Any helpful advice welcome

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by leisa, Nov 14, 2012.

1. leisa

leisa New Member
    Registered

Hi my name is Leisa.
    I am 47 most of my life I have been 55-58kg at that weight I feel healthy and donot look too thin. Over the last six years be it from a hyterectomy and hormone tablets I cannot lose weight no matter what I do have tried starvation, liquid diet, atkins u name it. I deat moderately mainly vege and salads little meat. only sugar is in my coffee. Walk the dog 6 klms every second day and work physically during the day for my job. I am to a point of not wanting to go out as I am now 78kg and am heavier than when I was pregnant. After reading some blogs on this sight I have thought Duromine might be my answer. Iam only 5ft 4inch. Not sure if I am considered overweight and if the doctor would even listen to my pleas for help. My husband not meaning to be mean asked me the other day when the triplet were due. Desperate to shed my weight and get back to normal.

Any help appreciated. Not sure of what mg of duromine to ask for.

2. Razza

Razza New Member
    Registered

Hi Leisa
    My advice would be go to your doctor and discuss with them going on Duromine. Some doctors are dead against it, whilst others have no hesitation in perscribing it. After reading this forum for a while now, I must admit I am absolutely stunned that some doctors to perscribe duromine with how much they weigh. If your doctor is thorough he will check your blood pressure, will take your weight and measurements, and discuss your previous medical history, if there is any heart problems I would definately not advise you to go on it. With you not being that much overweight and you having not tried Duromine I would ask for a one month script only of 15mg, just to see how you go. You may only need to go on it for one month to kick start your weight loss, however with what I am reading you sound like you are doing everything right, again speak to your doctor about this, there could be an underlining issue you could have, such as an underactive thyroid. Lets us know how you go, good luck:)

3. leisa

leisa New Member
    Registered

Thanks Razza,
    I have made an appointment with my doctor unfortunately it is not for two weeks but will keep it posted as to how it goes. She is normally very good with things. She is the only doctor with my migraines that will prescribe endone when they are severe. So here is hoping.

4. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

Leisa how are you going? Did you get the script?

5. Gethealthy

Gethealthy New Member
    Registered

I was 80kg and 5foot7 and I had no problems. I was just very upfront when I walked in that I was unhappy with my weight and wanted to do something about it....said I wanted phentermine to kickstart me but also have healthier meal patterns and well I work in a ski resort all winter so there is a lot of exercise just getting from a to b. I would like to be about 62kg as I do look too thin in the 50's. I'm always either overweight or underweight! so hard to strike a balance (like a yoyo) ....determined this time!

6. Moo

Moo New Member
    Registered

good luck ! I hope you've managed to maintain your weight?