And so it starts

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MzJaxon82, Mar 20, 2017.

1. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone. Today is day one

Age 35
    Height 5'8
    Weight 133.1kgs

I have been sitting on my prescription for the last 3 weeks as I was really hesitant but decided to just bite the bullet and start. I'm going to be weighing weekly

Breakfast porridge skim milk and banana
    No snack wasn't really hungry so I had a green tea
    Lunch chicken broccoli half a kumara (sweet potatoes)
    Snack pear and another green tea
    Dinner chicken stir fry

Felt thirsty most of the day so I went thru 3 litres of water. Dull headache but I think that was from going to bed late and was a little queasy. All up good first day.

Gym tomorrow morning Body hurts already thinking of it

Question if I'm not hungry at snack time, should I still eat something?

All advice appreciated

Bring on day two

Nikkiscassa and Mission_75 like this.
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Mzjaxon! Happy to see you have a thread and congrats on getting into the first day of your Duromine journey! I just love your eating choices! All the good things at the right time! And gym! =)) don’t work too hard and let your body “not die” after the first workout, otherwise you might skip the next one. Better take it slow and work consistently, instead of working hard and not working at all afterwards, so best of luck on that!

Am… snacking.. it always depends on each person’s individual features. However, small-snacking between the main meals is a recommendation that can help boost your metabolism. However, if you don’t feel like eating anything serious at all… a cup of green tea is great, and I would suggest you to cut the evening-snack pear in two, and have a half for the morning snack, and a half for the evening one. The idea is that you don’t let your body starve for too long to avoid the starvation effect. Still, you have a very nutritious breakfast, and I am not surprised you didn’t want to eat before lunch. I guess, you should do it, as you feel.

Water intake is great, keep in up! And I wish you from the bottom of my heart to keep going just the same great pace and to see motivating results on your scales! =)

MzJaxon82 likes this.
  3. Mission_75

Mission_75 New Member
    Registered

Welcome and all the best with your journey!

Nikkiscassa, MzJaxon82 and April like this.
  4. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

Thanks Mission. Really appreciate the support

5. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

Hi Team D!!! Day two coming at you

Breakie - frittata (2eggs,spinach,broccoli,cherry tomatoes, tiny sprinkle of cheese and salt and pepper) yummmmmm
    Snack green tea
    Lunch Udon soup
    Snack pear and green tea
    Dinner left over chicken stir fry from last night
    4.5ltrs of water today

Feeling really good. Worked out this morning for an hour and also went for a walk this afternoon. Nothing too hard out slow and steady

I don't know if I'm meant to feel any different but then again it's only day two. Let's see if that changes this time next week.

Bring it on day three!!!

April likes this.
  6. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

Thanks April. Appreciate the support! I will be annoying you when I have more questions

April likes this.
  7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Oh hey! Team D – sounds so cool! =))

Your breakfast… so delicious and so good! Menu is great! Well done! Water intake fantastic! Exercise, as well! Purrrrrfect!

Going nice and smooth. May day 3 be the same! Cheers!

MzJaxon82 likes this.
  8. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

Hiiiii Team D - day 3 coming at you!!!!!!

Breakie porridge and banana
    Snack green tea - wasn't hungry
    Lunch brown rice smoked tuna 4 cherry tomatoes spring onion and corn so good!
    Snack Greek yoghurt half a pear and 9 almonds
    Dinner 2 cups of veggies 1 small piece of pork sirloin and mushroom rice risotto
    6 ltrs of water

Feeling awesome today!!! Took the kids for a 5km walk. Off to the pools tomorrow morning for some laps. Going to smash this!! Woop woop!!!

Question am I meant to take duromine at the same time every morning?

See you all tomorrow

9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

WOOOOOOOOOW!!!! You’re rocking it!!!! Love the attitude! Love all I read! You’re doing so good! FINALLY! Someone is going to start swimming while on Duromine! High five!!! Swimming gives you so many benefits when you are trying to lose weight.

Woop woop! Yep, I can feel it. =))

Answer. =0)) No! Every person makes up a certain schedule. As a rule, when people find a perfect schedule for Duromine intake, which helps them stay not hungry throughout the entire day, AND does not promote insomnia, they try to stick to it. It should give the best result. Still, everyone’s different. However, it’s always better to be consistent. If you can’t wake up with the alarm clock a couple of days to take your Duromine a couple of times during the entire course, it’s ok. I used to take it very early in the morning and go to sleep further. =)

You choose.

Have a great day! Looking forward to a great day 4 from you!

MzJaxon82 likes this.
  10. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

Rocking Day 4

Went and did laps at the pools this morning. Awesome start to my day!!!

Breakie 2 eggs scrambled with 4 cherry tomatoes and 1/4 of an avocado
    Snack another green tea
    Lunch half a lamb wrap filled with salad
    Snack Atkins choc and nut low carb protein bar with green tea
    Dinner lasagna made with spinach wraps instead of pasta
    Smashed back 5.5 ltrs if water today

Went to the movies and wasn't really hungry but got a small popcorn anyways, didn't even eat a quarter of it

Felt really good today. Can't wait to see my weigh in results. Forgot to measure waist but will do on Monday and compare with following week.

