Any others newbies?

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by sarahjayneqld, Oct 18, 2013.

1. sarahjayneqld

sarahjayneqld New Member
    Registered

Wow, first day nearly over and what an eye opener it was. I'm on the middle dose (30mg) and wasn't sure what to expect. I ended up eating some fruit and nuts over the course of the day compared to normal over eating cycle. Not hungry but will ensure I eat some dinner. I'm interested to know if anyone has also experienced loss of cravings. I am a choc addict and whether this craving will also disappear and/or diminish!

JennyGordonii likes this.
  2. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

Oh believe me it will go :) I could polish over a block or two of top deck easy in a sitting :-( but now I can buy it as a dessert for my boys, have it in the house and not touch it. Also they say if your craving chocolate you may be lacking magnesium.

sarahjayneqld likes this.
  3. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

I think the majority of Duromine users experience loss cravings as well as not feeling hungry as it is used as a suppressant (and a stimulant). I used to drink at least 1 iced coffee or fizzy drink a day, if not two! and now I don't want them. I don't want sugary things either. So i'm hoping over the next 3 months I can kick the cravings for sugar all together! So that when I come off the Duromine i'm not slipping into old habbits.

4. sarahjayneqld

sarahjayneqld New Member
    Registered

Good to know! I am a real 'eat treat in front of tv at night' person and last night sipped soda water and that's it! I am hoping that taking duromine gives me time to break old habits and start new habits! Currently awake at 3am - I hope I adjust and can sleep more

5. Em84

Em84 New Member
    Registered

Yes Definately takes the cravings away I was addicted to coke and chocolate milks, I would drink heaps of coke a day, I'm two weeks on to duromine today and can say I haven't touched either and feel heaps better for it

6. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

It Takes 21 Days to break a habit so you are well on your way to breaking those chololate n coke habbits :)

sarahjayneqld likes this.
  7. sarahjayneqld

sarahjayneqld New Member
    Registered

I think I'm also going to stop looking up Duromine on google. There are some very off-putting 'stories' out there.

Jolliest85 and Belinda like this.
  8. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

A lot of tue stories you find on google are false. Or over exadurated. Just judge by your own experience :)

Kate likes this.
  9. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

True

10. sarahjayneqld

sarahjayneqld New Member
    Registered

Does anyone know if the weight loss I'm experiencing is solely due to calorie intake or if the duromine also affects my metabolism ie speeds up metabolism and therefore I'm burning my calories at a higher rate. Thanks!

11. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

I'm new. I started yesterday. I too read the stories and was a bit concerned. But I'll take it one day at a time.

Debby and sarahjayneqld like this.
  12. Jolliest85

Jolliest85 New Member
    Registered

Hi, I am new. Currently on day 3. What is an average weight loss for 3 months on duromine? Any ideas?

13. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Jolliest85!
    It actually depends on the person, you never know how the drug works in your body. Some people lose nothing, others lose a kilo per month, other two...and so on. However there few factors that help to increase these numbers. For example, if you only take the pills and expect the will work alone, you may not lose a kilo, because you keep consuming the same amount of calories. Or, let's say you eat healthy, take the pills but have no movement, no exercises at all. In this case your weight loss can be minimal as well. Like I said - depends.
    ps. It's up to you what diet plan you want to stick to. If your willpower is strong enough and you are confident, you have support at home, you can achieve really amazing results!

14. Pri

Pri New Member
    Registered

hello, today is day 1 on 15mg. really inspiring and informative this site is.

serene123 likes this.