Advice please!!

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Biddy, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Biddy

Biddy New Member
    Registered

Hi, so after the doctor reluctantly moved me from 15 to 30mg, because 15 wasnt working so i doubled the dose, but now on the 30 i still dont find it workin great, i have a massive appetite which im tryin to curb drinkin loads water, but i never feel full!!, im wondering has anyone doubled the dose from 30 to give them 60mg, advice please?
    Also the doc i go to is a pain in d ass, her old weightin scales are like 10 pound out so shes tryin to tell me im 10 pound lighter than i am, told her they were wrong n she said i dont care sure youve lost weight....
    so im not long in WA, and if i change to a new doctor will the new doc be able to pull up records than im on duromine?

2. Beautiful B

Beautiful B Active Member
    Registered

Hi Biddy... to be honest 60mg sounds hectic and I honestly dont think its a good idea...... Tell me, are you perhaps on a multivitamin? sometimes the body just lacks something... Tell me about your diet...what and when do eat? You also mentioned that you never feel full... so are you still hungry or are you just use to the feeling of being stuffed... sorry to sound so....I know when I started D, it was kinda weird because I would eat really small portions and also wouldnt feel full.. then I would ask myself " am I hungry?" and to be honest, I would not be hungry.... It was habit... I was just use to eating that i would stuff myself and i use to eat until I felt completely full... nowadays, for me its really just about closing that hunger hole in my stomach...

KaylaLouise and Melmo like this.
  3. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

I think duromine has strict guidelines for doctors to prescribe. They must have known you for a fair amount of time, have seen an effort on your own part to lose the weight other ways etc.
    The drug does not even come in a 60mg dose, the highest dose is 40mg. I would strongly advise you not to keep upping your dose. I certainly would advise you against taking 60mg when 40mg is the highest safe dosage. Bearing in mind it is similar to the illegal drug speed, and the possibility of cardiac arrest surely you wont risk it?
    Out of curiosity what is your kJ intake? What food are you eating? How much water are your drinking? How much exercise are you doing and are you doing it daily?
    I am eating a 1200kJ diet, and following it strictly. I am drink 4+ ltrs of water a day. Im doing at least 45mins a day average of cardio.
    Try drinking a glass of water before you begin a meal, eat a third of it and drink some more water maybe this will help you feel more satisfied.

4. Biddy

Biddy New Member
    Registered

Ok il not up the dosage so! I wanted to be put on 40mg as i new towards the end that 30mg wasn cuttin it, i work 12 hours a day on my feet the whole time so dont do much other exercise some nights i try force meself to d gym but i dont hav enough energy left at that stage! I drink 3/4 litres of water a day, im no good at counting calories, n im a very picky eater which is not good! So basically at 930am il have a banana at 1pm a apple and Banana, 430 pm grilled chk or lean steak with boiled potatoes, or a omelette erc

Melmo likes this.
  5. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

I am really glad youre not going to double up on your tablets! Ok, maybe try a calorie counting website to take the hassle out of it. I use myfitnesspal. it has a huge database of food so usually all you have to do is look it up. Or from a phone you can scan barcodes too apparently. Portion size is important too, a serve of meat should be the size of your hand for example, a handful of nuts is one serve, a serving of cereal is 45grams etc.
    But if that is all youre eating 3 pieces of fruit, one serve of protein and one veg you really should be losing weight. Maybe your dr should look at other reasons? I think thyroid and polycystic ovaries cause weight issues for example. Good luck x

Beautiful B likes this.
  6. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

I took 2 30mg capsules once. I still had the same reduction in appetite. Didn't have any more energy, aaaaaand I didn't sleep for 2 nights! So, no I wouldn't recommend it.

7. Audra Blue

Audra Blue New Member
    Registered

You could try eating more protein and good fats at each meal. It sounds like your body isn't getting enough nutrients so it's making you hungry. You can have a low-cal diet and still eat properly. Fill up on veggies with the protein and good fats and remember to eat regularly and take your Duromine with food. Good luck.

Melmo likes this.