Another newbie...

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by LiisaJ, Jul 23, 2014.

1. LiisaJ

LiisaJ New Member
    Registered

Hey guys and girls :)
    I am 19, I'm in my second year out of school and I don't really have a stable schedule.
    Since 2012 I have gained about 20kg according to doctors records which has completely devastated me every time there is a significant backwards change.
    Today I was introduced to the word 'duromine' followed by the words 'legal speed'. I couldn't believe my doctor just suggested I take speed.... Like am i going to feel like im on drugs?
    She basically said I need to be able to exercise and sweat for at least 20 minutes a day and no junk food or alcohol...
    I'm just really not sure if this is something I want to do or what sort of questions to ask? I'm so glad this forum is here!
    Should I tell people? like my parents and friends? It's not that I want to keep it a secret, I just usually work better on my own.
    Also I'm pretty worried about getting loose skin? Im fairly strong so doing some toning exercises is no problem.... I have a lot of stretch marks from sudden gains :( but I don't think I could deal with loose skin... Has anyone experienced this?
    Height: 171
    SW/CW: 110
    GW (Long term): 65

Smick likes this.
  2. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

There is no speed in duromine. Phentermine is related to the amphetamine class of drugs, but its not an amphetamine. Trust me, you'd know it if you were on speed, and you would lose more than just weight. So your doctor sounds like abit of a quack, imho.
    You are still youngish, so if you exercise while you lose weight, you might not have too much loose skin. Of course, some damage done, like stretch marks, cant be fixed and may become more visible, so use a good moisturiser all the time and it will help.

Its up to you if you want to tell others. Keep in mind that not everyone understands what duromine really is and have alot of misconceptions about it, so you may want to save yourself some grief and just keep it to yourself for a while, up to you.

Best of luck.

Smick, Audrey3 and LiisaJ like this.
  3. Smick

Smick Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi LiisaJ
    Lovecat is right. Have a read through the forum and the blogs.
    I can only speak of my own experience. The first week I felt a little different. Not a major buzz. Just a little spacy. It is also difficult for many to sleep but I never felt tired. I was quite alert and energized.
    All you can do is get as much info as possible and make a decision you think is right for you.
    I have found that some people are supportive and others quite judgemental if I tell them I am on Duromine. I now choose carefully who I tell. I tell them I am losing weight with the supervision of my doctor. My family and closest friends all know. You need the support of those closest to you.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Sharon

Kyles likes this.