Day 1 - what side effects?

Discussion in 'Side-Effects of Duromine' started by JellyBelly, May 12, 2012.

1. JellyBelly

JellyBelly New Member
    Registered

Starting weight: 114.5kg
    Height: 176cm
    Feeling: Porky and perky :)

So after much research through these forums, I've jumped on the Duramine wagon. Figured from all these side effects that I better start it on the weekend to pre-empt the insomnia. Had a nice long sleep in and took the first dose around 9:30am. By 10:30 I was ready to go lol, racing round the house cleaning. Normally after the routine Saturday clean I'd be looking to relax, but not today. Managed to fit in a few hours of shopping and a trip to the beach. I'm loving this extra energy! The loss of appetite is almost unreal. The only side effect so far is the thirst - and that's hardly a negative thing. In saying this though, it's 9pm and I'm still perky..so we shall see.

2. Cori-Lee

Cori-Lee New Member
    Registered

Hey JB...
    I found with myself, if I took the Duro around 7am - 7:30am I wasnt awake all night, lying in bed trying to sleep, also remember to eat. I know you have no appetite and of course thats great, however from what I've read your body goes into panic mode and starts to store fat so therefore your metabolism slows down and its harder to lose the weight, long story short make sure you remind yourself to eat, even if your not hungry, train your body to have those important meals, even if its something light, or even half of what you would normally have for dinner.
    And lots of water, don't forget this one.
    My side effects were: Dry mouth and Headaches
    the Headaches stopped after 2-3 days, I'm still experiencing the dry mouth, but its not as bad as it was a week ago.
    I'm now on Day 8 I havent weighed myself since Day 4 where I had lost 2kgs.
    All the best :)

3. JellyBelly

JellyBelly New Member
    Registered

Side effects: DRY mouth!! (and peeing a million times a day from the water consumption to alleviate dry mouth)

No problems on the water side. I'm normally a headache sufferer so really expected that but guess I've been lucky I haven't had one YET. Day 2 went smoothly, glad I started taking it on the weekend so I could 'adjust'. But I know about the sleeping now and last night dreaded going to bed, then I was trying to tell myself its mind over matter lol ( yeah right!). I find I have about 3 hours of deep sleep then the rest is very catnappy? That feeling of being half asleep and knowing it and you're wishing yourself back to sleep. Tonight may be better. I took it when I first got up around 6, which meant I was a little spacey on my commute this morning lol..skipped my normal morning coffee.

Day 3 and I cheekily checked the scales and saw a loss of 2kgs but not celebrating yet. I actually felt hungry for dinner tonight but didn't overindulge and it was healthy. Starting to think about my goal setting and rewards for achieving them :). Can't wait to get into some old clothes and 1 pair of jeans in particular.

4. Cori-Lee

Cori-Lee New Member
    Registered

Oh wow!!
    Good on you, and I sooo know about the 'not celebrating yet' part, I've noticed my clothes being a tad loose than usual but I don't wanna get in over my head, jump on the scales and get disapointed or something lol.
    I had a horrible sleep last night, it was pretty much how you described 3hours deep sleep and then cat napping.
    I have this top in my wardrobe that I havent even worn yet, I bought it a couple months ago (knowing I couldnt fit it) but having a goal to be able to wear it eventually, I'm quite happy that day is getting closer. :)