Another chance

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Crazydoglady, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Crazydoglady

Crazydoglady New Member
    Registered

In 2014 I started duromine 40mg and went great for the first week lost around 4kgs but then I had an arthritis flare up and used it as an excuse to stop! After a few years of trying to get the meds right for my psoriatic arthritis that effect most of my body, I've become bigger than I've ever been before!

But now I'm back to take on this challenge with a great motivation..... I get married in 60 days! I'm also hoping that now the arthritis is under control I can start exercising without being in pain and start to work on some strengthening exercises.

My biggest struggle will be shift work. I work 12.5 hours shifts doings days and nights so finding the right time to take my tablet so I can sleep will be a challenge. Any advice from shift workers out there?

I'm coming to the end of day 2 as I write this and haven't seemed to have had any side effects (touch wood). I do feel abnormally hot after I've finished eating though but not sure if that's a side effect or that it's 40 degrees outside! Lol.

SW 110KG
    Height 161cms
    Mini goal 105kg
    GW 75kgs

Rava and Bam Bam like this.
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello Crazydoglady! I wish you all the luck on your way and hope that you will enjoy your reflection on your wedding day, no matter how everything goes with Duromine!

As for the dosing schedule... you need to take Duromine carefully, when alternating day and night shifts to avoid overdosage. The dose is high, and overdosing is quite possible. Make sure that you don't take more than 1 pill in a 24-hour period, ok? it's better if you have a longer pause than shorter. Take notes when you take D, and adjust the use according to the notes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Rava and Dre like this.
  3. Crazydoglady

Crazydoglady New Member
    Registered

Thanks April. I actually didn’t take the tablet on my sleep day inbetween the 2 shifts.

Week 1 update...

4kg down!!!!!!

I do get hunger pangs ever now and then but I’m finding myself craving vegetables so eating plenty of them. Haven’t been calorie counting this week... I kept loosing track! Will try harder this week!! I have noticed that I’m not craving sweets for dessert after eating, and don’t complete a full meal as I’m full half way through!

I’m used to having a dry mouth from other medication I take and I’m trying hard with water but I’ve always struggled to drink enough fluids my entire life! Yep I’m that person that has half drunk bottles and glasses everywhere! I’ve now set an alarm to remind me to drink a bottle of water every 2hours, hopefully I can get better!

I’m loving the energy I’ve had this last week and have walked more that I normally would!

SW 110kgs
    CW 106kg
    Weight loss 4kgs
    Mini Goal 105kgs
    GW 75kgs

Rava and April like this.
  4. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

Wow @Crazydoglady you are doing fantastic!

Congrats on your 4kg drop!!

• About Us

Duromineforum.com was created in 2009. Since then many people have found followers and new friends thanks to this forum. In addition, they all got a strong motivation and support. Starting from 2013, the forum achieves a new level - mini social network for people, who want to lose weight, blogs for losing weight people, weight loss before & after pictures, diet issues, etc.
  • Like us on Facebook