3 month run down as I go...

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by FitIn13, Apr 2, 2013.

1. FitIn13

FitIn13 New Member
    Registered

Hello Everyone,

I have decided to post after reading MANY threads and blogs that almost always stop, without a word of why and I am left wondering if they stopped taking duromine, if they kept the weight off, etc... So! This will be a 3 month run down of my experience on duromine and if for some reason, I stop taking it then I will let you know!

I have had a few side effects but nothing terrible. Had a couple of headaches and so far water fixes them. Had some issues with very un-regular bowel movements and I am pretty sure (but will let you know) that putting pure bran on my cereal has helped that. I don't have any sleep issues at all. I have a pretty busy schedule with my toddler for 8 hours a day before full time evening shift work plus part time Uni so by the time I get into bed, I am out! I have had nausea twice in the first week, day 2 and day 7. My appetite has not gone, possibly on the first day but I am still eating without any issues. The terrible junk food cravings have gone though! I have 3 meals and 2-3 snacks. I am eating healthy snacks and for lunch and dinner, healthy meals in smaller than previous portions, eg. Stir fry chicken and veg with a small serve of brown rice or wholegrain pasta bake with tuna and cottage cheese. I joined the duromine living lite program and it says that for my weight and height and goal weight that I should be having 2000cal a day. That's pretty easily done. I don't want to eat like a bird and then stop the tablets and pile it all back on because my metabolism will be stuffed! Also, very scared about loose, saggy skin so I don't want to lose the weight too fast.

I have started a multivitamin, zinc (helps with stretchmarks etc) and omegas as well as kelp for fluid retention and thyroid. My thyroid is low but my Dr won't medicate until it levels out and at the moment it keeps spiking. Hence, giving me the duromine! Looking at getting MSM powder too as I read that it helps skin elasticity.

So, last week was my first week. I only exercised twice on the cross trainer so as of today I am starting the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred. If I don't report back then it killed me... joke!

Some info -
    Female -31 yrs
    Height - 173 cm
    Dosage - 30mg
    Starting Weight - 103kg
    Goal Weight - 70kg

Starting date 26/03/13 - Weight 103kg
    Current loss 02/04/13 - 2.5kg (100.5kg)
    Current measurements as of 02/04/13 - Hips 113cm, Waist 102cm, Chest 115cm.

Good luck to everyone! See you in a week!

2. Nattynat

Nattynat Member
    Registered

goooooooooooood luck Fitin 13
    you will do great:) congratulations on your loss wow and it's only been one week yay i'm so happy for you :)

3. Ambie

Ambie New Member
    Registered

Good Luck :)

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Good luck to you darling and welcome to our forum family!
    It was a pleasure to read your story, since it contains the right ideas, thoughts and goals!
    Thanks for sharing. I see, you have taken all the measures to reach your goal and not to gain any bad consequences.
    I hope we'll see all good in a week from you!

xxx
    Kate

Leigh'sgottalottolose likes this.
  5. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Leigh'sgottalottolose Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi everyone, it day three for me on Duromine, day 1 ,headache, and thirsty ,dry mouth non stop the whole day, drank a litre of water before 10 am... ate the same as I always did before , but ate less..had my tablet at 7am, but only went to bed at 12pm, if it was not for my eyes feeling so tired and dry I do not think I would have slept that night, I had such a buzz and energy like I have not had since I was 26 yrs old{now 45} lol spring cleaned the whole house ..

Day 2 ,no headache, and not hungry , drank loads of water, but not as thirsty as the day before{could be from not being so active} , energy level not as high as first day, but did not feel tired when i woke up, I usually get 7 hours of sleep ,and wake up dog tired , now on Duromine I am only sleeping 5 hours ,and waking up ready for the day , could not finish my lunch today ,that is a first!! and it is weekend, and we had BBQ with the family and desert, I saved my dessert for dinner, and ate no dinner, had a cup of herb tea instead, again a first for me skipping dinner , slept well but again only got to bed at 11:30pm.....

Day 3, slept well again being Sunday I only woke up at 7:30am so I got in a good 8 hours sleep ! ,woke up refreshed and ready for today , thought I would be starving as I had no dinner the night before, but coffee was enough till 10 am , and then ate a very small breakfast, had my water ,and still feel energised for the day, will se how luch and dinner go today , so far so good, just concerned that I might be eating too few calories ? Will start gym on Monday, with the eating plan, Got on the scale Friday Morning to log in my weight before the program, and measured myself as well...

