Day 1 of 40kg....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mission_75, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Mission_75

Mission_75 New Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone!

I'm new here...today Day 1 on Duromine! ...I'm just not sure what diet to follow, would appreciate advice on that...do u guys calorie count?

My stats :

Height : 168 cm
    CW : 114
    GW : 75
    Hip :140 cm
    Bust : 110 cm

I plan on weighing myself weekly at home and check in on here.

Day 1 hasn't been too bad just a loooooot of thirst! ( on my fourth liter of water)

For breakfast I had a high protein shake made from banana/dates/almond milk/ hemp seed protein, lunch was a green salad with lean chicken, snack was cashew/almond nut mix with a yoghurt. I plan on having a fruit and protein powder smoothie for supper.

Please advice if I'm over eating or should steer clear from any foods that are not obvious, really desperate to shift this weight! :-(

Will start walking as of tomorrow.

Wish me luck ! :)

Jc13 and MzJaxon82 like this.
  2. Mumo3girls

Mumo3girls Active Member
    Registered

Sounds like your starting off great.
    Focus on changing habits for life, not just a few weeks. If you must eat bad, (eg events or hectic days) keep your portions smaller than usual. Life Happens, so don't try to be TOO perfect, because it's hard to sustain.
    Good luck on your journey!

MzJaxon82, April and Mission_75 like this.
  3. Mission_75

Mission_75 New Member
    Registered

Thank you so much!

4. Mission_75

Mission_75 New Member
    Registered

Day 2 :

So far so good, no side effects other than the thirst just started my 4th litre of water! AND just got back from gym....yaaaay me!!! :). Did 45 min cardiovascular with ease....must be the energy/increased heart rate from the D.

Food :

Breakfast was a papaya/mixed berry/almond milk/maca root powder smoothie. I have decided I'm going to have a high protein smoothie for breakfast for the next four weeks then change up my routine on month 2

Snack : 15 cashews

Lunch : mixed raw sweet peppers with grilled chicken...I'm not weighing anything just eye balling. If it backfires I will start weighing my portions. I have decided to rather weigh than calorie count, that's too tedious and will have me too obsessive over numbers.

Snack : Yoghurt, small low tub. I'm finishing off the flavoured low fat ones I have in the fridge then will get fat free plain yoghurt instead as of next week. Greek would be too expensive for me.

Supper : I'm undecided what I will have...I don't know if I want to make supper routine a smoothie or salad with lean protein....will see.

Kate likes this.
  5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

I think your diet is great so far. It actually makes a good sense to weigh the food instead of calorie counting. I used to do that too, because I figured that my eyes just couldn't measure anything correctly :) so I ended up with too much pasta or cereal for a portion:D You just need to stick to a small amount and mix all the nutrients in good combination. Which I like, especially your chicken/pepper lunch (yumm!).

I usually take a small plate and pour uncooked product there first and then weigh it to measure my portion size, and then record or memorize the numbers on the scales so I don't need to weigh it every time. Speaking of plates, I read somewhere that the color of your plate can actually affect your appetite as well. Namely blue color was called the most "appetite reducing" one, so it was recommended for people struggling with their body weight to use small blue plate for meals every day. I personally don't know whether it is true or not. Just wanted to share it with you.

April likes this.
  6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hey! Congrats with the thread and well done with the weight loss plan! Keep it up and I am sure the results will motivate you for more achievements!

It always depends on your preferences, whether you decide to calorie count, or to weigh your meals. As long as you feel you are doing it right and see the results, means your choice works. =)

Just one small suggestion… you don’t need to choose the fat-free yoghurt. Your menu is not so rich in fats, so if you can get plain yogurt, simple, it will be great! It won’t be 10% of fat in it, that’s for sure, so don’t go crazy with this. =)

As for supper choices… both sound good. If your smoothie contains some veggies, protein and just a bit of carbs… ok. I usually have smoothies when I am a bit out of time to cook the salad and the meat/fish. So dropping everything into the blender and having your meal in a couple of minutes is very useful on hectic evenings.

Have a great day!

7. Mission_75

Mission_75 New Member
    Registered

Day 3

I have been so upset!...slept only an hour last night! !!...I hope this doesn't happen often as I'm taking my D early enough I don't get it. Up side though is that I wasn't tired at all hahaha....hoping for better sleep tonight.

I was travelling today so all in all not the best of days food wise, hardly ate. It was a lesson to prepare and plan and pack before hand, I am proud though I didn't grab anything unhealthy on the way.

I did a 30min a walk/run interval, and had 3 litres of water...The thirst is not as bad as day one anymore.

Food wise :

For breakfast I had a smoothie : spinach/celery/kiwi/ green apple/hemp seed protein powder ...had to add two small dates for some sweetness. Must say this was not the best of smoothies but I gotta go green with one of them I figure...so I'm going to have this only twice a week and then the rest do something with orange/ yellow fruits (which I love) such as mango papaya and some almond milk.

Then completely forgot to have lunch...when I realised I hadn't had anything for almost 7 hours I had two bananas.

For supper im just going to have a small green salad with cottage cheese for a protein boost....don't have any appetite today!

Crossing fingers I get to sleep :)

#7 Mission_75, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:39 PM
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 4:47 PM
  8. Mission_75

Mission_75 New Member
    Registered

Lol I can imagine with the pasta...We underestimate the portions we eat until we weigh. I don't own a single blue plate but might just get it if I struggle down the line, thanx Kate.

Kate likes this.
  9. Mission_75

Mission_75 New Member
    Registered

Oh goodie goodie!...going to get low fat yoghurt instead then, thanx April

April likes this.
  10. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi! So sorry you’re still struggling with insomnia. It should subside in the nearest couple of days… or you can take sleeping pills, if it takes your body longer to get accustomed with the drug.

