Another Newbie! :)

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Kirsty87, May 31, 2012.

1. Kirsty87

Kirsty87 New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone,

I went to the doctors today and got some Duromine 30mg. I have also started at the gym a few weeks ago and have also started eating healthy and calorie counting to make sure I don't eat more than I should.

I would obviously like to train myself with what I can and cannot eat.

Starting weight - 111kgs
    Height - 180cm
    BMI is currently sitting at 34!!
    Massive for a 24 year old!

Ultimately I would love to get down to between 75-80kgs with my healthy eating, exercise and with a little help from duromine. I will start taking it tomorrow morning and see how we go. Tomorrow is also weigh in day so I will see what I have lost from just going to the gym!

I'm hoping that by talking to people on here and reading other stories that I will keep motivated!

Good luck for everyone else!! :)

2. Kini

Kini New Member
    Registered

Hi Kirsty87,
    Good luck for tomorrow, I advise you take your pill early in the morning to avoid the insomnia side effects and drink lots of water.
    Kini :)

3. Kirsty87

Kirsty87 New Member
    Registered

Thanks Kini! It's just after 6am here and I've just taken it. I've heard it takes about 2 hours for people to start noticing the affects... Which works out perfect cos I goto the gym at 8am.

I weighed myself last night and I had lost only 1kg but I guess a loss is better than a gain!

I was just reading your post, I also suffer with PCOS do I'm assuming weight loss will probably be harder.. And I have a lot to lose :/ but it's time to get healthy again, for me and my kids!!

Good luck on your adventure too!!

4. BigLoss

BigLoss New Member
    Registered

Good Morning Kirsty,

Firstly I would like to say congratualtions for taking the huuuge step to weight loss. I myself have taken my first tablet 30mg. I am also eating Lite n Easy so that I have the dinners there for me and reall have no excuse. I do have a slight head ache but I am also due for my period thought maybe it might be that. I would like to ideally get to 75kg, i started lite and easy a few months ago and went from 103kg to 96kg ( weighed at doc yesterday).

Good luck darling and keep me posted on how you are feeling! xx

5. Kirsty87

Kirsty87 New Member
    Registered

Hi BigLoss :)

Congratulations to you too! That's a massive achievement from your light and easy dinners! I got weighed at the docs yesterday also and his scales said 106 but I think they are off! Lol.. Because using my parents I was at 110. I hope the Duromine works for you also!

I'm not feeling anything yet except a lump in my throat but I think that's because I've had the tablet. Who knows.. Lol... I'm waiting to feel different... Hopefully I notice something soon. I was quiet apprehensive about taking these tablets due to all the side affects that people have, but I was reading some comment and a lady reckons that everyone has different side affects because everyone is different! Just because one person had something bad happen doesn't mean you will... Which is totally true! So I can only hope for the best for my self and all of you out there :)

I will definitely keep you updated on my progress! Can't wait for next weeks weigh in haha

6. BigLoss

BigLoss New Member
    Registered

Thank you- but still such a long way to go! I took a panadol and feel fine I think about of it is mind over matter and ive read so much that I think I am feeling every side affect lol.

Have a great day xx

7. Kirsty87

Kirsty87 New Member
    Registered

I'm glad you feel fine after taking a Panadol :)

I've just come back from the gym! I don't know whether I pushed myself today or if its starting to give me more energy because I went HARD! I never run on the treadmill and I did lots of it today and burnt heaps of calories! Woo! Haha..

Still have a lump in my throat tho! Took my measurements aswell! Because I hear cms mean more than Kgs!

Bust - 47 inch
    Waist - 41 inch
    Hip - 48 inch

Let's see those numbers drop!!!

8. Kirsty87

Kirsty87 New Member
    Registered

Starting to feel the affects of it... I'm buzzing.. Not sure if it's a good or bad feeling, have shallow breath, a little tingly once In a while.. Nothing I can't deal with!

9. BigLoss

BigLoss New Member
    Registered

Well done on the tready!! I have alot of energy but cant burn enough as I am at work. I need to let some out lol. I will see how I go on the treadmill to night, but my body cant keep up with me, am i making sense?

10. Kirsty87

Kirsty87 New Member
    Registered

Thank you! I guess it's a bit easier for me as I'm a stay at home mum. So as long as I have someone to watch the kids I can exercise at any time.

Good luck on the treadmill tonight. Not sure what you mean about your body not being able to keep up? Lol

11. BigLoss

BigLoss New Member
    Registered

Well I got home and have set up a room for my tready, so I will go on it tomorrow as been busy witht he kiddes, but going to get up early ( if i sleep) and jump on. Iam so excited for this :)

I was sooo "pinging" today I was buzzing, my heart was racing thats what I mean by my body not being able to keep up lol.

I ate tea, but do feel off now i have a slight headache. I dunno, I feel 'odd'

12. Kini

Kini New Member
    Registered

Thanks Kirsty!
    Yeah PCOS does make it harder but I really believe we can do it!!!! Yay for us :)

13. Kirsty87

Kirsty87 New Member
    Registered

Oh my.... What a sleep!!!! Hot, cold, hot, cold! Some seriously weird dreams! Went to bed at 9pm feeling tired, yawning etc. wake at 10, 10:30, 11, awake from 12 till 2:30, then slept till 4 and then back to sleep again till 6!

