Afraid it's not working..

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by ForgetfulMe, Oct 8, 2014.

1. ForgetfulMe

ForgetfulMe New Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone,

I'm on my second stint of Duromine, I was on it for one month then had a break off the pills to see if I could maintain my eating habits off the pill (doctor agreed that I should do this) I put on a little weight but not all that I lost whilst on my first cycle.
    I've now been on the same 30 mg for 6 days, and haven't felt a thing!
    The first time I had more energy, my sleeping times were on and off and I had instant appetite suppression. Now nothing except minor appetite suppressant, I'm even still hungry at some stages.
    Can anyone offer any suggestions to this? Feeling a little disappointed.

Thanks! :(

2. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings New Member
    Registered

ForgetfulMe, the same happened to me when I used D in 2012. Also used it for a month or so, stopped and started again a month or so later. I was so disappointed! I started D again about 3 weeks ago and I must say it is working again to its full effect. It is important to listen to your body and to eat when hungry, but the trick being to stop when full. Keep on using D and maybe don't take a break between the months again?

Hope the "problem" gets resolved. Hang in there, remember this will help us with a lifestyle change, so make positive changes where ever you can :)

3. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

Hi there, the same thing has happened to me. Except I haven't been on/off. I took it 8+ years ago and it was amazing! My body responded immediately, i could 'feel' it working (sleep/appetite/metabolism/sleep)... This time, I'm 8 days in... Day 1 was full appetite suppression, day 2 was only about 50%...and it has got weaker and weaker since, I'm almost sleeping longer on it. Only effect to remain in the dry mouth. Not sure why. It's hard not to be disappointed.

4. PJ1975

PJ1975 New Member
    Registered

Yep pretty much the same story here. First few days it was amazing and then gradually noticed my appetite returning, sleeping soundly. I'd done my research before discussing it with my dr but it's really hard to stay positive when you hear so many amazing results for other people. Why isn't it working for me? I've just upped my dosage to 40mg. Hopefully things will turn around soon. My dr is expecting 15-20kg loss by the time I see him in three mths time. At this rate there's just no way. :(

5. LollyTerror

LollyTerror Member
    Registered

After about 3 weeks I felt it wasn't working either. I was feeling hungry every day and waking up at 3am hungry too! I've persevered though, stuck to my guns (for the most part) and have lost 5.5kgs in the past 6 wks. I was hoping to have lost 10kg by now, but some is better than none I suppose. I've heard slow and steady wins the race :). A bit frustrating though, when you hear about everyone else's massive weight loss. How's the 40mg working?

6. PJ1975

PJ1975 New Member
    Registered

I've had to stop taking Duro at the moment. My blood pressure was through the roof (not because of Duro). Once we get my BP under control I can go back on Duro. Maybe that's why I didn't feel much of an effect? If my body was already in overdrive, it would be hard to find an extra gear. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

7. Larnie66

Larnie66 New Member
    Registered

Hey guys, i am a newbie to Duromine, i have been taking it for 6 days now and i am scared it's not working! the 1st 3 days i had no appetite what-so-ever and had to force myself to eat brekky, lunch and dinner (didn't want to go into starvation mode) and only slept for 2 hours each night. But ever since the 4th day i have felt nothing! no appetite reduction, i'm sleeping fine and wouldn't say i have any extra energy. I haven't been weighing myself as i don't want to become obsessed by the 'number' but i ended up doing it today after lunch (which i know won't give me an accurate reading) but if i subtract say 2kg from the food and liquid consumed throughout the day i pretty much have stayed the same weight from day 1!!!!!! shouldn't i have seen some change by now? when is it supposed to kick in? i am feeling so desperate nothing seems to work for me! i am the healthiest eater, i eat tiny portions and avoid junk food and i go to the gym 3 days a week plus walk the dog twice a day everyday.

8. mumof2cuties

mumof2cuties New Member
    Registered

hi
    I know its frustrating when you dont see the results straight away, maybe its just your body adjusting to the new lifestyle. When you say you eat tiny portions are you sure you are eating enough, sometimes when we don't eat enough our bodies can go into starvation mode which will end up having the opposite effect to weight loss, also if it is that time of month or due soon you can put on a couple of kilos in fluid etc so that may have been why you haven't seen any change yet. As for not feeling any symptoms after the 4th day i have been experiencing the same thing, on day 1 i had full blast of energy wasn't hungry etc but from day 2-6 (today) i was the same as you, i dont have that ebergy burst anymore , i do get hungry however i feel the duromine does take the edge off so i am not starving all the time only hungry at meal times and ive managed to curb my snacking, however in saying that i weighed myself today just to see how i was going and i am down 2kg exactly, so just give it some time, it will kick in. keep up the excercise and eating well and remember to drink plenty of water and i bet you'll start to see reults soon. not everyone has the symptoms all the time we are all different.
    just another question how many mg's are your tablets?

missduromine likes this.
  9. Larnie66

Larnie66 New Member
    Registered

Hey, thanks for replying,

good job on the 2kg loss!!!! well done.

by tiny portions i mean i'll have an optifast shake for brekky, for lunch i'll have either 5 pieces of tuna sushi or a small slice of frittata and salad or a vegetable based soup and for dinner i usually have either 200g of protein with steamed veg/salad (no carbs) or i'll mash some cauliflower with some light cream cheese and add a small tin of tuna...plus 2 snacks of either fruit/coffee for morning tea and afternoon tea. This adds up to about 3,800-5200 kj a day depending on my food choices....i was worried i could be in starvation mode...but i don't really know HOW to eat the right amount to be honest! my weight gain in the last year is purely from binges and not just regular large portions, so if i remove my binges from my diet (which i have successfully managed to do!!! woohoo!!) i probably don't eat enough! but i am not sure...

hmmm i am due for my period either this week or next week (it can be a bit irregular) so that could contribute to it i guess!!! i hope so anyway :(

my dr started me on 15mg and then said after a few days increase it to 30mg, which is what i stared today! so i hope the 30mg makes a difference, but i really haven't felt any symptoms from it (as in decreased appetite or increased energy).