Day 1 on Duros

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Thulie, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Thulie

Thulie New Member
    Registered

Hi Guys,

My name is Thulie I am a 22yr old lady currently on 75kgs(depressed) I have never been so depressed by my weight like I am now, I am really looking forward to my journey of weight loss, I wanna lose 10kgs all in all. wish me luck guys.

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Good luck, Thulie! Although I don't think you need the pills with that much weight...

Lilah likes this.
  3. Thulie

Thulie New Member
    Registered

Hi Kate, thnx 4 the reply I just don't understand what u mean by saying I don't need the pills with this much weight,am I not gonna lose?

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

I just meant that the pills are only advised if you are obese. But you're not. They are prescribed if your BMI is above 30. Well, you can take them of course. Some people want to lose 30 kg and more, you - 10kg. Usually doctors suggest to try it on your own, to avoid side effects. But I guess you just can't stick to the diet and exercises, so you need help of the pills. I wish I could avoid drug therapy when I had to use the pills...

Anyways, didn't mean to scare you, just sharing.
    ps. Are you aware that you still gonna need low-calorie diet and exercises? Even with the pills. Otherwise when you stop taking them the weight comes back. Duromine still requires a lifestyle change. Don't worry, you will lose, just make sure the dose is the smallest one - 15mg for the beginning and you keep special regime - 4-5 small meals per day, lots of water, exercises (at least walking for 30-40 minutes a day) and everything will be great!

Lilah likes this.
  5. Lilah

Lilah New Member
    Registered

Good luck :)

I would kill to be 75kg :)

Kate likes this.
  6. bek34

bek34 New Member
    Registered

Maybe this person is short and 75 puts her in the overweight category. Im 78 and 165cm tall this put me in the overweight category and have Just started duromine

Joanne87 likes this.
  7. Joanne87

Joanne87 Member
    Registered

My starting weight thulie is the same as yours, 2 weeks in I'm down to 72kgs hoping to be down to 70 by my first month weigh in. Good luck keep us updated