38 and overweight! First time Durominer. Slow start!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Carolm79, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Carolm79

Carolm79 New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    hello! First timer here.
    I'm 38, 161cm, 92kg and miserable! I had all my bloods tested, heart tested and they cant find anything wrong with me - just fat.

I started taking Duromine 30mg on Wednesday and I haven't noticed any change.

Day one - I took the pill early on an empty stomach. I was as hungry as usual all day but ate smaller meals and stopped myself from snacking. Did notice dry mouth, bad breath and headache. Slept as usual.
    Day two - I took the pill at the same time. Again was a normal level of hungry. Again ate smaller meals and no snacks. Same dry mouth, bad breath and a killer headache and a bit feverish! So bad I put myself to bed really early. I had two panadol, 2 nurofen and 2 disprin (over a few hours) and nothing worked. Slept as usual.
    Day three - (today) - Again pill first thing. Still hungry. Haven't eaten much at all though as I'm concious that nothing is happening! I weighed myself today and no change at all. Mild headache and dry mouth again. Im a normal amount of tired this afternoon so will sleep as normal.

Also I haven't had any of this extra energy everyone seems to have. I could quite happily curl up into a hungry little ball and have a nap.

I've been reading all these crazy results in the first few days. Everyone says its water weight but why do I have to keep my water! Anyone else had NO change at all? Do I need stronger pills? Different pills? They gave me the option of Duromine or Saxenda. Should I maybe have gone the Saxenda?

I know its only day three and I've been really rational about that until I saw people losing 1.5kg on day one! Are you all doing something extra Im not savvy to? I want in! :D

2. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Hi @Carolm79 and welcome :). I am absolutely sure you will love the forums and the amount of info they provide - they are awesome!

Sometimes it does take a little while for the Duromine to start to take affect. Others need for it to build up in their body a little bit, while again some might feel the effects straight away :) its all individual!

If nothing has improved within 10 days and you are still feeling hungry - then I would visit my GP again asking about the 40mg tablets.

Have you started exercising? and what's your food plan for the day? cutting sugars or carbs? If you let us know maybe we can offer some suggestions :D

I also highly recommend downloading to your computer of phone some type of calorie tracking app. A lot of others use "my fitness pal" or me personally "lose it". It really helps narrow down your food into how much carbs, sugars, fats and proteins you are eating, making it a lot easier to keep track of. I actually thought I knew what I was eating before getting one of these apps, but I couldn't have been more wrong!! In all honesty some days I was out by more than 400 calories!

Water - is probably the cause of the headaches! I think you know if you aren't drinking enough you will get dehydrated and headaches can also be a sign of that. I struggled to get my water intake up, and I don't count any tea or coffee in my fluid intake. Have a look here https://duromineforum.com/threads/water-weight.15216/#post-39278 and I hope it helps!

Bad breath - depending on what you have cut from your daily food, could be ketosis :) Its where the body starts burning its fat stores because it has depleted the glycogen.

I think its a little too early to see if you should have maybe tried anything different - keep with it and see how you go :)

3. Carolm79

Carolm79 New Member
    Registered

Thanks for the reply :)

I’m using my fitness pal and sticking to 1200 cal max. I don’t normally eat terribly just too bigger portions. I can easily down a whole chicken! So I’m keeping that in check.

Water I am very good at! I always drink at least 1 litre a day. I’ve always been good at the water part.

I’m also using a walking app. Wwl_app. It gives you a daily exercise to lose x amount over 8 weeks and has cool tunes.

My husband has been a little unwell too and he’s not on the pills so I’m wondering if I just happened to come down with something same day as starting the pills. Hence the fever, headaches etc. I’ll see how it goes over the next few days.

But still no change in cms or weight for me yet but it’s only the start of day 4.
    Im due to get my period this week so that won’t help! Grrrrrr.

Rava likes this.
  4. Carolm79

Carolm79 New Member
    Registered

moved over to blog - dont know how to delete this one :) Come visit me there.

TeeDee67 and Rava like this.