Today day 3 GOT ON THE SCALE JUST TO SEE ,if I lost weight ,as I could feel in my fingers and face ,that I am not so swollen/bloated, AND TO MY SURPRISE , I have lost 1kg, but think it is water retention for now .... Hoping to see and feel results soon on my body and in my body, and making this a way of life soon where food does not rule my mind and stomach anymore..have a gr8 week everyone !!

#5 Leigh'sgottalottolose, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  6. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred REALLY works - it is HARD:eek:, but you will see results in the first week, I also did it. GOOD LUCK!;);)

7. gemma marshall

gemma marshall New Member
    Registered

I to have also been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred..it's insane but you feel so good afterwards. I am hoping the use of weights will help tone my body and also help with my skin. Good Luck xx

8. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Leigh, you seem to be doing all the right things, and have a good mindset about it all, so you should see great results! Wonderful that you do not have any nasty side effects. Good luck, and keep us posted;)

9. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Very true Gemma, some days I honestly do not feel like doing the workout, but then I feel "low" - it does give a rush and give me loads of energy for the day. Amazing how our bodies know what it needs, even if we do not always feel like doing it, haha. Got hubby to commit to it as well, so we will be starting together from next week, and can encourage each other not to be lazy and skip days.

10. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Registered

Thank you Audrey, ye very thankful I only have a dry throat ,and no other side effects, just wondering what a good weight loss is a week? ,I will be weighing myself tomorrow{Friday} and was really hoping to have lost 2 kg , is that too much too soon? for the first week? , next week will be a very different week for me, as I have decided to cut back on carbs for dinner and exercise 5 days a week for 45 minutes ,I am a little worried about not losing steadily in the next few weeks, as every time I have exercised in the past and been on an eating plan, I plateau, and it is frustrating when one has so much weight to lose , any tips on that ??

11. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Leigh, you are fortunate not to have any side effects. As far as weight loss is concerned, every body is different, and I believe any loss is a GOOD loss! Some people lose around 3 to 4 kg a week, others 1kg. I lose around 5kg per month, and to me that is great. Personally I do believe in a low carb diet, but once again all people are different, and what works for the one does not necessarily for the other.
    See how it goes with the weigh in, start your exercise routine and if you are not happy with it you can always change. Also remember that muscles weight more than fat, so remember to take measurements, you may loose more cm than kg!
    Good luck and let me know how it went with the weigh in;)

12. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Registered

Hi Audrey, weighed in on friday, lost 1kg, but also started PMS , a little unhappy that I lost so little but on the other hand, it is a loss, not a gain ...Decided to get on the scale this morning, Monday, as i exercised on Sunday for the first time and ate all my calories for the day {1200}, and I have lost another 900g.. so do not want to get too excited as with being pms and all it could just be my body fluctuating, so will wait for Friday to see exactly what my weight will be after pms and a week of exercise and 1200 calories a day ..Will take measurements on friday too. thank you for all your encouragement..

13. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Registered

Hi everyone, I decided to stop Duromine for a day, well first thing that went was the dry mouth,then by midday ,I had run out of the energy buzz I had for the past 10 days ,I did sleep well though, but woke up feeling my normal tired self, got through breakfast and lunch , no problem, and by dinner, I wanted MORE than usual, this was such a big test for me ,I knew right then that I am NOT ready to do this on my own, I thought I was able to just continue eating my small portions {1200cal} a day ,as it was my Birthday on Sunday, and it was the first time I have NEVER had cake on my birthday ,haha ,AS it would have been far too many calories ,and I was so proud of myself for making good choices , yet I am not mentally ready to give up Duromine so soon.

Took my Duromine this morning ,got my dry mouth and a little bit of light headedness , and ate breakfast and feeling full, and satisfied, This is not a game, I have been playing games with my health and my mind and body for so long now, thinking I can "cheat the system" is such a waste of time, energy and money, I really do hope that in three weeks time,Duromine will have helped me to help myself, I also realise now that just maybe I will need to stay on Duromine for three months instead of just a month... This is going to be a battle that I want and need to win, I REALLY JUST NEEDED to be shown that I am not as strong as I think right now, even though I am eating right, and exercising, I am not mentally strong enough yet to TRUST myself ,by listening to my body WHEN my body tells me I AM FULL ENOUGH ...

It has also shown me that I AM IMPATIENT , and I want quick results and fast ...not seeing more than 1kg loss this week really has affected me ,I need to accept that this is going t o take time and that no week is the same, I really do need this forum and everything you ALL share might not be for me always, or I might not be on the same page ,or stage as you ALL, but I do identify with many of the things you ALL do share and are going through and for now that needs to be enough for me,I ALWAYS TEND TO PUT THE BAR TO HIGH for myself, such a learning curve this one skipped day of Duromine has been for me, I am praying now that I can endure , my mental battle with myself ,about my weight, or it will be the death of me...

