Bathroom scale issue

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by missclaire, Sep 16, 2018.

1. missclaire

missclaire Member
    Registered

this might sound trivial but i have bought 2 bathroom scales today thinking one was broken because it gives weird reading. Why is it so far off than the doc’s? I had thrown my old bathroom scales (yes even the digital one) because they keep on saying im 65kg when in fact i was 72kg at doc’s office.

and today 4 years later it happens again lol. I cant even deal.. i dont want to purchase expensive scales just to be fooled like this all over again. I have googled every possible way i even calibrated it with a 2.5kg dumbell which gives an accurate reading after adjusting it accordingly but once i step on it, im always 65kg. :(

I use flat solid surface ive tried the entire house and im still 65kg (doc’s office is 68-69 since february) and its because of this scale that i didnt realized ive ballooned to 72kg during health check up. So crazy.

I use a weighing scale at the mall on day 2 duro15 and im down 0.5kg to 68kg. so what gives :(

2. missclaire

missclaire Member
    Registered

i went to the mall again just to use the same scale and 4 days on duro15 im down 2.5kg. I dont want to get excited because i know at that rate its only water weight. Until until it passed 5kg loss then i’ll know fat loss is finally in progress. But i must say even to lose water weight can be stressful lol

3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

the scales really really like you and don't want to upset you with higher readings =))
    no idea why it is so inaccurate... maybe you put on heavy clothes and shoes when you weigh in at the mall or at the doctor's, and at home you're wearing something light... but this suggestion also doesn't make any sense...

did you try stepping on the scale, counting to three and then watching the result?
    also, the calibration with the dumbell... did you place the dumbell on the scales or tried weighing yourself without the dumbell and then with it in your hands?
    do your scales have the reset button at the bottom? did you try pressing it? maybe change the position of your legs... I don't know... all these don;t make any sense, if you already moved the scales all over the place... may be it's the highest weight that they're designed to show =)

missclaire likes this.
  4. missclaire

missclaire Member
    Registered

Hi april thanks for this. Yeah like u suggested above ive did all that and the readings are still off. Im thinking its the contruction of my house flooring maybe? I live on a 10th floor condo lol. So weird, my condo not the contractors who built it. Maybe the cement is uneven or hollow? I dont know. So frustrating lol but thanks for your comforting words :) i appreciate.

I did the calibration by putting a 2.5kg dumbell on it. And reset it accordingly. And put the dumbelll again and it gives accurate reading (only for the dumbell) when i step up on it, there it goes again. Im 65kg. So i went to the mall to use the same scale that showed i lost 1kg after day 2 and lo and behold ive lost 2.5kg in day 4. Means 5 pounds of water hehe but im glad my weight finally shifted.

And your constant advice in here about never to go below 1100-1200cals per day WORKS TO A TEE. Bcse i follow just that diligently without any exercise at all. And years ago when i was on duro30, i went so below 700-900cals i lost 10kg but sure enough all of the weight bounced back years forward even with proper diet and exercise. So thanks for your constant support april. Uve been here years ago and ure still here helping other people. God bless your good heart :)

Sylvia likes this.
  5. Dasha

Dasha New Member
    Registered

Im about to start my journey, this may sound silly, i wont be weighing myself at all as I believe weight is just a number, the before and after photos and body measurements will be my guide, also the way clothes fit...wish me luck

missclaire likes this.
  6. missclaire

missclaire Member
    Registered

All the best to you :)