Another Newbie ;-)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MrsRod, Aug 10, 2012.

1. MrsRod

MrsRod New Member
    Registered

Hello all,

I too have started today taking 30mg Duromine. My mother and sister have both taken it will wonderful results. I have started following the Abs diet (found on the internet - 3 weeks menu given) and love the fact that all meals are quick and easy and most of them very pleasant. 10 years ago by weight was always in the low 50kgs ( 52kg - 54kg // 1.67m) and over the years the weight gradually packed on and I was in complete denial. I have never been sporty and not one to gym and as a result of enjoying the good life reached the horrifying weight of 93.2kg. Started following the meal plan since Monday and to date have lost 2kgs. Only been in the gym once and then the horrid flu has hit me and my chest so exercise taking a back seat for now.

So to help me on this journey I am also taking Duromine. My goal (maybe a bit unrealistic) but I would LOVE to loose 34kg by my birthday next year July. 1kg for each each year of my age !! ;)

Looking forward to making new friends and achieving healthy weight goals.

Wishing you all a super weekend.

2. MrsRod

MrsRod New Member
    Registered

Day 3 on Duromine / Day 6 of Diet Plan

SW: 93.2kg
    CW: 90.1kg
    Lost: 3.1 kg (6 days = 500g/day)

Feeling good and excited to be leaving the 90kgs zone soon. Have been experiencing the dry mouth which isn't too bad and helps encourage water intake. Had my first night of restless sleep last night. I was exhausted but just could not fall asleep and woke up a number of time during the evening. Does anyone know how long this side effect lasts ??

Hoping to clear up my flu/sinus and hit the gym next week and with some luck hopefully I will hit the 85/86kg mark at the end of next week !!!

Wishing you all the very best on our weight loss journey and would love to hear what all you are doing to drop these extra kgs x

3. MrsRod

MrsRod New Member
    Registered

Day 6 on Duromine / Day 10 of Eating Plan

SW: 90.1 kg (End of Week 1)
    CW: 90.3 kg
    Gain: 300g

I am becoming incredibly despondent. Monday morning I weighed 90kg, Tuesday morning 90kg and this morning I am 90.3kg. I have not cheated once on my meals plan, have only been drinking water and yesterday did 20mins Cardio, resistance training for 20min followed by a visit to the steam room. How can it be that I am not losing weight, eating the healthiest I have ever eaten and even started exercising ??? Everyone else on Duromine has reported fab results but ever since I started taking them my weight loss came to a sudden stop ????

I know I should not weigh everyday but thats me...compulsive. I just pray that whatever is stopping my weight loss will work itself out and that I can continue this journey to a healthier and slimmer me. :-(

Side effects: Dry mouth and 4 days of constipation.

4. ash2810

ash2810 New Member
    Registered

Hi there,
    It's day 17 for me. I was just thinking the same about everybodies success stories and was questioning my progress on duromine. As I have read alot of times now through other peoples comments and encouragements is "we are all different and will progress differently" In the long term you are giving your body a great start eating and living healthier and that's what I keep telling myself. I know that's easily said then done but if you can say you ate healthy and was active for 30 minutes a day that's improving your thinking on life long term.
    I hope you don't mind me adding my stats here but thought why not share in our experience together and we could motivate each other on our journeys with duromine and life in general.
    I'm 28, mother of 2 (4yrs, 8mnths), Stay home mother
    31-07-2012 SW: 83kgs
    16-08-2012 CW: 78kgs
    Total Loss: 5kgs
    GOAL WEIGHT: 63kgs

5. MrsRod

MrsRod New Member
    Registered

Hello Ash2810,

Thank you for sharing. This forum did appear very quiet at a stage and I believe like yourself the more we share the more we can see we are not alone. Sharing the great weight loss stats and the times when it might not go as great. Fortunately I lost the 300g gain of Wednesday morning's weigh in. I know I should not weigh but all this is so new to me that I want to see what increases my weight and if I can pin point it to learn for the future. And I also agree no matter what the scale says for the current time at least we are all taking the steps to improving ourselves.

Congrats on your 2 children and I am sure with them being so young they have you running up and down burning calories without even thinking about it ! :D

Also a big congrats on your weight loss. I am still praying to move into the 80kg's zone this week and hoping the gymming will help but like Tracey said...slow and steady wins the race. I am just not a very patient person at all ! ;)

Looking forward to reading your updates and sharing our progress.

Wishing you a wonderful day.

6. MrsRod

MrsRod New Member
    Registered

Hello Ash2810,

Thank you for sharing. This forum did appear very quiet at a stage and I believe like yourself the more we share the more we can see we are not alone. Sharing the great weight loss stats and the times when it might not go as great. Fortunately I lost the 300g gain of Wednesday morning's weigh in. I know I should not weigh but all this is so new to me that I want to see what increases my weight and if I can pin point it to learn for the future. And I also agree no matter what the scale says for the current time at least we are all taking the steps to improving ourselves.

Congrats on your 2 children and I am sure with them being so young they have you running up and down burning calories without even thinking about it ! :D

Also a big congrats on your weight loss. I am still praying to move into the 80kg's zone this week and hoping the gymming will help but like Tracey said...slow and steady wins the race. I am just not a very patient person at all ! ;)

Looking forward to reading your updates and sharing our progress.

Wishing you a wonderful day.

PS: I am 34 years old and involuntary childless.