Classic Red Tomato Rice

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Kate, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Ingredients

• 2 tbs vegetable or olive oil
    • 2 C rice, preferably medium grain
    • 2 C Roasted Jalapeño-Tomato Salsa
    • 1-1/2 C hot, rich-tasting chicken broth or water
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 1/2 C chopped fresh cilantro
    Directions

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a 3-quart, ovenproof saucepan, heat the oil over medium. Add the rice and cook, stirring regularly, until almost all the grains have turned from translucent to milky white and have begun to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the salsa and stir for 1 minute, then add the broth or water and salt.
    Bring to a boil, stir once and scrape down any grains of rice that are clinging to the side of the pan. Cover tightly and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, uncover and test a few rice grains. They should be just about tender at the core (if they're not, return the pan to the oven for a few minutes longer).
    Re-cover the pot and let stand off the heat on the back of the stove for 5 to 10 minutes to finish the cooking. Uncover, sprinkle with the cilantro and use a fork to fluff everything together—there will be a layer of tomato that's risen to the top that you'll need to mix back in.

2. Michealleo

Michealleo New Member
    Registered

Mexican Rice (arroz)

Fry in hot oil 1 cup of white rice over med-high heat constantly stirring w/ wooden spoon until brown. Add 1 1/2 cups water and 1 Knorr or Goya tomate/o cube. Stir in until dissolved. Let cook uncovered until water evaporates and add 1/2 cup water if rice is still not tender. Simmer until rice is soft and liquid evaporated.

Leigh'sgottalottolose likes this.
  3. Nickson

Nickson New Member
    Registered

Well the recipes seems to be an awesome for me . I have tried different recipes of rice but this one is really unique and new for me . i think it might also be delicious like other recipes of Rice.