Another newbie :)

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Toni, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Toni

Toni New Member
    Registered

Hi there! I'm thinking of taking duromine again but I'm terrified of the side effects!! I'm 24 with 2 beautiful daughters but am in the obese category weighing 74kg.. Last time I took duromine (a few months ago) I took it for the first 5 days and kept having panic attacks thinking 'what if I have a heart attack from these heart palpitations' mind you I had no chest pains ect! I really need to shift this weight and have been eating healthy and exercising but the numbers seem to be stuck!! I have the rest of the box from a few months back and maybe with some support and others experiences I might have a better go this time and not get so worked up!! Any tips to minimize side effects? And is it ok to go to the gym and have a good workout while taking duromine? Is there danger with increasing my heart rate on it?? Thanks in advance :) :)

2. Tash

Tash Member
    Registered

I've been taking them for a week now and I just make sure to have them early in the morning. You just need to remember to eat or your body will go into starvation mode and also drink lots of water. However they are more effective in people who are more overweight then you are and you might not benefit from them as much. I am using them to get to your weight lol I am 100 kilos and even I am finding that they are kinda ineffective.

Its also all about mind over matter if you think they are going to make you sick then they probably will. Be positive and maybe try something like personal training. I go to the gym 6 days a week and have only been feeling unwell because I haven't eaten a big enough breakfast. So make sure you eat a biggish meal at least an hour before you train. And if you want to count calories dont have any less then 900 a day because it is bad for you.

Kate likes this.
  3. Toni

Toni New Member
    Registered

Thanks Tash! I've had them before, I was 100kg after each of my kids so I'm slowly getting there although its not anywhere near my usual 50kg but ill be happy at 60kg!! The last time I took them I was successful with 3 and a half weeks before I needed a decent night sleep but I lost 5kg which was excellent since then I've only lost not even 1kg which is why I wanna kick start again :) I stick to no less than 1200cal per day.. I've tried all the stupid calorie restrictive diets ect and it gets you no where!! I've just taken over my partners gym membership and will go 5-6 nights a week plus walking during the day.. I don't mind the lack of sleep, dry mouth ect but the heart palpitations scare me lol..

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Toni!

Tash says good things, I agree with her:)
    If you attend gym you definitely need to eat enough about an hour or better 1.5h before each training.
    Add more proteins and less carbs in the evening, but in the morning there is place for carbs, because they are energy - and energy you need for feeling good. Remember: diet is not torturing for your body, but healthy eating. Boiled, steamed and fresh foods (no fries and unhealthy sauces, mayo, ketchup, chocolate etc. from the store).

As for the side effects - try to take the pill early in the morning with full glass of water, but better a low fat yogurt before it

Good luck!:D

5. Toni

Toni New Member
    Registered

So far so good :) end of day 2 with minimal side effects!! Had a slight headache yesterday but I think it's just from clenching my jaw, no biggie! At the end of day 2 I've lost 2kg so far.. Would just be water weight but certainly gives you the motivation to keep it up!! Lots of healthy foods and exercise in the last 2 days and I feel great!! Lets see what the next few weeks brings :)

Kate likes this.
  6. JulzRulz

JulzRulz New Member
    Registered

Great to hear that you are having minimal side effects :) I sure hope it stays that way for you!

Any motivation is good motivation, keep it up!