Reminds me of having a new born baby haha! Nothing I can't handle.. That's been my life the last 3 years anyway!

I too felt odd last night.. With a bit of a slight headache... Not sure why... Nothing on how I feel this morning tho lol!

How was your night ladies??

Good luck with your exercise this morning BigLoss! :) YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

And Kini!! OF COURSE WE CAN! Can't wait to read about your loss too! :)

14. BigLoss

BigLoss New Member
    Registered

Morning Girls,

I had a ok sleep, It was a really light sleep all night waking a few times but being able to go back to sleep. I was up at 6am had my lite n easy breaky and my tablet by 8 I roaring and ready to go, I have not stopped since. Completed a hour on the tredmill and ACED it!! feel like I can do more. I dont feel ill today at all, should this be right? I feel if I have no side affects its not working..?

How have you been feelingKini??

So good to be able to jump on and tell my story to you girls and I love hearing yours too. I tell my partner but he doesnt reslly understand!!

Keep it up girls xx

15. Kirsty87

Kirsty87 New Member
    Registered

Hi ladies,

Oh what a day!!! Finally able to sit down, but I feel back as I'm ignoring my guests but spend most of the Arvo in emergency with my youngest. Boys hey!

I have barely eaten anything today but I haven't been hungry... I should probably get up and have something now tho... I haven't really had too much of an issue with the duromine today. I was buzzing earlier, really alert.. But other than that I'm fine. Hopefully I can sleep tonight... But I'm havin to sleep in the same room as my youngest so maybe sleep wont happen!!

Well done on the exercise this mornin BigLoss! Makes you feel pretty good knowing you did so well hey :) I like being able to share my story too... My partner is much the same lol... Meh what ever!

I weighed myself this morning to see what was happening and I was at 108! I hope it is really that haha..

Anyways! Goodnight ladies :)

16. BigLoss

BigLoss New Member
    Registered

Morning Hun,

Everything ok with the boys?? I myself have a four year old boy, he makes up for about 12 kids i think lol. But atleast now I am the one tireing him out!!

I have been sleeping fine, Wake every hour but thats it... is that normal?? I was very buzzy yesterday, 1 hr treadmill, small circuit, washed both cars, cleaned my whole house ( i have a 5 bed, study, 3 lounge room, 2 bathroom house lol and went 4wding with the boys... and I coulda kept going!

I have promised myself to not get on the scales until i go to the docs in 3 weeks. my scales and his scales are nearl 5kgs out..

Are you girls really thirsty??

Hope you girls have a great day.

17. Kirsty87

Kirsty87 New Member
    Registered

Morning :)

Yeah he is ok. Fell off the slide and pushed his teeth right through his lip and out the other side.. Lots and lots ad LOTS of blood! Poor little man was soooo out of it :( I freaked out.. Rushed him to the hospital... I think he may have either lost a tooth or pretty much knocked it out but he won't let me near his mouth to check.

Oh a 4 year old! Awesome :) they are hard wrk hey! Haha... I have a 3 year old and 18 month old.. Those two together are TROUBLE!

Anyways back to the weight loss! You seem to be buzzing! Haha.. I was sooo alert yesterday also but not as much energy as you! Sounds like you had a very busy day! I also cleaned my house, mowed the lawn, started cleaning all the kids toys and then had to abruptly stop lol...

3 weeks and no weighing myself would probably torture me! Why not do it once a week?? And I am sooooo thirsty it's not funny!! I can't get enough water! I don't like it but it's the only thing that some what quenches my thirst!

I think I'm going to go for a run later if the little man lets me :)

18. BigLoss

BigLoss New Member
    Registered

Poor little fella!! Nothing worse than seeing lots of blood, sometimes looks worse than what it is!!

We live in a country area so my little man is always up to no good lol. He has a 13 yr old aunty that he just loves and spends nearly every waking moment with her!! its pretty adorable. He loves motorbieks so when him and his father have the bikes on the back of the ute, i know not to go lol.. he tells me " mum it will be ok, ill only go fast a few times" lol..

Yeah I was buzzing once i went for my hr tready jog I was ready to go! Its just the sleep, I am sleeping ok and it worries me!!

I have measured myself and weighed and took before photos, I want to do it weekly but my scales are so out ill be disheartened!!

I am also very thristy, i HATE HATE HATE!! water everytime I take a drink my whole body shakes lol.. But I have to do it dont I.

How many meals are you eating a day?

19. Kirsty87

Kirsty87 New Member
    Registered

Haha how cute! Boys will be boys!! My eldest is learning to ride also! Such a cutie!!

I'd count yourself lucky with the whole no sleep thing! Lol... I only wish I could get back to sleep and not sit up for hours! It's almost 7:30 here and everyone is asleep and I've been up since 5! :( lol..

I'm only eating 3 main meals and usually a snack on either a yoghurt or some fruit in between... What about you? Water isn't very tasty is it! But we want to get healthy so water it must be!

20. Kristy

Kristy New Member
    Registered

How much water are you drinking per day?