A Life Changing Journey Begins

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Mika, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Hi Guys

I started my Duromine journey on Tuesday 13-03-12. I am 5' 1" (155 cm) short and on Monday weighed in at 71.6Kg. May not sound like a lot but when I discovered that my ideal weight for my bone structure should be anything between 48 to 57kg I knew that I had to do something. The other problem I have, which needs serious attention, is that my husband (who is in great shape, he used to box, play soccer, rugby and all sorts of sporting activity) of 15 years is getting very frustated with me and my weight issues. Before all you ladies whack me over the head for staying with a man who "doesn't appreciate me for who I am", "love is blind" etc etc I understand all his points. Being overweight is unhealthy, uncomfortable, and as much as we would like to fool ourselves, it is UNATTRACTIVE!

So, visited my doctor (lovely lady) on Monday and she has got me on the 15mg repeat prescription for 3 months to be used in conjunction with Xenical. Barely slept for the first two nights, so worth it. Slept like the dead on Thursday and Friday. No heart palpitations, headaches etc. Just a very dry mouth, which is great considering that for once in my life I'm drinking tons of water.

So far so good:
    Starting Weight: 71.6Kg
    Goal Weight: 57Kg
    Need to lose: 14.6Kg (Lets call it 15kg)
    Weight 17-03-12: 69.5Kg (A whooping 2.1Kg off in four days!!)
    Still got to lose: 12.5Kg (It can done)

Cheers

2. Whabbly

Whabbly New Member
    Registered

Dear Mika

Your enthusiasm is contagious ha ha ha. I am on week 3 now, weighed myself week one, lost 2.4kg, and on Saturday only 1.1kg. Was very dissapointed but know where I went wrong, so this week will be different again. Also started spinning, so will see how that holds up.

I know what you are saying about your husband, my hubby is the same. Although they love us dearly "just the way we are", they do wish that we will do something about it. I am 33kg away from my goal weight, can't wait. Good luck on your journey and keep us updated on your progress.

3. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Hi "W" (don't like your name, hopefully soon it will be something like "sexybabe or hotchick)

Thanks for the nice message. I'm so excited to do this, mainly because I've tried almost every other diet under the sun. The Blood type diet (it's true) the only help that was, was me discovering that I'm A+ :)
    Various low-carb ones. It got exhausting and I started to lose my hair, that was scary. Anyways, I trying my hardest to get this one right. Well done on the spinning, when you're battling physically & emotionally keep a positive mind. Image yourself in a gorgeous bikini somewhere nice. It should keep your going. I've been doing the Zumba 20 minute express workout in the mornings and have to really psych myself up for it. Good Luck on your Journey and keep motivated. Looking forward to reading that you're doing well. Take Care

4. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Hello

Well, I have officially seen the back of my first week with Duromine. I am over the moon with my weight loss of.... 2.5Kg!! I know that I'm gonna have to work really hard at this and give it my all. Not as thirsty as I was but still drinking as much water as I possibly can muster. Common sense dictates that I will not be losing 2.5Kg every week & so I have given myself a realistic average of losing 1Kg per week, which will take me to my goal weight of 57Kg by the end of my prescription which is 12 weeks away. To all who read this & is trying to "shed the load", keep your chin up and GO FOR GOAL!!

Starting Weight: 71.6Kg
    Weight Lost so far: 2.5Kg
    Current Weight: 69.1Kg
    Goal Weight: 57Kg (by 13/06/12) If I lose it sooner, well then that will be just FAB!!

5. Whabbly

Whabbly New Member
    Registered

Well done Mika. Good for you for not making unrealistic goals like I did, but my mindset has changed now, so I'm sure next weigh in won't be as dissapointing (I hope). Can't wait for Saturday to see if the hard work has paid off!!

6. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Thank You Ms "W"

Good Luck on your weigh-in. Wish you all the best.

7. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Hi All

Week two is now done & dusted, and I am sooooo pleased to say that I have lost a further 1.2Kg!!! Yay me!! This now brings my total weight loss since starting Duromine to 3.7Kgs. I've got another 2.5 months to go and I know that I will achieve my goal of 57Kg. I am gonna be damned if I don't make this effort worthwhile.
    Side effects: still thirsty which I'm also very happy about because I'm stlll drinking loads of water.

Next update in a week!

Good Luck all, wish you the best!

SW: 71.6Kg - 13/03/2012
    GW: 57Kg by 13/06/2012
    CW: 67.9Kg as of 27/03/2012

8. Maureen

Maureen New Member
    Registered

Hi Mika
    Why did you stop your updates? My starting weight was almost the same as yours and the weightloss as well. It will be interesting to know your progress so far. I have lost 3kg in three weeks and still going strong. Looking forward hearing from you.

9. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Hi Maureen

I, unfortunately, had to stop taking Duromine for a short period. My hubby had a massive heart attack on the 01st of April. He's doing fine now, getting stronger everyday. However his attack completely threw me. He was in hospital for two weeks and I "naturally" did some comfort eating. However I started again on the 16th of April at 69.1Kg. Last week I was at 66.8Kg. Tomorrow is weight-in day and I'll update again.
    Thanks for following my progress. Good Luck with your journey. Let me know how it's going. Cheers :)

10. Maureen

Maureen New Member
    Registered

Hi Mika
    I am sorry 2 hear about your husband. I am glad that he is ok now. Please take good care of him. My weighloss is very slow. I stuck at 69kg. Did not lose anything for the past week. Don't kown what I am doing wrong. I eat small healthty portians and do 10minute spinning daily. Yesterday it was one month ago that I started with Duromine. I will however not give up. I will not take my weight for the next 2 weeks. It seems that you lose easily the kilo's. You are indeed very lucky good luck.

11. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Hi All, especially Maureen

The kilo's aren't falling off easily. I'm losing just grams as you can see, but it's better than nothing at all.

Start Again Weight 69.1Kg: 16/04/2012
    23/04/2012 - 67.7Kg (Loss of 1.4Kg)
    30/04/2012 - 66.9Kg (Loss of 0.8Kg)
    07/05/2012 - 66.2Kg (Loss of 0.5Kg) It's better nothing!!! :)

Cheers and Good Luck!! :D

12. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Oops, silly me!! Weightloss from 30/04/2012 to 07/05/12 is 0.7Kg!! :eek:

13. MSW

MSW New Member
    Registered

Hi Ladies,

Not to sound like a total newb, here. .. But how on earth did you get your Doctor to prescribe these to you? I went to mine, and they had no idea what this was... and I honestly, don't want to resort to the "other" brand name phentermine or something.

Thoughts?

14. Maureen

Maureen New Member
    Registered

Hi. This is very unusual that you doc is unaware about duromine. I suggest that you print info from the internet and ask your doc to consult medical updates as this drug is well known around the entire world. I guess your doc must be from the old school. Good luck. Duromine is really working.

15. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Hi MSW

Your location says Toronto, Canada and I know that Duromine is banned in the States. It might also be banned in Canada. Maybe that's why your Doc doesn't know what you're talking about. If it is banned then rather settle for whatever your Doc can prescribe you, don't buy any drugs online, you never know what's in it. Good Luck

16. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Hi All,

Yay me, I have now reached my mini goal of 65Kg. I'm so stoked, I am going to treat myself to some junk today, maybe KFC, I've earned it.

Initial Weight: 71.6Kg - 13/03/2012
    07/05/2012 - 66.2Kg (Loss of 0.7Kg)
    14/05/2012 - 65.0Kg (Loss of 1.2Kg)

Cheers and Good Luck!!
    :D

17. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Hi All

Ok, so last week didn't go as expected but a loss nonetheless. Any loss is better than NO loss!

Initial Weight: 71.6Kg - 13/03/2012
    07/05/2012 - 66.2Kg (Loss of 0.7Kg)
    14/05/2012 - 65.0Kg (Loss of 1.2Kg)
    21/05/2012 - 64.6Kg (Loss of 0.4Kg)
    Total Loss so far: 7Kg

Cheers and Good Luck!!

18. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Hey Mika,
    How are you going? It looks like your a dress size down?

19. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Hi JustMe

I think it's going alright. Slow and Steady. I really, really wanted to lose at the very least 1Kg a week. It's just under that but I'm grateful for "small measures". I don't know where you're from but I've been wearing South African size 12 clothes and sometimes size 14 jeans for the past 10 years or so. I'm still wearing my size 12 clothes, the only difference now is that I'm comfortable in them. Hardly as many bulges (muffin top is nearly gone). The size 14 jeans are way too big now and they hang. I've given away all my baby doll tops, the maternity type, that I practically lived in. All the other size 12 shirts and tops fit just right. I have wide hips and am still a C cup. Boobies haven't changed. :) So, I'm not going to waste money on clothes yet. I'm going to wait and see how far I can go until I need new clothes. Will update weightloss (hopefully) tomorrow.
    I've read some of your posts and just want to say that you have to keep your chin up, and also JustMe, remember that it is very very important to drink your water. Try to drink at least 8 glasses in day. The water plays a vital role in breaking done the stubborn fat we carry. Duromine is a fat burner but most importantly it is also a chemical that drys our mouths so that we will drink the water. Even if you're not following a strict diet regime, DRINK YOUR WATER! You will see a difference, even if it is slow.
    Good Luck and Take Care

Mika

20. onelove

onelove New Member
    Registered

Hi Mika,

it's good to read how positive you are and realistic on your weekly goal too.

i've been eating healthier, and smaller portions (i still feel hungry but i get full REALLY fast), brisk walking 4 to 5 times last week and doing simple resistance training 3 times last week. drank LOADS of water, but no results.

i guess in some people it takes a bit longer for it to work but so far all the stories that i have read, the kgs just seem to melt of them!

nevertheless, i will keep going and hope this works!