1. Hi Guest, please read about new forum structure
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Live chat was removed from the Home page of the forum. You can access it in the Shoutbox section.
    Dismiss Notice

30mg. Journey begins

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lisa Kate, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Lisa Kate

Lisa Kate New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Begging weight: 93.5
    Current weight: 90.8
    Goal Weight: 65

So two days ago I went to my doctor to talk about my weight. At 94 kilos I hate my body and the way I look. I have always been big but in 2012 I went on a weight loss journey and lost 25 kilo through hard work and was a happy 62k but after depression and work got in the way I stacked it back on and got up to 95 kilo and it just has not budeged no matter what i do. My doctor was hesitant to prescribe it to me as it seemed I had high blood pressure (I think it may have been from gym before DR) he gave me 1 month script and then I have to have blood pressure tested again.

I would like to lose 20k by the new year so aiming for 7 kilos a month (whether Duromine is prescribed after this or not)

Day 1: No real side affects apart from lots of energy and not getting much sleep. Manged to go lap swimming for an hour and feeling good. I eat bannana and egg for brekkie. Meal replacement shake. Chicken salad for dinner. Soup in my thermos as snacks

Day 2: Lost 1.2 kilo probably water weight. Still get hungry often but find I can eat a healthy amount and be full. 1 hr at the gym.

Day 3: Sleeping is fine now but I get headaches and a pounding heart which is not enjoyable. Will try to increase water intake to see if that helps currently drinking 2 litres a day. Food intake meal replacement shake and slads with chicken plus fruit and veggies for snacks. Want to make sure I am getting the right amount of calories as I want this to last.

Wouldnlove some help and encouragement as I want ro be accountable to someone.

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Lisa! You are so welcome to this Duromine community! It is always such a huge pleasure to see one more person who is willing and ready for a life-changing journey, especially when the plan is to maintain the results achieved. BRAVO!

Very happy that despite high pressure at the doc’s appointment, your exercising went well and you did not feel any faster heartbeat. However, if the pounding heart is something that you start feeling often, you need to monitor your condition while exercising and better start with some lower loads to see how your heart reacts to them. Hopefully, it will be ok. Btw, swimming is among my favorites for weight loss, so if you can stick to it – it’ll do you a huge favor – will help you avoid sagging skin as you keep losing weight.

As for the nutrition… sounds rather ok. Still, I didn’t see any grains there (you can even have some popcorn without salt and butter – it’s good – to snack on). or add some crunch to your chicken salad with some croutons made of wholegrain bread cooked on a dry pan. DO you add any dressing to your salad? Olive oil? If you try to avoid it – don’t. You do need some healthy fats, and you can get them from olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds (careful with the amount of all these though).

All in all, you seem to know what you are doing and I keep my fingers crossed for your success. I have a feeling that you came here for a good reason and you will get to your goal. Best of luck to you, Lisa!

3. Beth

Beth New Member
    Registered

Hi Lisa!

You are a very similar height/weight to me when i started about 4 months back.

Good luck with the duromine - i had no side effects the whole time so fingers crossed yours settle down.

Make sure you track your calories as i found this made me more accountable than just estimating in my mind - i have been using myfitness pal!

Good luck with it all - i have a post somewhere if you want to have a look (i have no idea how to link it!).

Exercise was key for me as well not just for burning food but also the support system i found with group training!

April likes this.
  4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Lisa! How are you doing? Still going on Duromine?

• Like us on Facebook