Well done on sticking to healthy eating choices, even on the road while being hungry. And I hope that you will have something with you to snack on, when you’re out for a long time. You can have some fruit, peeled carrot, a cucumber, some nuts, seeds. Or something more serious you can have for lunch, if you know that your driving will take even more time. You should not starve on Duromine! So, please, always take care of this.

Still, if there is no way no how you can get something healthy at the moment, you can always drop in the nearest restaurant and get a salad without any horrible dressings, which might be delicious, but will add up a caloric value that would allow you eat a piece of meat. ;) ok, now that for extreme emergency. They still use some bad stuff, even when it comes to grilled chicken…

Oh green smoothies… definitely not the most delicious, and I have to admit I always fail to keep it 100% green. A couple of strawberries change it so drastically. =)) Love it! As for the orange fruits, try to add as little mango as you need for a good taste. It’s sooo rich in sugar… though I love it like nuts =(

Green salad with cottage cheese is a great choice for supper. Well done!

Hope your days goes nice and looking forward to your updates. =) I am sure, it will be a fun journey with you!

11. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

You've got this Mission!! Let's smash it!!!

Mission_75 likes this.
  12. Mission_75

Mission_75 New Member
    Registered

Day 4

Had a 45 min run/walk session today...went well

3L water done

Food wise :

For breakfast I had a chia pudding that I soaked last night in almond milk. Chia seeds/almond milk/mulberries and banana chopped and layered in.

Snack : handful of grapes.

Lunch : threw in lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and olives together. ..

Snack : Low fat yoghurt tub

Supper : beans and rice and spinach

Feeling a bit tired, should be able to sleep tonight :)

MzJaxon82 and April like this.
  13. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hey! Well done! 45 minutes of cardio is certainly a good thing! =)

Again, your menu… great! Well done! Hope you’ll have a good night’s sleep. Have a great new day and even higher achievements! =0))

Kate likes this.
  14. Mission_75

Mission_75 New Member
    Registered

Whoooohooo Day 5 done and dusted!

All in all a successful day
    Had 3.5L of water and slept much better....did a 30 min fast walk.

Breakfast was banana/bluberry/maca root powder/almond milk smoothies

Snack : 10 almonds and 10 cashews and a tub of low fat yoghurt

Lunch : chicken avocado salad...might have over done it with some thick mayo dressing...

Having the same salad for supper, only won't have dressing now.

Preparing beets for my veg and lentils for tomorrow's meals...can't wait!

Happy dieting! :)

15. Mission_75

Mission_75 New Member
    Registered

Thanx April you are the best

April likes this.
  16. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Great news! You slept better, congrats! I am very happy to hear that.:)

Again, what a great diet plan, Mission_75! Anytime I read your post, it makes my mouth water:D
    Speaking of mayo dressing, try maybe to blend some extra vergine olive oil (like one tablspoon) with lemon juice and a tiny little bit of mustard, sugar and salt separately and then mix with the salad. Tastes almost like mayo, but contains less calories if you are worried about that. And suits the chicken salads best. I'm not sure how greek yogurt combines with chicken and avocado, but who knows, maybe this would be tasty too.
    Hugs!

April and Mission_75 like this.
  17. Mission_75

Mission_75 New Member
    Registered

Sigh!...Day 6

Where to start ?....bad day!...

Have terrible period pains and had stressful day at work!
    Took only 2L of water today :-(
    Did no exercise. ...took my rest day.

Breakfast was berries and yoghurt
    Snack 3 passion fruits with mix of nuts....100 g ( which is a lot! :-( )
    Got too busy then didn't have lunch
    Supper was a beet/lentil salad

Then I ravaged through half a large papaya and yoghurt...AFTER supper!!!! :-(

I am so terrified for tomorrow's weigh in. You guys Duromine is my last resort. ..I have been on every diet on the planet and can't seem to lose weight...I am worried I won't have moved a single kilogram on the scale tomorrow as usual!...I'm tearing up just thinking of not losing anything tomorrow...

MzJaxon82 likes this.
  18. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

Awwwww Mission I'm sorry to hear you're havin a bad day. Keep your head up and keep pushing. Small steps ok. Hope you have a better day

Mission_75 likes this.
  19. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hey! Don’t get discouraged so soon. I know it all about the bad days, and I can totally understand how horrible period pains can be. It is good that you had a relaxing day, without exercising, if it was that bad. Otherwise, you might have not just the papaya (which is almost 100% sugar-free, so it’s fine) and yogurt, but a whole fridge of something totally not promoting weight loss. It’s ok, it’s fine… this was the day when you filled your body quite a lot of useful fats, minerals and vitamins (3 passion fruit and A LOT of nuts), and fiber. Make today a more protein day to compensate yesterday. And please, be careful with the nuts. They are delicious and are extremely useful, yet they are the same high in calories, as they are rich in useful elements.

As for the weight loss.. are you kidding? You’re in the worst time of month for having the first weigh in. don’t let the scales discourage you, if they don’t show any weight loss. It won’t be an accurate result. Your task is to focus, forget about anything you might have slipped on these days (like mayo and avocado – that’s super heavy. Avocado is already rich in fats, and we should start building the “anti-processed foods” habit right now). So, avocado stays, and the mayo has to go… wave it goodbye at least for two weeks. Then, if you crave for it too much, you can have it with a meal. Though, I am sure that in 2 weeks you won’t desire mayo anymore. =)

Take good care of your mental state and smile to yourself every time you see yourself in the mirror. You are changing your life for better, and it’s one of the best thing in the world that we can do for ourselves and our close people. Cheers!

20. Mission_75

Mission_75 New Member
    Registered

Thank you you guys are awesome!