Day 1 First Timer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 2boysmama, Nov 6, 2018.

1. 2boysmama

2boysmama New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    72kg
    Current Weight:
    72kg
    Height:
    154cm
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    58kg
    Day 1. 38yrs old. 14 kg over ideal weight.
    Decided to try to kick-start my weight loss after having 2 kids in 4 years. I used to be 58kg--running 10Ks--now I'm overweight, tired, working full time and taking care of my husband and 2 kids. Life has got in the way. I hoping to achieve quicker results to help motivate me more. My diet isn't too bad but my exercise is almost none (unless you count running after 2 little boys and pushing a pram to and from the grocery store).

Took my first pill at 6 AM. Now 8:30 AM and feeling energetic. Even thinking of taking the boys down for a swim since its a holiday where I live and we are all home from nursery and work.

Will try to hold off on first weigh in until Day 7.

Louise Kaye and Rava like this.
  2. rhalu

rhalu New Member
    Registered

Hi 2boysmama, I am completely in the same boat as you. i am also a mother of two boys. My first born is three years old and my second born is one year old. Between taking car of the kids and my husband i never have time for myself which makes concentrating on weight loss more challenging. Today is my second day on Duromine. My first day was challenging as i experienced some of the side effects.

I am hopeful that i will have a breakthrough.

2boysmama and Rava like this.
  3. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@2boysmama - welcome to the forums!

Hope your day went well :). Did you have any insomnia last night?

4. 2boysmama

2boysmama New Member
    Registered

No insomnia but restless sleep. Woke up a couple times throughout the night. The strangest thing is after the first night, I woke up with really sore leg muscles--like I'd been tensing them all night or something. This is now the end of Day 3 for me and legs are still quite sore.

Rava likes this.
  5. 2boysmama

2boysmama New Member
    Registered

I definitely enjoyed the burst of energy! Got some much done around the house, hosted a pool party and still felt energetic from 6:30am to 9pm. I did have some dry mouth and I felt very thirsty and sweaty. Other than that, not too bad. I've noticed decreased appetite but still felt the urge to eat a little something at lunch and dinner.

What side effects have you experienced?

6. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@2boysmama - you wouldn't believe it but I woke up this morning feeling like my calf muscles had been cramping! They are quite sore and even tender to touch :eek:

I haven't done any type of strenuous work out since getting back 2 days ago from our trip, so I know its not muscle soreness from exercise. I am going to have an epsom salt bath tonight and see if that relieves the tightness. Oh and take my magnesium tablet - which I haven't done for over a week!

Dre likes this.