#13 Leigh'sgottalottolose, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  14. Smick

Smick Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks for your last post Leigh.
    I am seriously thinking of having a day off as I have been an emotional wreck the last week and I think it might be good to have a decent solid nights sleep.
    Your post has given me an indication of what to expect and I really don't think I am ready.
    I know that the D is going to be a long term prospect. With 40-50 kg to lose it is going to be many months.
    I have been thinking that a day off will not be so hard, but now I think that I will probably go off the rails and that will be a set back :confused: . I have a friend who has some 15mg capsules left over from her attempt at D, that she is going to give me. I might just wait till I get those and see if alternating the 30mg with the 15mg for a day or two helps.

15. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Registered

YE Smick, We have loads of weight to lose, and I am pacing myself now that this not going to be easy but it IS DOABLE, AND WE CAN DO THIS, I have decided to start with just losing 30kg and once I achieve that will do the next 10kg as my next goal , and i shared this info with you all because, it is normal for us to just want that one good nights deep sleep I think, especially if we going to be on this long term as you say, but to be honest, I cannot say that that ONE nights deep sleep was worth, a mentally and physically exhausted day.. So I AM BACK on track today, and must say, I am glad to be "back" on a path that is going to keep me on the right track, and the longer I endure the better it can only get , and we will have heaps of time after goal weight to get ALL that deep rest we desiring so badly , let me know how it goes on your 15mg, as I did not think of that, and maybe after a 5kg or 10 kg loss MY doctor might recommend the 15mg dose for me .Thanks for sharing Smick, keep going we can beat this thing !! We have to right ?

shellyisme likes this.
  16. Smick

Smick Well-Known Member
    Registered

TBH I would be glad to get under 100 kg but I have set myself a long term goal of getting comfortably in the healthy weight range.
    I have many goals:
    Weekly - any loss, but greater than 1kg makes me happy
    Short term - 10 kilos (almost there)
    Then - Under 100kg
    Medium term - Keep losing each week.
    Continual - Get my BMI from (Morbidly) Obese III > Obese II > Obese I > Overweight > Healthy
    Long Term and Ultimate Goal - Maintain a healthy weight long term

Along with these goals comes a plan:
    Starting with Duromine 30mg, Lite'n'easy breakfasts & lunches plus small dinner.
    Add in exercise and drink more water.
    Reduce Duromine to 15mg, then alternate days, then no Duromine.
    At the same time...
    Reduce reliance on L&E and do my own meal planning.

It seems like a long way off before I can do most of this. But every step is a step closer.
    It helps so much to be able to talk about it here and keep on track with other people who understand.

17. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Leigh, sometimes our forum is a help, sometimes a discouragement...because some people lose great weight, the others don't. I think you should consider every single kilogram as a great loss since it is still a loss not a gain :)
    Yes, you are right - it is a very long-term process, took me almost two years to see drastic change in myself. And the very first step towards your goal - is acceptance. Set real goals and don't be too demanding on yourself. No matter what we do, we should live in peace with ourselves.

Smick, your goals and plan are very mature. Like I said, we should accept any difficulties and set realistic goals. As you do. It is very important, ladies, that you take it so seriously. I think in a month, we'll congratulate you both on achieving your first mini goal! :)
    Have a great day!

#17 Kate, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  18. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Leigh, even a 900g loss is a GOOD LOSS, and with PMS you are usually more bloated, so you may be surprised to see a bigger loss next week! It does take time for you to get into a routine of eating less. I have been taking Duromine for just over 4 months, and was only able to skip a day here and there until well into my second month. Now I sometimes forget to take a pill, but only realize it much, much later in the day, so do not be too hasty, and do not try to experiment too much. You are doing great, keep at it!;)

19. shellyisme

shellyisme Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks for being so honest girls.. We are all on a journey which is going to challenge us... We are the CEO 's of our life's and we will make mistakes some days and other days we will win the battle :) I guess for me I'm not thinking to far in advance just taking each day as it comes and then celebrating my win at the end of the week ... Cause if you stay the same weight loss a few grams or have an amazing loss of kgs ... You have won :)

20. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Registered

I LOVE THIS FORUM !!!!!!... You all get me up and going every day, First thing after my coffee in the morning is reading all your posts of encouragement and how you all progressing , it really helps me focus on my goals and challenges each day, Thank you for all your advice ,may you all have a positive week ahead, :)