Anyone else find they don't want to tell people they're on Duromine?

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by durodani93, Aug 22, 2014.

1. durodani93

durodani93 Member
    Registered

I'm keeping it a secret from my housemates, friends and family! Only person that knows (and is sworn to secrecy!) is my mum because she knows what's is like to struggle with your weight & hate yourself. She won't judge!
    Anyone else? What's your reasons?

Daylan and Melmo like this.
  2. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

I have told nobody, I don't want to be lectured on the side effects or be told I am cheating by not losing it naturally.

3. KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise Well-Known Member
    Registered

I didn't plan on telling anyone other than a friend who is also taking it. I felt bad keeping something from my partner so I told him that night. I have been open about it with my family but they don't say anything. My sister has now started taking it as well. She has been losing weight slowly for the last 2 years however has hit a bit of a slump so she decided to try it.

But I haven't told anyone else.

Melmo likes this.
  4. JoanneN

JoanneN New Member
    Registered

I have only told my parents and sister and my boyfriend.. my boyfriend is completely supportive, my parents and sister in general are supportive but when it comes to the side effects they cant take it lol! Other than that not telling anyone! Its personal and too many people judge, the less they know, the less they have to talk about you.

Daylan, durodani93 and Melmo like this.
  5. tarme

tarme Active Member
    Registered

I only told my husband and mother in law they are supportive. Waiting now for people to notice. I don't want to let myself down and others.

durodani93 and Melmo like this.
  6. Meangirl

Meangirl New Member
    Registered

i told no one.... LOL.. my husband would freak.

Danzasocean likes this.
  7. Anka

Anka New Member
    Registered

I haven't told anyone either apart from my husband. I took duromine several years ago and was pretty open about it. A lot of people were very judgemental though and made me feel like I was taking an easy way to lose weight which we all know is sooo not the case. That's why only my hubby knows and he's been very supportive keeping me on track.

Daylan likes this.
  8. Danzasocean

Danzasocean New Member
    Registered

I haven't told a soul. Just people in this forum and my doctor knows. I don't want to be judged, pressured or sabotaged.

Daylan likes this.
  9. Daylan

Daylan New Member
    Registered

I too, havent told anyone except my 2 best mates (we are all ex-Navy so we know about weight struggles). Lucky they are really supportive, and not a little jealous that my GP prescribed them to me. I think they are seeing if it works on me before they ask for it.

If i told anyone else, id be judged too harshly from my family and get alot of offers to clean everyones house.

Personally, after some experiences, i think weight loss is a private journey to be shared among those you really trust, in order to spare from insensitive and judgemental people that may not understand how difficult it can be. Duromine for many of us is the last resort before surgery (in my case and a few others ive read).

...btw, i have an annoying slim friend that thinks everything is simple as "calories in vs calories out", and i think it is best to let her exist in her fantasy world.

Love and cuddles to everyone!!