Anybody on anti depressants

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Em84, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Em84

Em84 New Member
    Registered

Hi I wrote the other day but got no reply, I have been prescribed to take pristiq 50 and am currently on duriomine 30.
    Is anybody else on pristiq and do you take it at the same time in morning any side affects

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Em84

Although I am no antidepressant user, I read about interactions of Duromine and antideps. Better to ask your GP of course. If you have no chance to meet your doc soon, then try using the pills as prescribed but monitor your state carefully. You can always stop taking the pills if you notice some side effects. Please read THIS

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. IWantToBeHappy

IWantToBeHappy Active Member
    Registered

Did the dr who prescribed you the anti-depressant also prescribe (or know you are taking) the Duromine? If yes, then simply ring up the clinic and ask the questions you posted on this forum. They will be happy to answer.

But if you got the duromine without a prescription (the black market) then (with all due respect) you are foolish/naive to rely on non-professional medical advice from this forum for such a potentionally serious drug altercation.

I hope you are safe and are putting your health first.

All the best xx

Kate likes this.
  4. Em84

Em84 New Member
    Registered

Lol definitely not from the black market
    I actually bought it at the chemist with my prescription
    Thanks for the advice though

5. hailey

hailey New Member
    Registered

im on antidepressants and duromine and its been fine. i take the duromine early mornings and antidepressants in the evening. haven't had any issues. both from the same dr

6. Madaselle

Madaselle Member
    Staff Member Registered

Im in the same boat as Hailey - I was concerned that I'd be bouncing off the walls - but I take Duromine at about 6am and antidepressant at about 9pm and don't have any issues.

7. Lisamk72

Lisamk72 Member
    Registered

I had to stop my anti depressants as was getting awful side effects. Def hard not taking them for the last 6 weeks. And fairly disappointed in weight progress started at 108, now only 102 aND seem to be sitting there so have increased to 60mg the last 3 days which eliviates my hunger. What journey .

8. Madaselle

Madaselle Member
    Staff Member Registered

Whats happening with your diet Lisam? could that be the issue?

9. Meljp

Meljp New Member
    Registered

I'm in the same boat, pristiq has be bang on same time every day other wise massive side effects. Duramine on third day and have endless energy. Not like a buzz but just do t feel like a nap at 3pm and forgot to have my standard 3 coffee's a day. So love it! I dont want to go off anytime soon that's for sure

10. Amhurst

Amhurst New Member
    Registered

I take pristiq 100mg and I've just started on Duromine. I haven't had many side affects yet. But I'm still in the first week.

11. Shans5000

Shans5000 New Member
    Registered

Hi - I take the same amounts and everything is fine. What I have found is if I don’t Take Duromine I feel down the next day. I did t take it for 4 days while I needed my script renewed and I was in a dark place. I’m worried about coming off it and I’m not sure how to. Doc is suggesting I may have adhd like my son and therefore should switch to a med for that and stop antidepressant, when I stop Duromine in a few weeks.

12. Shans5000

Shans5000 New Member
    Registered

Sorry I take 30mg Duromine and 50mg Pristiq.

• About Us

Duromineforum.com was created in 2009. Since then many people have found followers and new friends thanks to this forum. In addition, they all got a strong motivation and support. Starting from 2013, the forum achieves a new level - mini social network for people, who want to lose weight, blogs for losing weight people, weight loss before & after pictures, diet issues, etc.
  • Like us on Facebook