Day 1 - 15mg

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Clopaeyejoe, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Clopaeyejoe

Clopaeyejoe New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    108kg
    Current Weight:
    108kg
    Height:
    165cm
    Lost:
    0kg
    Goal Weight:
    85kg
    Hiiiii I’m chloe.

I’m a little nervous doing this as this is my first time on duromine but I’m hoping it will kickstart my weight loss or at least help me along the way.

Today is my first day of duromine and I am on 15mg. I felt little to no different. Only thing I noticed was a dry mouth this morning which has since gone away. I didn’t feel overly hungry but I was on an early lunch break at work so this could be why. I have been able to eat as normal and have found no real appetite loss as of yet.
    I’m hoping to get down to a goal weight of 85kg or less if I can but for now I’m happy to looseabything as weight loss has always been a bit struggle for me.

I’ve joined to follow other people’s journey to see if they’re similar to mine

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Chloe, welcome to the forum! Duromine might need some time to kick in, and, hopefully, it starts working for you soon. Are you planning to go for the entire 3-month course? Did you think over your eating and exercising routine?

3. Clopaeyejoe

Clopaeyejoe New Member
    Registered

Hi April.

I haven’t been offered a 3 month plan and was only given a 1 month prescription at this point and to go back and see my doctor in a month.
    I’ll be honest with you.. I’m useless at excerise. Well I was because I was always discouraged as I have never been able to loose much weight. And found out yesterday that that could be as my thyroids aren’t great. I’m high with tsh and low in the other.
    My eating is relatively good, however I am a bad snacker which has got to stop. Mainly lollies and chocolate. Pretty bad with Coke Zero too. I’ve downloaded my fitness pal to keep myself on track with eating and will get a excerise plan in place

Anything you suggest that would be a good start of point for someone who is pretty slack in most areas but looking to make a change?

4. Librarian

Librarian Member
    Registered

Walking is a good start if you are unfit. I started on 15 mg too (later 30 mg) and it took a few days for extra energy to kick in. I've never felt manic or had a house-cleaning frenzy, and it didn't magically make me fit but it has given me enough energy so I longer want to sit around all day. I rarely do formal exercise but if I don't have much to carry I'll walk to the shops, I regained an interest in gardening, I just get up and move around more. I really like that aspect. I still get hungry but I only need to eat half as much to feel full, and I don't get cravings (much) for junk food.

April likes this.
  5. Clopaeyejoe

Clopaeyejoe New Member
    Registered

Yeah I’m going to start walking and I’m going to start the 30 minute shred starting tomorrow so I can do excerises at home.

6. Clopaeyejoe

Clopaeyejoe New Member
    Registered

Day 5 - still no weight loss. All I’ve got is a bad sleep routine and a very very dry mouth. Is this normal? I’ve read other people’s experience and most have weight loss in the first couple days. loosing motivation.

• Like us on Facebook