Confused with food labels?

Discussion in 'Foods' started by KaylaLouise, Aug 6, 2014.

1. KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise Well-Known Member
    Registered

I found this and I have heard many trainers and dietitians advise this so I thought I'd put it up so that it may help you determine if something really is a healthy option with all the misleading labels "low fat" , "lite", etc... IMG_96490402250374.jpeg

kazzbah and Melmo like this.
  2. mubeenim

mubeenim Guest

#2 mubeenim, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    Melmo likes this.
  3. ChelseaPearshape

ChelseaPearshape New Member
    Registered

I read packaging labels before I touch anything in the pack. I'm diabetic, and always check the carbohydrate/sugar content.
    In general, I avoid anything that says low fat (especially yoghurt). Basics of banting. (Low Carb High Fat).
    I have been doing this for 2 months, and I can already see the results. (-10kg I look like I'm wearing borrowed pants! hehehe...)

Melmo and KaylaLouise like this.
  4. Ally-Cat

Ally-Cat New Member
    Registered

Hi all. I watched a documentary last night about obesity, it's called FED UP. It's a must watch you won't believe what we are all oblivious about. Was a real eye opener any dietier must watch it. We think fat free is good.....Uhm not really the fat might be removed but that makes the product taste bad so add more sugar!!!!! you need to get it and watch it if you can.... ;)

ChelseaPearshape likes this.
  5. ChelseaPearshape

ChelseaPearshape New Member
    Registered

It realy makes one think... are the pharmacutical companies conspiring with food manufacturers to KEEP us fat and un-healthy..?!

"Be honest: That bacon, egg and cheese breakfast you scarfed down the other day was so delicious you’d love to have it for breakfast every morning. But like so many other health-conscious, weight-watching Americans, you just won’t allow yourself that indulgence. Instead, you opt for the usual low-fat, low-calorie and (oh-so-bland) oatmeal.
    Now a new book, based on eight years of dogged research, echoes what more and more experts have been saying: Animal-based fats, far from being dietary demons, are actually good for us – and by eating more carbohydrates instead, we’ve been wreaking havoc on our bodies in the mistaken belief we were doing some good."

I copied the above from this website: thefiscaltimes

I have been trying and trying to explain to my mom and friends that we need these healthy fats!
    Your "common sense" tells you to cut fat... but we just believe that, because that's what we have heard all along, so we believe it!

You can also check out Banting / Tim Noakes diet.

AND BY THE WAY: I have lost 20kg's since the 18th of June eating High Fat, Medium Protein, Low Cab.
    (When I last commented above it was only 10)...:)

#5 ChelseaPearshape, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2017
  6. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, ladies, fat is good. Our body needs 40-60% of carbs, then 30-40% of protein and 10-20% is necessarily fat. I think nothing is bad in eggs and bacon breakfast (I'm just against frying the bacon on a pan - bad cholesterol, instead I prefer a slice of it with a slice of chees in a sandwich). But this is not what makes us fat. Unfortunately lots of people eat too much fast food, thinking it's the same they cook at home. But no way! These foods contain lots of saturated fat and bad cholesterol. Not mentioning flavor enhancers. So my word: stay away from fast food "restaurants". If we cook properly at home, then fat might work well for our bodies.
    For example, I've read recently that seafood, vegetable fat (oils) and cod-liver oil contain good fat.

P.S. By the way, I've watched too some interesting documentary called "My 600 lb life" and "Superfat vs. superskinny" and found out a lot from them. Unbelievable how many people are food junkies! Thanks, I will watch yours soon too.

Leigh'sgottalottolose likes this.
  7. Ally-Cat

Ally-Cat New Member
    Registered

Yes it's so true what they say and unfortunately the children of today live on fast food and sugar loaded foods!!!
    Not to mention wrong time managing on when they eat.
    It is up to us the older generations to be a role models to the youth of today and nobody realises it.
    It's very sad but very true I am going to change myself and my health so my children can follow good habits (luckly their healthy and not overweight yet!!! still in really good shape).

Kate likes this.
  8. jackulin456

jackulin456 New Member
    Registered

This common table is also help me. I see and mix it up with me. Nutrition is also good with me.

9. Booker Villalobos

Registered

It really helps?