Day 1

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by laura514, Aug 12, 2014.

1. laura514

laura514 New Member
    Registered

This is my first day on Duromine 15mg - I took it at 5am this morning because I didn't want it to keep me up. To be honest I haven't felt anything yet. I'm almost a little hungry.. Did anyone else find it took a little while to kick in?

**Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I'm new! :)

Melmo likes this.
  2. Miss T

Miss T Member
    Registered

Hello, give it some time. You will soon start to feel something. Good Luck.

3. KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise Well-Known Member
    Registered

How are you feeling today?

4. Linda Brown

Linda Brown Member
    Registered

I'm not on 15mg so not fully qualified to comment, but talk to your doctor. If he thinks the dose is to low for you to feel the effects, maybe he will increase??

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Laura
    Don't worry it is quite normal that you feel no effect on day 1.
    Sometimes it takes 3-5 days to feel that lack of appetite and energy boost. Our bodies are different and you can never tell how your organism will react to this drug. I am sure you will feel it soon. Don't forget to drink water and eat small portions. Oh, and exercise of course!
    :)

6. laura514

laura514 New Member
    Registered

Felt better today! Or at least it felt like it had started to take effect. I wasn't really hungry until about 5pm, and I didn't sleep at all last night. I made sure I ate small portions all day and I drank at least 3L of water.
    @Linda Brown - I was hesitant to go on it at first, so I don't mind staying with the 15mg for now and monitoring it. I guess I'd just read a lot of the stories about people having reactions within the firt couple of days and got anxious. But like you said Kate, everyone's bodies are different.

I'll make sure I keep you all posted, if thats okay.

Thank you all!! :0)

Kate and Melmo like this.
  7. laura514

laura514 New Member
    Registered

So I'm now at the end of day 4 and I have absolutely no appetite. Does anyone have any suggestions in terms of meal plans or how many calories you should consume in a day? I don't want to cause any health problems, but the last two days I've only racked up 500 calories :/

Melmo likes this.
  8. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Hi Laura, from what I have read the absolute lowest intake unless youre hospitalised is 1200. Morbidly obese people can be hospitalised and given supplements for no less than 800 per day. Some foods like nuts have a relatively high kj/cal count for a small serve, so I would look to add those types of foods into your diet so as to ensure your body has fuel and doesn't go into what they call 'starvation mode'. I use myfitnesspal to log food, and their database of foods and their nutrient values is extensive. Best of luck, Mel

9. laura514

laura514 New Member
    Registered

I'll get myfitnesspal straight away!

Melmo likes this.