Day 11 and feeling sad

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by nikki82, Oct 16, 2014.

1. nikki82

nikki82 Member
    Registered

Well after a great first week losing over 6 kgs this week hasnt been so good i havent lost anything in the last 4 days. Im doing everything the same and nothing. Im just about to give up paid all this money for tablets that all they seem to be doing is not making me hungry. What i eat in a day should be enough for some weight loss and its just not happening. I feel so depressed as i have alot of weight to lose and thought i finally found something that was going to work.

2. Beth75

Beth75 New Member
    Registered

Hi Nikki,

Why so sad? You've lost 6kg in 11 days, that's pretty good don't you think???

As far as I'm aware all duromine is meant to do Is suppress your appetite.

Weight loss is controlled by your own body, with a combination of factors, including calories, exercise, hormones etc all influencing whether you lose or don't lose.

In the past I gave up after the first month, and boy did I regret it. I put the weight straight back on, and then some. This time I'm taking a long-term view, and sticking with it until the end.

It's much easier to lose weight with duromine than without it (in my experience).

Hope you start feeling better soon, and don't be too hard on yourself, you're doing great!!!

X Beth

christine V likes this.
  3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, yes girl it is a hard and long-term process and you want it all now))
    You know what? My huge weight loss took me two years on Duromine and without it, but you are only on your first week and already seem to give up. Of course, Duromine ain't cheap thing, but think of all the money you spend on junk food over life. And it led you to excess weight. That is a sad truth. So, you shouldn't give up now. It is quite a usual thing that your body adjusts to your new diet plan. First it lost huge, but now it is trying to understand what you are doing. Yeah, mother nature. Some suggestions why you didn't lost a thing during the last 4 days: 1. Periods (or PMS), 2. you don't eat enough, 3. you don't exercise. Still, I wouldn't worry if I were you. Six kilos is a great loss. Please stay on track with us. :)

4. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

HI Kate,

6 kgs in 11 days is amazing!!! Seriously. I think sometimes people get wrapped up in numbers and forget what an actual kilo feels like. I know this sounds a little silly... but next time you're at the supermarket, go to the dog food section and pick up 2 of the 3kg bags of dog food... See all that weight?!?! THAT is what you've achieved in 11 days!!!
    It's INCREDIBLE!!!

It's a huge amount. Yes, it's slowed, but it can't be huge consistent like that ALL the time. Bodies just don't work like that.

As a side note - Make sure what you are eating is giving you enough nutrition. Bodies often slow down when they are being deprived of vital vitamins and proteins. Not a supplement - they do virtually nothing unless it's calcium or iron. A lot of dark leaf veggies, good lean protein and iron and a little bit of fruit for fibre and vitamins. Yoghurt or cottage cheese is great too! When calories are low, what you should be focussing on is nutritional value.

Good luck and stay positive!

christine V and nikki82 like this.
  5. Maxifrog

Maxifrog New Member
    Registered

Wow 6kg in 11 days would be awesome. I am on day 8 and have shed les than one kg. I am still waiting for my appetite to be suppressed. I know these things do take time but I am a tad disappointed.

6. nikki82

nikki82 Member
    Registered

Thanks everyone i was just having a bad day. I know im probably not eating enough but cant eat anymore as i feel sick. I have a banana for breakfast, grilled chicken and mixed vegies for lunch and a lite jelly for dinner. I try and have a piece of steak one day a week and i drink 6 x 600mls bottle of water per day.

7. LollyTerror

LollyTerror Member
    Registered

I'm hoping my sixth kilo comes off this week. I've been on D for 6 wks or so and have lost 5 kg. I'm feeling fitter and stronger but still have about 8kg to lose to reach my goal. 6kg in a week is unbelievable to me! How is that even possible? Some of us are just turtles I suppose. I'm in for a long haul - slow and steady wins the race :)