2nd time round!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tarah.m, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Tarah.m

Tarah.m New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi everyone, I have decided to go back on duromine, I was on it for 1 month back in 2015 and went from 104kg to 94kg.
    I decided that I need some help after losing 20kg on my own last year I went from 98kg to 79kg and the weight came back once I started contraception (I gained 20kg in 8 weeks)
    I took my first pill yesterday and was very surprised when I didn't experience the symptoms like I had the first time on duromine in 2015.
    No racing heart, no feeling of a 'hit', no dry mouth, I was actually thinking I wasn't affected by it as I had some hunger... until I went to bed.. I didn't sleep well Ahaha.
    I went from 96kg to 95kg overnight so fingers crossed.
    Yesterday I took a body scan and I learnt I have 49kg of fat on me!!!
    My arms have 5kg of fat and 2.6kg of muscle, I will do another scan in 3 months time as this will help me keep on track.
    I'm also waiting to see a dietitian. I've had enough of being fat and unhealthy, before I had my baby I was 56kg whhhaaat. Really aiming to keep the weight off.
    I'll post again in a weeks time :)

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Tarah! SO happy to see such a purposeful new member here! You managed to lose 20 kg on your own WOW!

Fingers crossed that Duromine helps you and that that dietitian is a highly professional one! Wish you lots of success and hope that you will get all the good effects of Duromine without the bad ones. Have a great week!

3. Tarah.m

Tarah.m New Member
    Registered

No idea if anyone will see my thread or what not, but I'll post on this about my journey to keep me accountable and motivated.
    DAY 12 UPDATE!
    So after a week on D I went from 96kg to 94kg. (Last drop in weight was day 4) Since day 4 I didn't move on the scales however I track my measurements, and I am indeed losing CM'S!!! Which is more appealing to me than the scales.
    Stomach started at 123cm and on day 10 it was 117cm SIX CENTER METERS OFF!
    Yay!
    Bust was 112cm and now it's 107cm
    Waist was 96cm now it's 91cm

But guess what happened on day 11?
    Finally, finally! The scales went down, 93.4kg YES!

This week has been nothing but research and education for me! I've learnt heaps about weight and food and everything in between.

I'm feeling good!
    However there is bound to be some weeks where I've gained, and that's ok, it's fine as long as I "just keep swimming, just keep swimming".
    Suuuupppper important to not be discouraged, because I'm (we) are in it for the long run, we want to be healthy and that takes time.
    Ok enough talking, "I'll be back"

Rava, CSA, April and 1 other person like this.
  4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

CONGRATULATIONS, dear!

Tarah.m likes this.