Aug '12 Noob

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rosewahya, Aug 10, 2012.

1. rosewahya

rosewahya New Member
    Registered

Hey fellow durominers
    Im Em, 23. Stay at home mother of 2 from WA-Aus. Married.
    Started duromine 30mg capsules on tues 7th Aug, so i am now on day 4. had a real sneaky peak on the scales already on day 3 in the morn and was suprised to see 0.8kg gone in 2 days. Hooray!
    Start weight: 87.2kg. I am 165cm tall or short should i say. Goal weight of 57 but ill be ok with 60. So thats a loss of 30.2kg that i hope duromine will help me to acheive in a way that it will never come back!
    I want to be in a bikini this summer!
    I look forward to reading all of your journies and posts and hope to hear from some of you.
    I have a blog im doing too, thedurominediary.blogspot.com if ur interested?
    Mon is weigh in day. I actually look forward to weigh in days now.
    Ciao :)

2. Houlio

Houlio New Member
    Registered

Hi rosewahya

I too started on the 7th! And live in WA!!

I have been away from home since I started them and have not had the chance to do a weigh in yet but I can feel my clothes are not as tight now. My side effects have been a dull headache most of the time and not sleeping 100%.

It will be interesting to see how we both go.

Cheers.

3. rosewahya

rosewahya New Member
    Registered

Hi Houlio
    No way?! What r the chances??! :) nice to 'meet' u.
    R u a fifo worker and that's why u haven't been home to weigh? Prob a good thing cause Im fighting the urge to do it everyday. :/
    Now that u mention it i have also had a dull headache here and there. and now tonight for the first time i can't sleep. ggrr .
    Certainly will b interesting. i hope we both get some nice decent losses.
    Have a good onĂȘ.
    Em

4. Houlio

Houlio New Member
    Registered

Not a FIFO but work interstate and NZ in the mining industrie.

One tip I can give you,mdont miss lunch!the last two day I have not had a chance to eat lunch. I have breakfast at 4:30 and tea at around 7:00 depending on what time I can leave the office. I have found that without eating all day when I have tea and it's only a small portion I get stomach cramps for a hour or two. Tomorrow I will try my best to eat something during the day..

All the best!

Cheers.

5. rosewahya

rosewahya New Member
    Registered

Wow, thats cool. Must rack up some flyer mileage. I love flying.
    Tip taken! Havent not eaten yet. Dont wanna go into starvation mode and start storing fat!!
    I can give you a tip too, yesterday i didnt exercise and by the afternoon i was miserable and felt horrible. Never letting that happen again. Was horrid.
    Weigh in day for me tomorrow. This first week is short cause i started on the tues. When is your weigh in day? How much do you think will be gone this first week?
    I think i might crack the 2kg loss, anything more would be awesome!!!! At day 5 had lost 1.8kg.
    All the best to you too.
    Em

6. Houlio

Houlio New Member
    Registered

I'll weigh in either Wednesday night or Thursday morning, most likely Thursday. I'm unsure of how I'm going. The first few day I could tell I lost a bit but these last couple I'm not sure if I have. Perhaps the two days without lunch didn't help my cause.
    I must say, tonight I have had to fight myself, I dished up a small serve for dinner but wanted to go back for more! This is the first time I've really had to so no to myself. But at least I stopped myself and that's the main thing.

Good luck for tomorrow!

7. rosewahya

rosewahya New Member
    Registered

Cool. I look forward to hearing of ur results. How much are u hoping to lose if u dontt mind me asking?
    I too have been needing to talk myself out of eating more or something bad. Its worse at night i find. Prob cause the duromine has worn off. I guess its good mental training for when we get off the meds.
    I use the myfitnesspal app to count calories. Its real good if u wanna keep track? Hopefully will b reporting to u with good results tomoro

8. rosewahya

rosewahya New Member
    Registered

2.2kg loss. At 85 now. Woop woop.

9. Houlio

Houlio New Member
    Registered

Good stuff Em!!

:)

10. rosewahya

rosewahya New Member
    Registered

Thanks Houlio. Have you weighed in yet? How have you gone?

11. Houlio

Houlio New Member
    Registered

Yes, I'm home and finally got a chance to have a 4:6 km walk this morning and then weigh in.

My start weight was 115kg, I was 120kg but had lost the first 5kg over a months period by cutting back on a few things. The first bit is alway the easiest!

Today's weight, 110kg! So I've lost 5kg since starting Duromine, so I'm happy as! The real challenge is going to be the next few weeks but I'm sure I'll stay strong. My goal weight is 90kg but I'll be happy with under 95kg. I'm 182cm tall and 31 years old..

I'm not sure when I'll weigh in again as Monday is too soo, but I may do it then and try and keep it then each week after.

How have you been feeling? I've developed a lot of fatigue the last couple of day!

H.

12. Carls

Carls New Member
    Registered

Hey Perth friends :)) it's good to see so many locals!!
    You guys have been doing fantastic I hope I can follow those results. I'm obsessed with weighing myself so I got rid of my scales and do it at doctors every two weeks now so my first weigh in isn't till next sunday but I feel skinnier so that's enough motivation to keep me going till then.
    How are you both going?

13. curvy_princess

curvy_princess New Member
    Registered

Hey Guys,

A fellow newbie here. I got my script for Duromine 30mg yesterday, so first day of taking them is today. I'm very excited about finally working towards shifting the 15-20kgs i've put on over the last 8 months or so. My starting weight is 79.1kgs & i'm 162cm tall, so hoping to get back down to between 55-60kgs (as advised by my Doctor). Heading away to Fraser Island in a month, so really hoping to drop a few quick kgs in time for that & then just focus on realistic & steady weight loss. I have to admit it was pretty hard to hear the Doctor say to me yesterday, that I was in the obese category according to my BMI rating :( I'm only 25 wihtout kids, so I have plenty of down time to dedicate to exercise and focusing on losing this weight :) Also, once I reach my goal weight & maintain it for a couple of months, my partner & I would like to try for another baby, as I miscarried my first at 12wks this time last year. Looking forward to hearing everyone's progress & success stories x

14. Houlio

Houlio New Member
    Registered

Hi all, I've been going great. This has given me the motivation to change my ways! I've been walking / running approimatly 30km a week, eating very healthy with the odd bad bit here and there. I weight myself this morning and have dropped to 102 kg! Visiting my doctor this Friday and see what she thinks. I know I can maintain this now as I'm unable to over eat now without feeling sore and sick. My wife is also changing her ways and together we are helping each other stay strong and enjoying the extra energy we have with the kids.

I hope every one else is doing well too!

Cheers.