:)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sammygee, Nov 6, 2012.

1. sammygee

sammygee New Member
    Registered

Hey everyone!
    My name is Samantha, im a 22 year old student who has been unhappy about my weight my whole life. I used to weigh in at 110kg a couple of years back and managed to lose 20kg through a lot of hard work and exercise. Since then my weight has fluctuated about 5kg up and down, however i realised that i was still at a considerably unhealthy weight and made the choice to go to the doctors for some extra help. Ive always found weightloss incredibly hard and my unhealthy body was really bringing me down.
    So here i am!
    Today was my first day on Duromine, What a day!
    The doctor prescribed me 40mg and dear god i think it was waaaayy too much.
    I took my first one at 8am this morning and didnt feel anything untill i went to work at 5pm. I was starting to think that perhaps it wasnt going to work, however when i started working and became very active it completely kicked in! (i'm a manager in retail and do a lot of running around). I was buzzing like no tomorrow! could hardly concentrate and was running around like a headless chook!
    I was sweating a lot more than usual and all i wanted to do was run around.
    After work i came home and just had to take myself to the gym to sweat it all out and attempt to exhaust myself because i knew if i just sat on the couch i wouldnt be able to sleep at all.
    I did a 45 minute cardio work out and it was the best work out ive ever done in my life. so much energy! my body just wouldnt stop!
    Absolutely no food cravings all day although i had to force myself to eat as my doctor said i must maintain 6 small meals a day in order to keep my metabolism up for when i come off the duromine.
    I might have to go back to the doc's and ask for a lower dosage as i feel the 40mg is quite excessive for me. Im still wide awake and its 3:30am haha

I currently weigh 91kg
    my goal weight is 70kg.
    Hopefully this was the first day of a healthy and more prosperous lifestyle for me :)
    lovely to meet you all!
    Sam

2. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

try and take it as early as u can , I take it at 5.30 am I have it beside my bed with water. u might need to go to the gym every night to help u ( this is a good thing lol) I'm on the 40g but I did do a mth on 30g before tho. good luck

3. fitmumma

fitmumma New Member
    Registered

Hi Sam,

Do you still have all that boundless energy? Cos give me some of that! haha
    I have been on Duromine 30g for a week now and I had all that extra energy in about the first three days but it's gone now :(
    Now it gives me a foggy feeling now and then a bit of an annoying side effect oh and the dry mouth! Weight coming off though so I'm happy about that. I weigh 94.8 so we are similar in weight I am a few kgs more. Good luck with weight loss we can do it :D

4. sammygee

sammygee New Member
    Registered

Well its been exactly a month and i thought id do a bit of a check in and let you all know how im going :)
    I never again felt that extreme energy kick like i did on my first day but it did take my body a while to get used to the duromine. Extreme sweating would probably be one of my worst side effects.. i would just be walking around at work at i would be sweating profusely.. like i would at the gym during an extreme work out!
    Getting to sleep became less and less of a problem as the days went on.
    I found i still had an appetite towards the end of the day, but nothing i couldnt control.
    My diet most days has consisted of 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, apple and banana for lunch, and a very small portion of a non-carb dinner (i.e chicken and veggies, fish, meat).
    In the last month ive been going to the gym 3 - 4 times a week doing weights and cardio.
    Weighed myself today for the first time and im down to 81.5 which is a total loss of 9.5 kg in a month!
    just 11.5 kg to go untill i hit my goal :D
    Ive found that the weight isnt coming off as fast anymore which will mean a lot more hard work but you only get out what you put in!
    Duromine has very much assisted me to keep on track with my weightloss.. i dont think ive been able to stick to a diet for this long ever!
    its the most amazing feeling when people come up to me and tell me ive lost weight, even more of an amazing feeling when a pair of pants that used to be so tight on me are now as loose as ever.
    The doctor has prescribed me one more month of duromine,
    i'll definitely check in with you guys in a couple of weeks to let you know of my weightloss :)
    good luck everyone!

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh Hello, Sam! And congratulations for your first amazing results! It's always good to know that someone hits all records and doing great, though the struggle is tough! In my opinion your diet is perfectly balanced for a healthy daily meals. Although when you first time wrote about extreme energy and that you couldn't sleep well, I was worried about your cardio exercises. Since now you say you no longer feel bouncy and very active, it's Okay and your body got used to Duromine. Don't worry about weight loss that it seems to come off slowly, it happens with all of us. My advice to lessen cardio workouts a little bit, because you don't want to overload your heart, do you? I mean that 3-4 times a week is good, but maybe more weights and less cardio. And I think till the time you will manage to lose your desired 11.5 kg your body will get used to this kind of life and diet and it will be much easier to maintain your new weight. Good luck and keep it up! :)