3rd Week on 30mg - Weighed in and :'(

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Kelbel, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Kelbel

Kelbel New Member
    Registered

Hello

21st December 2012 = 99.8kg
    14th January 2013 = 97.1kg

I am currently going into my 3rd week of using 30mg Duromine and so far I have been lucky to not have had many side effects (that i had researched there to be - touch wood).
    It wasnt until 2 weeks in that I started to notice a difference in myself. My face was looking thinner. My clothes were fitting more comfortably. My tummy was 'deflating'. I even had a before and now pic of myself and you can see the changes! I was feeling really great!

I have decided not to weigh myself (because I know Ill become obsessed with it) and instead I go to the doctors 1-2 times a month to get checked.
    So today was the day.....my first weigh in!

I got on the scales and was told "2.7kg loss". Thats it?? I have changed my entire eating habbits in the past 3 weeks and have not even reached 3kg loss? Dont get me wrong I am proud to have made a loss and not a gain but I surely thought that it would have been at least a little more than that.

So now I feel very flat and unmotivated :( I am starting to question myself....Do my clothes look baggier? Is my face thinning? Is my stomach 'deflating'? Maybe its in my head?

I know I need exercise more (I have no time at the moment) but I have been eating so healthy and in small amounts compared to what I was like before Duromine.

I was told that if I dont lose my weight I will have to possibly look at Gastric Bypass Surgery :( I dont want to go down that avenue if I can help it.

I have read everyones success stories and admire everyones achievements and I am starting to feel like a failure :(

If anyone has any advice or encouragement I would be really grateful.

Thank you for reading and for you help.

:( KB

2. caragh87

caragh87 New Member
    Registered

Hi KB,

I'm sorry your feeling so defeated. Sometimes it just takes our bodies longer too adjust.. I am going on 5 days and I've lost a kilo or so but my tummy and face are deflating so I think it's safe to say that yours are too.

Are you counting calories or just eating healthier in general? My suggestion would be to find out your BMR and then reduce that by 1000 calories or so.
    Also are you doing any exercise?
    Light walking is great cardio and good for your overall health.

Don't give up! Our weight fluctuates. Find your calorie goal.. get out in the sunshine and do some light exercise.
    You got this! You can do it.

3. deebee

deebee New Member
    Registered

Hi KB

Don't give up! I'm on day 12 of Duromine 30 and I've lost 4kgs. I lost all of this in the first week and now my body has frozen up. I'm eating right and have been doing some exercise but still the scale hasn't moved from 93kg. I was also feeling defeated but I thought well at least my eating is changing and I'm not snacking at all. Something good will come of it right? So the same goes for you just keep going because your body will benefit from the better food and eventually exercise!

I have considered asking my Dr for 40mg have you?

Dee

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Kelbel!
    I'm in pain when I read stories like yours, because I start to recall my experience and I had my failures too.
    I used to have a lot of excess weight and actually was in between the surgery and extreme diet plan. I wasn't willing to do a surgery, so I chose the second variant.
    Sometimes weight loss takes 1-3 days, sometimes a week or two, depends on the person. Either way it's all water that comes out during these first days, and you don't have to worry about that. This way your body starts to lose weight, it is a normal process. I know it is hard to think positive when you don't see changes, but you can do it! As for exercises, I must say they are necessary, because if you only have a different diet plan it is not enough for a quicker loss. A combination of diet+exercise+pills only helped me when I needed.

My tip on exercises, since you have no time (pick up one or two):
    1. If you work, take a 30 minute walk to your office or whatever.
    2. If you don't work, just plan your day to have a 30-40 minutes walk to the store, bank or just morning walk.
    3. 15-20 minutes stretching while cooking the dinner.
    4. Cycling is good, so if you have an exercise bike you can do 15 minutes at home.
    5. Pleasure / benefit: dancing. I'm pretty sure you have DVD, playstation or music channel (some dancing classes on the Internet maybe), so 30 minutes of dancing a day is helpful, trust me! You lose calories and your shapes become slimmer and tighter.
    DON'T GIVE UP! WE ALL WENT THROUGH THE SAME, JUST BE PATIENT. You'll see, a week later you will lose at least 3kg! ;)

5. Kelbel

Kelbel New Member
    Registered

Thank you for your comments and advice ;) I started to count calories but gave up after a solid week. I should really start doing it again. Ive been really careful with what I have been eating though.
    As of tomorrow (i went away last night) im starting Zumba. I bought the wii version and hopefully Ill aim to do it for 30 min each day.
    I really hope I see better results next weigh in ....

Thank you so much for your comforting and motivating words. I really did feel like a failure getting on those scales. :S

6. Kelbel

Kelbel New Member
    Registered

Hello Dee

Thats a FANTASTIC effort on your weight loss! Congrats! 4kg in 12 days is great! I know what you mean when you say your body has frozen up. Mine would do that on the past diets I went on. Im sure mines even doing that now too :S It does make you feel deflated but if you are changing your eating etc things will only change more and more.

