Aussie male- intro & question regarding sport & duromine

Discussion in 'Men's Corner' started by dirty_magic, Mar 9, 2013.

1. dirty_magic

dirty_magic New Member
    Registered

hello all.
    guess ill give a bit of background and results so far before i ask a couple of questions!

26 yo 188cm. been playing football for the last 5 years and was going to take a break this year until i stepped on the scales and it read 115.6kg. last september i was 104-105kg and the september before that i was 97-99. so i decided to start playing football again but felt i needed some sort of control of my eating habits and thats where my partner mentioned duromine. been on duromine 30mg for 24 days and now sitting at 107.6kg. pretty happy so far with my results. i dont goto the gym but eating reasonably healthy (a couple of meals have been takeaway i must admit) and doing plenty of cardio exercise in the way of exercise bike for 30-60mins 6 days a week and football (AFL) training twice a week, although ive only started all this over the last 24 days so i did expect a quick weight loss but now im expecting a more slow/less weight loss for the next month.

i did find out the hard way that you still have to balance your food intake, 2nd night of training i didnt eat much and what i did eat had no carbs, or very little carbs and i could barely exercise at training, had no energy at all. people say they have plenty of energy on duromine but i dont seem to. eating yogurt and muesli for breakfast or bacon and eggs is perfect for me, seems to give me plenty of energy now and ill just have some more yogurt and muesli and some fruit before training and it works well, definetly learnt you need a balanced diet.

as for the side effects i dont seem to suffer any sleeping loss at all, first night i slept for over 8 hours and more often than not ill get 7-8 hours a night. i dont feel the 'speed' effect of having excessive amounts of energy, however i do feel more alert and awake, but dont feel like i have to constantly be doing something. no mood swings but, i do sweat more than anyone could believe! my singlets are soaked after 30 mins on the bike, any contact at footy training and everyone cant believe how sweaty i am. i do usually sweat a bit during footy but not to the point where my arms and singlet are drenched, its not a bad thing but it does lead me to my question.

obviously the more im sweating the more dehydrated im becoming. with trial matches and the season started soon, im thinking about not taking duromine on game day so i dont sweat excessively and harm my performance. i do prepare myself pretty well in teams of carb loading for games (i know bad for weight loss but playing A grade footy i need to perfom) the night before and game day and hydrate. but i would like to know if anyone is in the same boat of playing high intensity/endurance competitive sport and taking duromine and be able to give me some feedback?

2. roxibutterfly

roxibutterfly New Member
    Registered

I dont play any high intensity sport like you do but on game day it might be wise to skip your duromine just for the fact that you cant be constantly drinking water while you are playing. I know if I dont have water constantly my mouth is so dry and I feel just awful. I sometimes have to skip a pill here and there for different reasons (12 hour shift at work where I am on my feet all day and cant get access to water and loo as much as I need was the latest). I still feel the effects of the duro when it comes to my eating but dont have that constant crave for water.
    I'm obviously no expert so this is just my opinion of course.
    I was just curious though about drug testing. Do you have to undergo random drug testing for your sport? I wasnt sure if Duromine would be classed as performance enhancing or if the 'narcotic' style of medication is ok or not.....
    Good luck with it all. And congrats on your weight loss so far :)

3. roxibutterfly

roxibutterfly New Member
    Registered

Oh and as for the sweating.... There is a product called driclor that you can get from the pharmacy. Revlon have a similar product around same price as well. I found it next to the driclor at my chemist. My Dr recomended the driclor for excessive sweating. I have used the revlon one and its fantastic. Its like a cream that you put under arms and it actually stops the sweating. Comes in men and women scents. Maybe look into it as an option for you....

4. dirty_magic

dirty_magic New Member
    Registered

thanks for the reply. its only amateur sport so no drug testing, but it is an interesting question. id assume even if it was picked up in a drug test, proving that its a prescribed medication i cant see why anyone would argue. neverless i decided not to take duromine before our match on sunday and i think it was a wise decision. it was 35 degrees and i would of died with the amount of sweat i discharge when i exercise, let alone in 35 degree heat. still sweated alot, but only as much as i would of expected if i had never heard of duromine. ill definetly recomend to anyone who is playing sport for 2 hours to do the same, was easy to stay hydrated and top up my fluids after the game. im pretty good with hydration, even before i started with duromine but i drink around 6 litres a day since taking duromine mainly due to the dry mouth/sore throat effect.

one side effect i forgot to mention is the headaches i get. at first i thought it was because i was pretty much cutting out caffeine. i used to drink around a litre a day of iced coffee and maybe a can or bottle of coke, more on weekends. so i assumed it was from lack of caffiene. however a month on and i still get headaches, even when ive had a pretty relaxed day of eating whatever i feel like.

oh and as for the sweating, thanks for the recommendation. im not too concerned about the excessive sweating, i drink alot of water and it makes me feel like im working harder when i sweat more ;)

just my experiences, thought id post them and maybe it might help someone out down the track!

5. roxibutterfly

roxibutterfly New Member
    Registered

For the head aches, try lavender oil on your temples. Just a little drop massaged into the skin.
    It was what I used when I tried a stupid lemon detox a few years back....
    Glad you figured out what works for you :)
    Hows the weight loss going?
    Oh and did you guys win your game on Sunday??
    Roxi

6. dirty_magic

dirty_magic New Member
    Registered

thanks for the tip, ill try that next time i head down to the chemist.

weight loss is good, down to 105.7 kg. 105 was my first goal, 2nd goal is under 100 then 95 and then 90 is my ultimate goal. hoping to get under 100 after the next month. im halfway through my 2 month subscription so if i can get under 100 id be happy. then with the eating and exercise patterns ive developed im hoping to get to 90kg by the end of the year.

and no we didnt, only a trial match so just getting the body used to contact and skills was the main focus hehe.

7. roxibutterfly

roxibutterfly New Member
    Registered

Sounds like you are on the road to reaching your goals.
    Good luck with it :) Keep up the good habits you are learning and I'm sure you will get there quicker than you think.
    I'm kind of at a stand still with my losses. Lost about 5 kilo but just yo yoing at the moment.
    I've just started up at the gym so fingers crossed that kick starts more losses for me.
    Here's hoping for a win next game :)

8. dirty_magic

dirty_magic New Member
    Registered

im sure the gym will help drop those kilo's, even if its just for cardio it will be beneficial! good luck!