Day 1..... Excited to get my life back

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tamaraj, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Tamaraj

Tamaraj Member
    Registered

Hi everyone.....I'm 31 and 95.3 kgs as of this morning. I've struggled with my weight for a long time but decided to lose weight last year after I turned 30. I then got horribly sick with Steven Johnston syndrome and almost lost my life. As a result I have a lot of medical problems and have put on a lot of weight. My doctor suggested this to me and today I started taking it. The hope is that I lose some weight and my body might start working properly ....so fingers crossed

Ready to get my life back...oh and I'm getting married in January and would love to feel the best I can for the day.

2. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

Hi Tamaraj. I started at 94.2 so I was pretty much around the same as you for the starting point. I've been going a couple of weeks. January is far enough off for you to be looking like a beautiful bride. Our daughter gets married for the second time this September, so I'd like to be a thinner mother of the bride and not feel embarrassed in any wedding photos.

3. Tamaraj

Tamaraj Member
    Registered

Hi, have you had any side affects? Are you on 15 or 30? I was going good all day and now have a cracking headache and feel like I want to be sick. I don't get in any photos now as I hate looking at them. Have you lost any weight?

4. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

I was using the pills late last year and had headaches everyday and stopped. I decided a couple of weeks ago to try again and no headaches this time. Lots of water. I think I ought to make up a bed in the loo I'm in there so often!! I started way back on 15 mg and now am on 30 mg. I lost 2.5 kg the first week and 900 gm last week. I'm walking 4 days a week and started off at 2.25 km which took me about 30 minutes to do. Then added more last week and now this week added more distance and am doing 3.05 km. I live in a small community so I went around in my car and wrote down the milages so know was distances I'm doing. It's all a very patient journey. I didn't put it all on in a couple of months and I won't take it all off in a couple of months either. I'm setting little goals along the way. I think that's a good idea so the journey has it's little goal stops along the way and doesn't seem like a mountain to climb. Keep thinking about your wedding and you'll get there.

5. Tamaraj

Tamaraj Member
    Registered

Well down well done with the walking. I live in a small town in outback nsw so with no family , hubby to be on shift work and a 6 year old, excersise everyday is sometimes hard but I go to boxin classes 2 times a week and love it. Try and walk as much as I can and now that it's not 43C everyday finding it easier. My first goal is to get into the mid 80s and then I'll start shopping for a dress

6. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

My first goal is to get under 90 kg........almost there I can almost touch it!!

7. Tamaraj

Tamaraj Member
    Registered

I can't wait for that.....just to not see the number 90.... Been a long long time since been in 80's....you will be there very soon!