30 with health problems

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Amanda30, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Amanda30

Amanda30 New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    175cm
    Goal Weight:
    Today I started Duromine 30mg. My doctor has given me two months worth.

I have tried gym and “healthy eating” for 5 months with no loss. I now have gallstones and I have a lot of belly fat and it makes it difficult to put shoes on or cut toenails and went to the doctors for help.

I was on duromine 3 years ago with no diet and exercise and lost 5kg so hoping with gym daily I can loose more.

Rava, Shellmac and Louise Kaye like this.
  2. Ashleigh7441

Ashleigh7441 New Member
    Registered

Best of luck with your second run on Duromine!

I was in the same boat. Followed a diet of 1200 calories, and did cardio and weights 4 - 5 times a week, and the weight refused to shift. If anything, my weight started to increase. Duromine has been my saving grace!

I definitely suggest a food and exercise diary, be that a written journal or an app like My Fitness Pal. Take it with you to each weigh in, so that your doctor can see what you are doing.

I hope that you get the results you're looking for, and the health problems start to disappear :)

Rava likes this.
  3. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

Awesome advice from @Ashleigh7441 :)

My food diary has been the most important thing in learning how many calories I was actually eating and drinking! It also gave me fantastic insight into the breakdown of carbs, fats and sugars and from these I have been able to tailor my eating around what works for me.

@Amanda30 cant wait to read your updates :)

4. Amanda30

Amanda30 New Member
    Registered

Not eating enough food is my problem. Even before duromine. I’ve not eaten breakfast for 15-20 years. Lunch is only small (high school I never ate lunch) and dinner is meat and veg or just veg.

Would adding in a good protein drink benefit? Dieticians try to give me meal plans containing egg which I can’t eat, red meat, not a fan, I don’t have any breads in my diet, I don’t snack/eat sugary lollies.

Really don’t know what to do with the food department so considering ordering “lite n easy” dinners

5. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Amanda30 - I hear you about breakfast!! I have had to basically retrain myself as I never ever ate it either.

I think the protein drink would definitely help. I did this and and started off using it as my breakfast, then added in (food I had to chew) slowly.

I found making things like oats with nuts and yoghurt - the night before (and refrigerated) also helped me be more prepared, as I had something ready to just grab and eat.

This link here; https://www.eatthis.com/high-protein-breakfast-no-eggs/. Has some great breakfast recipes that aren't egg based (Its American based, but you can get similar products here in Aust) :)

6. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

7. Amanda30

Amanda30 New Member
    Registered

Thanks Rava.

Well Day 5 update: down 5kg to 105kg... confused because I weighed my self 24 hours ago (4:30pm) and I was 109kg.

Last night around 2/3am I woke up drenched in sweat so had a shower and back to bed. Woke up at 7:30am and weighed myself 105kg... did I loose 4kg in sweat had a day at work, drinking water and lots of walking (hospitality life yay) came home expecting to go back to 109kg... nope still 105kg.

Rava likes this.
  8. Ashleigh7441

Ashleigh7441 New Member
    Registered

Well done!!

Weight will always be different depending on the time of day. If you weigh in the evening, you're likely to be heavier on the scale. True weight is reflected in the morning right after you pee.

I hope the sweating was a once off for you! Good luck moving forward :)

9. Amanda30

Amanda30 New Member
    Registered

My fault Ashleigh I LOVE to wrap myself up at night except last night I turned my electric blanket on and fell asleep before I turned it off! Weighed myself again just before and still 105kg brand new scales so hope they are correct

Rava likes this.
  10. Amanda30

Amanda30 New Member
    Registered

Well I’m in Week 3 and still 105kg.

Any ideas to boost the weight loss again?

11. Ashleigh7441

Ashleigh7441 New Member
    Registered

Hey Amanda,

What have you done over the last week? Any changes to diet or exercise? Are you close to your cycle?

If things haven't changed there, its good to keep in mind that some people don't lose weight in week 2, 3 or 4. The drug works differently for everyone. For me, I actually picked up 400g in week 3, and had no changes - still good diet and exercise.

Maybe take a day off Duromine, and start it again to see if that kick starts anything for you! Alternatively, you could always discuss a higher dosage with your doctor :)

12. Amanda30

Amanda30 New Member
    Registered

I took the weekend off Duromine as I wasnt going to be as active as during the week (non physical job on weekends). I have the implanon so I dont get periods. I have had no change in diet or exercise so going to do a bit extra this week. Although, I took my pill at 7am this morning and I have dry mouth, I didnt have that last week so might see some changes again. Fingers Crossed, would love to get under 100 - ideally 95 before New Years.

13. Amanda30

Amanda30 New Member
    Registered

Have stopped weighing myself for now but decided to do my measurements.
    Down 5cm from my belly button
    Down 6cm on my bust
    Down 7cm from natural waist

Just goes to show it’s not all in the scales

April and Rava like this.
  14. Ashleigh7441

Ashleigh7441 New Member
    Registered

Amazing work!! You must feel so pleased!

15. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

That is fantastic!!!! @Amanda30

April likes this.