Alcoholic beverages

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Em84, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Em84

Em84 New Member
    Registered

Hi guys, I have a preety important event on Saturday, I know your not supposed to have alcohol while on them , so wondering if I just skip that pill on Saturday?

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

My advice: better not to. Depends on kind of the drink)) some wine, I guess, you may have. But expect side effects, most likely

3. Em84

Em84 New Member
    Registered

Do you mean not to skip the pill or take the pill and expect side effects???

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

I meant you shouldn't in both cases.
    You see, I have never met the info that alcohol is completely contraindicated with Duromine. So if you want to skip a pill it is better to wait 24 hours and then a little amount of alcohol is harmless. Not sure though, that's what people say. Some people have side effects, others don't...There are records that alcohol can increase the effect of Duromine on the CNS. Basically all the side effects from the central nervous system can increase, too. Like: restlessness, overstimulation, insomnia, nervousness, tremor, dizziness, headaches, etc. I wouldn't take that risk IMHO.

On the other hand, I have written many times that you SHOULD NOT SKIP A DOSE. Though I heard some doctors prescribe to take Duromine just for 5 days and skip the pills on the weekends. o_Oo_O Personally I don't understand why would you do so? You know that alcohol provides relaxation and increases appetite. It means that potentially your weekend-without-the-pill may cost you ZERO WEIGHT LOSS (at best) or even SOME KILOS BACK (at worst)!!! But any guide list says you should take Duromine for 12 weeks without breaks.

I don't want to push you, Em, but you should better think twice. Is this event really so important and you really need to drink alcohol, or your weight loss is still a priority?

Take care of your health!:)

5. Em84

Em84 New Member
    Registered

Thankyou