Day 1 - Here goes!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Eagle75, May 23, 2012.

1. Eagle75

Eagle75 New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight - 97kg
    Goal Weight - 80kg

Well here goes.. 1st tab down, kinda nervous to see what happens. On 40mg Duromine caps + taking a course of Champix! (fine with the Doc) .. Went cold turkey on the smokes last year, quit easily enough but banged on the weigh. This should be interesting, After the doc tells me i may go a lil 'Stupid' over the next few weeks!

Will be a tough call if I lose the weight as I don't get a chance to do exercise, Work + Study + Kids pretty much take up my days!

Fingers X'd.. :p

2. Kerri

Kerri New Member
    Registered

Good luck,

I am on day 13 and down 4.8kg so far. I have had some side effects. Dry mouth, chest and back pain, some head aches. I also have had th flu blah. I hope to pick up a bit now.
    What is Champix?

3. Eagle75

Eagle75 New Member
    Registered

Hi Kerri, Sounds like your course is going well! ... I had my 1st side effects last night, felt tired about 11pm so went off to bed only to stay awake staring at the ceiling the whole night! .. Funnily enough i don't feel tired this morning lol.

Champix was prescribed to me so that I can finally give up the Ciggarettes!! ..

4. Kerri

Kerri New Member
    Registered

I was exactly the same at first. Couldn't sleep at all.
    I sleep really well now yay. I hate the heart pulpatations. They are the worse. It can be a bit scarey really.
    I have had a good day today. I had porridge for breakfast. This seemed to have calmed my side effects.
    I am down almost 5kg in 2weeks. I'm happy with that.
    Good luck and I hope you sleep bett soon.