24/7 mom needs some help

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by SimoneC3, Aug 21, 2018.

1. SimoneC3

SimoneC3 New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone.
    I am very new to this forum & I will not lie, a bit nervous. I’ve been on 15mg Duromine for 1mnth & then 30mg Duromine for just over a month & a bit. My problem was that I was not a good eater to start off with, so my metabolism was shot! The GP has prescribed me the Duromine. I also started doing 2 Nuzest protein shakes a day & a small, clean dinner. I battle with depression so I am on meds for that, all done WITH my GP’s approval. So far I’ve lost 5kgs only. Doing all the above & drinking 2+Litres if water a day. 5kgs doesn’t seem that much in comparison to other people I’ve read about & it’s so disheartening I’m wondering if I need to try the 40mg but I believe that NZ doesn’t stock that strength. Any ideas please??
    Thanks so much.

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello Simone! You see, the fact that other people lose more kilos, doesn’t mean that you should give up and feel down. The weight loss rate depends on so many factors, starting with your initial stats and eating behavior, ending with other meds that you take. For example, many antidepressants can cause weight gain. Since you are on these, your weight loss may be hindered… though of course it doesn’t mean that you should stop taking them. Duromine can aggravate mental conditions, so no playing here.

Besides, you mentioned that your metabolism has shot, so… sometimes, your body needs time to get it back to a normal rate.

In addition, I did not notice any mention of physical activity. If you did not increase it, you should. If you’re not into long walks, jogs, etc, you can opt for truly short trainings. There are zillions of options on youtube, which last 5-10 minutes and give you a huge metabolic boost. No wasting lots of time, but working you’re a.. off – and you’re good! =))

As for switching to 40mg.. it usually only makes sense when the appetite suppression is gone.

3. SimoneC3

SimoneC3 New Member
    Registered

Thank you April. I guess my main concern was that the GP wouldn’t be happy with that loss & want me to stop
    The plan is to do more physical activities & maybe try more water? I actually have found I feel pretty “stable” mood wise on the Duromine, I guess I am lucky in that sense. I wish I could try the 40mg, not sure how I would go about getting it. Thanks for your reply!

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

You can try more water, though, i believe, your current intake is quite ok. When you exercise, of course, you should drink more.
    You know, you can try alternating your calories. I mean, eat the same approx. 1200 calories for 5 days, and switch to 1500 OR 800 for two days, then continue with 1200. it works for some people, and helps chock their body a little.
    As for 40mg in NZ, I am not sure... sorry. But we have two sellers here, in the category SELL, they are pinned and marked with green as approved. not sure though whether they deliver to NZ.

SimoneC3 likes this.