Considering starting Duromine

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Absinthe11, May 24, 2018.

1. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    58-60
    Hello everyone I just had my 3rd child 6 months ago. I’ve packed on 20 kilos that will not budge. I normally eat very healthy 80% of the time so I have tried to lose it but exercise is a struggle for me as I’m always exhausted
    I have a difficult toddler as well and what I mean by difficult is he has a speech delay and DOES NOT SLEEP very well.
    I need something to kick start me. my motivation is there it’s just moving forward which is the struggle because I’m so exhausted and frustrated.
    I’m normally quite pietete at around 60 kilos so this extra weight has me in a deal of pain the days following intense exercise. My knees kill which completely throws me off. And I’m back at square one.
    I’ve lost weight by myself in the past after my 2nd which was easy then. I wasn’t so frustrated nor was I in pain ect I just need a kickstart. I know all about healthy eating ect so this is only short term. Sorry for the long post, can’t talk to my partner about it he just laughs at me.
    What I’m asking is how do I go about asking my doctor? What should I say to her? Do I just walk in and ask for it? Or explain everything as I have done on here? Btw I have good health. I have a healthy heart ect so I’d be crushed if she won’t prescribe it. Thanks for reading.

April likes this.
  2. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Hiya @Absinthe11

Welcome :)

I know everyone finds talking about their weight uncomfortable - I know was. But at the end of the day your doctor is there to help you :). My GP is one I have been seeing for over 10 years now and she of course knew a lot of if not most of my medical history. Basically I sat down and told her how I was feeling and how I was struggling. I asked about the Duromine and if it would be suitable for me. She went through some pro's and cons, made sure I understood them, took my blood pressure and prescribed it for me.

If it is not your normal doctor you are seeing - just be honest and tell them how you feel :)

3. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

Thanks for your insight Rava.
    It truly means a lot.
    I’ve been seeing my doctor for about 3 years now so I’m hoping she understands where I’m coming from. Although in the past we’ve discussed my weight loss efforts and it was so easy to lose then so I’m hoping she doesn’t just brush it off and tell me to do what I did then. If you know what I mean.

April likes this.
  4. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

Your doctor will take in your weight loss history and other things into consideration. My gp was thorough and said to me a lot of doctors won’t prescribe it for a large amount of reasons mainly because of the side effects.

Absinthe11 and April like this.
  5. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

Oh really? A lower dosage shouldn’t cause really bad side affects would it?
    What am I in for

6. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

Depends on the person. I started on 15mg then moved to 30mg. Main side effect for me - dry mouth so I was lucky.

7. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

My doctor prescribed me 30mg yesterday I’m not taking them until Monday morning as I’m staying at my sil’s place over the weekend.
    Normally I eat around 1600 calories per day to lose weight as I have done in the past.
    Should I try and aim to eat that or less?
    I know it suppresses your appetite majorly but I’m going to do my best to eat even when I don’t want to.

Rava likes this.
  8. Meshell71

Meshell71 New Member
    Registered

I live in Perth and really had no problems getting Duromine from my gp. I was just honest and upfront with my weight history. They are there to help you. I am on 40mg as 30mg did nothing for me. Side effects are dry mouth, loads of energy but it can affect your sleep (so take it early in the morning). Good luck with your journey

9. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

That's awesome news, as I know you were worried that you might not be able to get them prescribed :)

In regards to calories have a look at this https://duromineforum.com/threads/h...are-eating-too-few-or-too-many-calories.3093/

Actually the whole section with the info on weightless is really helpful :) and the side-effects of duromine is something to read also - just so you are prepared in what may or may not happen :)

10. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

Thanks everyone.

Rava likes this.