Ill try this Zumba thing and see how I go :S Im starting at home first ...Im pretty self-conscious. I never felt confident to go for walks around the area so I thought with Zumba I could dance my heart out and no one will judge hehe

The doctor said she wouldnt give me the 40mg tablets because she thought they would be too strong :S

Thank you so much for your encouragement. Please keep me updated with how you are going ;)

KB

7. Kelbel

Kelbel New Member
    Registered

Hello Kate

Firstly congrats on your weight loss!!! That is terrific!!!
    I can definitely relate with your experience! I dont want to go through surgery and I chose to try Duromine.

Thank you so much for your advice and motivation! Ive taken your idea of Zumba (on the Wii) so I can look like a mechanical octopus in the comfort of my home hehe

I will be posting more on here about how its going and hopefully there will be more changes asap :D

Thank you again!!

KB :D

8. Mumma to 3

Mumma to 3 New Member
    Registered

Aww just keep at it, exercising really helps, also if you got weighed at the docs you would of had all your clothes on which would add to the weight, weigh yourself naked first thing in the morning. Good luck I hope it all happens soon for you

9. Kelbel

Kelbel New Member
    Registered

Thank you Mumma

I didnt even think about that either! I was also weighed in the afternoon (the only appointment they had). Thank you again. :D

Ill keep posting with how things go ;)

10. Kelbel

Kelbel New Member
    Registered

So here is the latest.....

I have been on the tablets for a month now. I started doing Zumba at home and felt great! I've been burning an average of 400-500cal 30-40 min a day.
    After I have worked out I cannot believe how much I sweat! I mean for ages after (long after a cold shower) I still perspire excessively!! I have read that this can be a side effect.
    Has anyone else had this?

I have been eating really healthy with small portions but I have noticed no change :(
    I will not give up!
    This will be the year I lose 40kg!!!!

I can't help but feel deflated when I look in the mirror or when I walk past a shop window and can't see change :(

MJC2312 likes this.
  11. Lisa :)

Lisa :) New Member
    Registered

Hi,

Yes! I sweat terribly as soon as I start doing anything physical!! It's quite embarrassing like I have been in a sauna for hours :/

Good luck with your journey :)

12. Kelbel

Kelbel New Member
    Registered

Thank you Lisa!

Its kinda good to know Im not the only one with this annoying side effect :S

Even when I am at the shops walking around it looks like Ive run a marathon with the amount I sweat! I only walk slowly around too!

13. caragh87

caragh87 New Member
    Registered

I've definitely noticed the sweat as well.. I sweat a lot when it's hot..
    But at the moment it's quite nuts. I did 2 solid hours of cleaning yesterday and I had to keep wiping down my face.

Hang in there kelbel, give it a few more weeks.
    Just remember you didn't put the weight on in a month, so it wont come off in a month.

14. Kelbel

Kelbel New Member
    Registered

The sweating is driving me nuts! lol

I can certainly relate Caragh87. I cleaned this morning and looked like I had been for a swim hehe Thank you for your kind words. Fingers crossed things will get better ;)

I wanted to ask people if when they got their Duromine packet they got a little pamphlet for a subscription to Living Lite Program? I only found it this morning in my second packet.

Has anyone used this?

KB

15. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Good day, ladies!
    Sweating is pretty normal during this process, it means your body wants to get rid of toxins, excess water (you drink a lot more than usual, remember?) and all this happens because of increased activity of your body. Since pills make you feel more energy, your metabolism is higher and blood circulates faster. Thus the body has to cool out itself. Honestly, I wasn't sweating too much at first, though I had moments later... But I couldn't do anything about it. So, I used to change clothes, shower and antiperspirant.
    But the program, I've seen something online, not sure though what it is...

16. Stonie

Stonie New Member
    Registered

Dear Kelbel,

I can relate to your story. Please do not give up. Keep going. There are times when I felt like giving up but I read other members' threads and felt encouraged. I am on week 12 of using Duromine. I have lost only 8kgs since I started (starting weight 114kg). Although I haven't really noticed a big change in my body when I look in the mirror, I feel good from the daily 1hr brisk walk , I feel a bit more confident and fit. I feel I can continue even after Duromine. Good luck on this journey you have started. It can be done.You WILL evntually see change. There are lot's of living examples that it can be done. Be encouraged my dear.xxx

17. MJC2312

MJC2312 New Member
    Registered

Hi KB
    I feel ya pain, i to am going into my third week on Duromine, Im on the 40g, first week i lost 7kg, second week kg and so far this week nip nothing, as u I have changed my whole eating pattern, smaller portions etc, Im same at the moment no time for the gym, but am doing my normal clean of housing, running kids around etc. I to get obsessed with the scales so I have decided to let the doc weigh me on my fortnightly visits. It is hard I went from being so excited thinking I was going to loose 7kg each week and drop like 20kg by xmas, lol, just not gonna happen. I have also start liquid chlorphyll to help detox any nastys hoping that will help kick the loosing back in. I guess if we just stick to our good eating habits the weight will start coming off, but it is extremely frustrating when you are doing the right thing with no results.

MJC