Not feeling the hunger pangs or insomnia but mouth still a lil dry

Rock on Friday

Laters Team D

11. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Every time, I mean every time your updates put a huge smile of content on my face! You go just great! That’s an awesome process you have developed and I am sure the progress will make you happy and satisfied.

It would be good if you would make all basic measurements, and not just the waist. Seeing other places (even the neck) getting slimmer will also make you happy, trust me! =))

Wonder what you will have during the weekend, and if you will enjoy more pool exercises. Btw, there are some good routines on youtube for exercises in water that can help you work through all of your body. And they are quite enjoyable, and even fun. If you don’t/can’t/ have no time to search for these, and are willing to try it, just tell me and I will post the ones I prefer. =) Cheers and keep it going!!!

MzJaxon82 likes this.
  12. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

TGIF day 5 (delayed post)

Breakie banana blueberry pancake 1 only ( mashed banana handful of blueberries scoop of protein powder egg to bind) yum with a smear of peanut butter
    Snack green tea
    Lunch bunless burger with salad
    Snack banana green tea
    Dinner home made pizza - 2rashes of bacon spinach mushrooms 4 cherry tomatoes on a spinach wrap
    6 ltrs of water - so many toilet visits lol

No exercise done today but will make up for that tomorrow

Feeling good feeling great. The weekend will definitely be the challenge for me

13. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

Thanks April. I will definitely do the measurements and post up in Monday night.

If you could post those pool workouts for me I will definitely try them

14. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

Yessssss!! It's the weekend now here is the challenge as I'm generally busy so tend to eat crap food.

Day 6 sleeping in is bliss

Smashed out a 7km walk

Breakie 2eggs scrambled mushrooms tomatoes spinach in a wholemeal wrap - basically left over from last night
    Snack no time home chores calling my name
    Lunch small tuna rice 4 cherry tomatoes 1/2 avocado (late lunch so by the time I ate I felt hungrier than normal, own fault)
    No snack due to late lunch
    Dinner homemade mince patty salad sweet potato chips (baked)
    4 ltrs of water today

The kids and I went out after all the house work and we would normally eat at the mall but I stopped myself from buying anything and we all came back home to eat. Have to admit I felt pretty chuffed about that!!!

I can't wait to weigh in on Monday but irregardless of the number I'm going to keep going on this journey

See you tomorrow Team D. We got this !!!!!

April likes this.
  15. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

May I join your D tem, MzJaxon82?

Wow! I mean wow, the fact that you stay so strong during the weekend, being at the mall and avoiding the junk food, brings you some applause! I know how hard it is to break your habits, especially when temptations are everywhere. And I admire your 7 km walk, are you kidding me?? It's a LOT! Bravo! I read all your updates, dear, and you do great. Thanks for sharing!

#15 Kate, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    MzJaxon82 and April like this.
  16. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hey hey!!! Everything’s looking good! Well done for the weekend! BRAVO for all the efforts and achievements. You already started breaking some serious habits, which is so great! You really did have a reason to be pretty chuffed! =)) Saving yourself and your kids from fast food is an amazing success!

Love the menu, as always, and the 7 km walk is WOHOOO!!!

I am also looking forward to your results for the first week and I am so happy to know that no matter what they show, you are willing to go on with changing your life to the healthier side. Way to go! Have a great day and a wonderful new week!

MzJaxon82 likes this.
  17. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

What's happening Team D!!!!

Week 1 done and dusted!!! Woop woop

Just weighed myself and did a double take, actually quadruple takes
    Didn't believe it so had to get partner to check

Starting weight - 133.1kgs
    Weight today - 129.1kgs
    Lost 4kgs
    Like WTF???
    Speechless
    I'm so freaking stoked right now

Today's haps
    Breakie porridge with banana
    Snack green tea
    Lunch chicken salad
    Snack peach
    Dinner 3 sausages corn and half a kumara (sweet potato)
    5ltrs of water today
    2km walk with kids whilst son had footy practice

I'm feeling awesome!!

Hope you guys are doing awesome on your journey and keep up the fantastic work

Ready to smash out week two. See you tomorrow ✌️

Nikkiscassa likes this.
  18. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

o_O !!!!!!! FOUR??? In a week??? What you’re doing there??? =)) Congratulations! Such a fantastic result! I can only imagine how motivated you are right now to keep pushing it and moving towards your goal.

Week 2 must already be scared and ready to have it’s a** kicked! =)) Going great! Keep it up and looking forward to your new updates!

19. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

What's good team
    thanks for the vote of confidence Kate. Definitely appreciate any and all the support!!!!

20. MzJaxon82

MzJaxon82 New Member
    Registered

What's good team D :po_O:rolleyes:

Busy busy busy day. But so much energy!! Loving it ❤️

Breakie porridge and banana
    Snack lots of water
    Lunch tuna corn 4 cherry tomatoes
    Snack peach (wasted my snack on that, it was bland and dry)
    Dinner grilled chicken and mushrooms
    4ltrs of water
    No exercise today so better get to the pools tomorrow

I'm definitely loving this journey so far. I'm guessing the 4kgs was water retention but hey I'm going to take that small win. Step by step I'm going to get to 10kgs which I decided is going to be my small goal

Watch this space world cause I'm coming

Have a super duper day :D