Beach bum will become beach babe

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Wide Beach Bum, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Wide Beach Bum

Wide Beach Bum New Member
    Registered

Hi all,

I am from Durban, South Africa and I am on day five of duromine. So far I haven't had any bad side effects, apart from a headache on day two (which I think was from cutting out coffee and not the pills).

I am also on anti-depressants - I have read that duromine shouldn't be taken with anti-depressants - but I have to do something about my weight, so my Dr and I discussed and decided that I could start on 15mg and see how I go.

I have a long journey ahead of me, I am 1.53m (short) and I weigh a disgusting 137kg!!!! I have a lot to lose, but as I'm coming to the end of day 5 I truly believe I can do this properly this time round. I'm my own worse enemy and can always start a diet off well, but sabotage myself somewhere along the way and then just give up, so keep your fingers crossed that I can do it this time round.

My goal weight is 65kg - so I have an astounding 72kg to lose! Wish me luck, I'll post updates every now and then.

I would like to know if anyone has got to their goal weight on duromine?

2. Jamjam

Jamjam New Member
    Registered

Hi Beach babe

I am from Jhb and will start my duromine 15mg tomorrow. I and 1.62m and weigh 114kg. My goal is 69kg. I have the same issue as you where you start off well and then fall off the wagon. I also want to make this a success this time around - let us support each other through this journey.

I don't have a diet to follow with it, my doctor just gave me some eating guidelines. I work best with a specified diet and follow it, are you following a specific diet?

We will achieve our goals, one step at a time.

3. Wide Beach Bum

Wide Beach Bum New Member
    Registered

Hi Jamjam,

Absolutely! I need all the support I can get and it would be nice to talk to someone going through the same process. How do I send you my bbm or email so we can chat?

In terms of a diet, yes my Dr gave me one, I can scan it in and send it to you?

4. Jamjam

Jamjam New Member
    Registered