimulants but it is up to you to understand and experiment how you want to deal with it.

Rock on, stay fab ;-)

Kate and Mumof3 like this.
  10. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Registered

Remember you might be coming down of a sugar addiction. I was addicted to red bulls, cokes and felt a bit weird in the first week which I put down to coming off all the sugar :)