Day 1 - Duromine 15mg - TAKE 2

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by bombdiggity, May 31, 2011.

1. bombdiggity

bombdiggity New Member
    Registered

Hi all

I went off Duromine over the past week and a half as I couldn't shake a cold and now I'm much better, I started up again.

It was good to note that it seemed to take effect almost immediately with the dry mouth (not an issue) and alertness. Today I had a protein laden breakfast of scrambled eggs, some mushrooms and a rasher of bacon, morning tea was about 100g of grapes and lunch was a tuna salad with honey mustard dressing. Dinner is a Peposo (Tuscan beef stew) and half an hour at least on the treadmill!

Go me....we're off again. Oh, and I didn't gain any weight while off the medication. I also found that the appetite surpressing effect has hung around too, while not taking it.

2. bombdiggity

bombdiggity New Member
    Registered

So...I've decided to take 2 x 15mg capsules per day - this is Day 2 of doing that. Last night I got on the treadmill and pounded out 45 minutes easily and it was like I wanted to keep going. Unfortunately, living in a timber house, the whole place was shaking so I had to stop so the kids could go to bed in peace!

I'm keeping up my fluids and am snacking on Cup of Soups in between meals if I feel the need to eat. So far, I think the 30mg is having a much better effect than the 15mg. The bad thing is, I'll have to go back to my doc for another prescription soon so that'll be another bloody $90 out of pocket to see her until Medicare rebates the visit. What a pain. LOL