6 weeks in and 5% weight loss

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Plucky, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

I've been on duromine for about 6 weeks. I usually miss 1 tablet a week so only just moved onto my second pack. Today I weighed in and with a 4.9kg loss I've lost 5% of my body weight in 6 weeks. Each week I've seen roughly a 1kg loss and one week nothing. Compared to some of the phenomenal losses I've seen people post my 5kg doesnt seem like much over that time frame but then when I look at it as 5% of my body weight it does sound like I've made good progress.

I havent completely done a 180 on how I eat and I currently dont weigh my food. I've been moderate in my diet and a lot of my loss comes down to not drinking coke. Its a viscous cycle for me, I am tired so I have a can of coke to perk up, the extra weight makes me more tired so then I reach for another coke. On duro I cant drink much caffeine (I dont drink tea or coffee either) as it effects my sleep but also I have more energy so I am just not reaching for it like I was.

On the 3rd of March I start a 6 week fitness challenge, I am already pretty active as I do about 3 hours of deliberate exercise a week so the challenge for me will be the food side. The challenge comes with an individual meal plan and a cookbook of recipes so that will be interesting as my husband has agreed to suck it up in terms of eating what I am having or feeding himself (and the kids). I did a provided food plan a couple of years ago and while I mostly enjoyed the food I ended up having to cook separate dinners for the rest of my family. As the non-cook before this, it was exhausting going from not cooking at all to cooking 2 meals a night. The challenge claims to deliver a 11kg weight loss over 6 weeks. Besides the incredible claim of a massive loss, it also comes with weekly accountability in the form of weigh ins and trainers following up on your progress. I am embracing the extreme and I am sure it will be extreme but it will be under the guidance of a registered nutritionist and personal trainers.

Anyway the original purpose of my post was to celebrate what I have achieved without being extreme. 5% of my body weight is not nothing and I am happy with it.

Rava and Retta like this.
  2. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hiya @Plucky!

So good to hear how you are going! Hope you and your family have been going great :)

What food plan are you on if you dont mind me asking? Cant wait to hear more!

3. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

Hi Rava,

Well the food plan was/is extreme. I am finding it a little hard to follow strictly as it is very heavy on protein and many of the allowed veggies are ones that I shouldn't really eat a lot of. Also there's no carbs at dinner but there is a fair bit of oil/fat for dinner which again is not really my style of eating. When I calculated an example menu up it was only 1000cal in addition to that food there are protein shakes which we were told were only if you needed something sweet but I am not really into them so I have left them out. If you cant tell I was rather disappointed as what was 'sold' to me in the initial consult and what I got are not the same thing. I am not really sure about some of the stuff they say either- but the education side of things isnt completed as yet so I need to try keep an open mind. I lost a kg in the first week, not too bad considering I had drinks one night for my birthday. Its also likely that I am carrying water weight as the classes used muscles in a different way than I am used and my period is due today so heres hoping I see a bit drop soon to make it all worthwhile.

I am enjoying classes they run though, its slanted to the functional fitness/body weight exercises and the format is good. The commitment is 3 x 1/2 hr classes a week and I am still doing my normal running/riding on top of that.

4. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Plucky sounds as though it could be quite similar to a Keto approach with the fats and little carbs?

Its bloody annoying when you purchase something only to find out that its not quite all that :(. Hope you are travelling better with the diet side of things this week.

You have always motivated me with your exercise, strength and fitness so cant wait to hear more about how you get on! You were one of the people to inspire me to start running!

• About Us

Duromineforum.com was created in 2009. Since then many people have found followers and new friends thanks to this forum. In addition, they all got a strong motivation and support. Starting from 2013, the forum achieves a new level - mini social network for people, who want to lose weight, blogs for losing weight people, weight loss before & after pictures, diet issues, etc.
  • Like us on Facebook