Back again...ugh.

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by myweightlossjourny, Sep 4, 2018.

1. myweightlossjourny

myweightlossjourny New Member
    Registered

So a little back story, when I was 21yo I took duromine for 3 months with the 3rd month taking it every 2nd day to wean off it. I weighed 104kgs I have a previous post on it but didn't update it after 2 weeks, I lost 27kgs and kept it off for almost 2 years.

Until today now 3 years on I've put it all back on and more (127kg) I'm so mad at myself for this because it was just pure laziness that did it. So now I start duromine again in the morning but it will end in a more permanent procedure by the end of it as I am having gastric sleeve surgery in may 2019. Doctor doesn't want me putting on any more weight until then and happy if I lost some, I'm hoping to get to at least 100kg by surgery date so i can recover quickly.

My side effect last time were minimal with thirst being the main one and little sleep the first few days im keen for the energy boost duromine gives as I work in childcare and it's starting to get tiring getting through the work week.

Stats as of 4.9.18
    Cw- 127kgs

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Welcome back and BEST OF LUCK!!!

myweightlossjourny likes this.
  3. myweightlossjourny

Registered

Thanks! First day over and have been less tired by the end of my working day, a little dry mouth but nothing too bad yet let's see how sleeping goes tonight lol

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

what about the appetite suppression?
    fingers crossed that you sleep well!

5. myweightlossjourny

Registered

Yeah it's been good, I've still eaten 3 meals today and work had chocolates for world educator day so I still ate a fair bit tbh but I wasn't hungry I just ate for the hell of it, I need to get my head straight now. I did workout after work which i never normally do because I'm exhausted by the end of the day so at this stage I'm glad I just have the energy to get through the day

April likes this.
  6. myweightlossjourny

Registered

Well its day 6 today and my symptoms over the last week have been more energy during the day which is giving me the motivation to go to gym after work for once, the dry mouth has disappeared but I drink alot of water anyway, I'm not feeling hungry anymore and that kicked in at about day 4, I'm still making a conscious effort to eat 3 meals a day but some days I've skilled dinner or just had a snack

I didn't think I would've lost any weight this week but I jumped on the scales this morning at gym and I've lost 1.5kg!! Holy shitballs lol I did measure myself at the start of the week but will do that less regularly then weighing myself maybe every 2 weeks I'm so please it's working as I've caught a cold and been feeling like crap since yesterday.

Sw: 127kg
    6 days later: 125.5kg

7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Oh wow! Congratulations on the weight loss!!!

The flu-like symptoms may come from Duromine. Usually appear at about the second-third week. If you, however, plan on taking any meds for the cold, ask the pharmacist whether they can be mixed with Duromine.

Hope you’ll get better in no time and applause for the gym after work!

8. myweightlossjourny

Registered

Thankyou! Being sick is normal for me during the winter period due to working with 2 year olds so It wasnt out of the blue for me, I didn't even think it could be the mess making it maybe worse but I'm feeling alot better today after a good sleep last night only 6-7hrs but alot better than 3 from the night before from just feeling crappy lol

April likes this.
  9. myweightlossjourny

Registered

Day 10 today and I've had a bad day eating wise, tonight I gorged myself in hot chips and gravy, I wasnt hungry and I kept telling myself dont do it, but I did anyway and now I feel like shit:( it's been a couple of hours and I still feel bloated and full.

I also got the implanon out in 3 days ago so I hope it doesn't affect anything

10. missclaire

missclaire Member
    Registered

Slow progress is still progress so well done :)
    I too have gained back all the weight i lost on duro30 4 years ago. I blame myself bcse i went extreme cutting cals on intermittent fasting and also daily cardio to burn 300cals per day. In 6 months trying to lose it all back, i havent lost anything not an inch not even water weight lol. So sad and depressing.

Now here i am again but using duro15. Still sticking with intermittent fasting but im forcing myself to eat 1100-1200 cals and stop the exercise. i hope this weight will shift by end of month.

Dont beat urself up for bingeing a day. It happens :) U have eaten some junk and sure, it will stall u a bit but moving on forward is better than regretting how far along u need to restart again. u can fix that excess cals and junk by fasting maybe? Try 20hr fasting to reset and flush the food out of ur system and start again :) all the best.

11. myweightlossjourny

Registered

Thanks, after I posted I went to the gym and I felt better and wasnt going to let 1 bad meal get the better of me now back on track with eating, i have a appointment with the dietitian on Wednesday so hopefully get some tips from them. I hope it all works out for you this time around aswell!

missclaire likes this.
  12. missclaire

missclaire Member
    Registered

Yay good to know :) yeah i hope so with mine. Thanks :)

13. myweightlossjourny

Registered

So its day 14 and thought I would post my stats
    Sw 127kg week 1 125.5kg day 14 124.1
    Loss this week 1.4kg total loss 2.9kg

Measurements
    Start of Week 1 chest 120cm
    Current chest 117cm
    Start of Week 1 waist 122cm
    Current waist 115cm
    Start of week 1 hips 137cm
    Current hips 135cm
    I didn't measure arms or legs as most of my weight is in the mid section but doing alot of weight exercising to tone those areas up.
    I'm measuring myself every 2 weeks to see more of a difference I'm quite surprised that I've lost 7cm off my waist, last week I brought clothes online a size or 2 smaller for summer this year (australia) and the shorts that I brought down 1 size already fit comfortable and the clothes I'm wearing now fit alot more comfortably yay :)