Been on Duromine for one month so far

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by jadelesliem, Feb 28, 2011.

1. jadelesliem

jadelesliem New Member
    Registered

hi, I've been on Duromine for one month. I've got a few questions that my GP couldn't answer (i guess since he's never used it before) and i was hoping other users could help me.

The first few weeks of using Duromine, i felt hot all the time. I could stand in Aircon and feel like my head was a thermometer. I also experienced a badly dry mouth. It doesn't matter how much water i drink i would still suffer with my mouth and tongue being dry. The other experience i felt was as if "drifting" through the day. I was walking and talking and functioning at work just fine, however i felt like i was moving slowly and the world was moving fast. The constant feeling of being hot passed in the first two weeks after using Duromine as well as the feeling of drifting through the day, however the dry mouth stayed. I lost 4kg's in those two weeks.

In the later two weeks i found that the side effects disappeared, however the dry mouth and tongue feeling stayed. However a new side effect has recently presented itself. Currently i am finding it hard to use the toilet on a regular basis. i'm going two or three days without using the loo. I have been trying to eat as many fruit and veg as i can get. however when i eat roughage (wheat biscuits etc) i find that my stomach works non stop for about two hours then back to the constipation for another two or three days. i didn't loose so much weight in the later two weeks about 1kg. i am also finding myself to be extremely hungry most of the time.

I have now renewed my prescription for another month and was hoping to get some advice as to the weight loss.

Is it normal to only loose five kilo's a month? Have you heard of these side effects before? Should I stay on Duromine if the weight loss has slowed so significantly? What are some tips I can use to keep the weight coming off like it did in the first two weeks? Should I try missing a day a week to keep them working?

If someone could please help i would be much appreciated.

Jade

2. misskirsten

misskirsten New Member
    Registered

hello jade, it can be normal to loose only 5kgs, whats your weight if you dont mind? the smaller your weight the most likely the weight will take longer to fall off