Day 2 and I'm starving

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Cal b, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Cal b

Cal b New Member
    Registered

Hi there, I'm new to Duromine and am concerned it's not working! I've had 2 pills (30mg) both about 6am each morning. So far no real side affects apart from a slight headache and poor sleep. My main concern and what has me worried is I'm really hungry. I've had 3 meals today and yesterday and feel no suppression of appetite and I'm terrified to eat more incase it doesn't work. My husband is very supportive and tells me to relax and stop stressing and that it'll work. So desperate for it to get me on track and losing weight. Anyone else experience similar??

2. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member
    Registered

Hi Cal, welcome!

How is everything going now? Everybody has different experiences with Duromine, but I am surprised that your appetite hasn’t been suppressed at all. The lack of sleep and headaches suggest to me that it’s working on some level, but perhaps give it a week from your first tablet. If your appetite still isn’t suppressed at all, I would suggest seeing your doctor about getting a script for the 40 mg.

I guess the only other things I can suggest (basically playing devils advocate, seeing as I know nothing about your diet or eating habit) is:
    • make sure that you are drinking HEAPS of water. That age old issue of thinking you’re hungry when in fact you are thirsty. You will also need to increase water when taking Duromine, so if you weren’t quite drinking enough before, you definitely won’t be drinking enough now.
    • Are you actually feeling hungry? Sometimes when we are used to eating a lot, or even at certain times of the day or in particular situations, we crave foods out of habit rather than need.
    Those two points might not have any bearing on your situation though - I have no information to go by, but just a thought.

Wishing you all the best, and please let us know how you go! Xx

3. Cal b

Cal b New Member
    Registered

Thanks for the reply BamBam. It's day 5 today. I'm still hungry but if I'm being totally honest I suppose I'm not as hungry as I'd usually be so maybe they are working. I'm drinking lots although not thirsty and sleeping much better. No headaches either. I'm going to give it till Thursday, 1 week, and if I don't see any more change I'll go back to my GP. Maybe I'll need the 40mg. I just got the impression from friends who have used these before that avoiding food wouldn't be hard and that I'd have so much energy I'd be going non stop. This week has been a struggle so far but I'm not giving up. Worse case I'll get the stronger dose. Either way...this weight is going!!

• About Us

Duromineforum.com was created in 2009. Since then many people have found followers and new friends thanks to this forum. In addition, they all got a strong motivation and support. Starting from 2013, the forum achieves a new level - mini social network for people, who want to lose weight, blogs for losing weight people, weight loss before & after pictures, diet issues, etc.
  • Like us on Facebook