2 weeks and no weight loss

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Sheltie, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Sheltie

Sheltie New Member
    Registered

I'm unable to exercise to any degree due to physical disabilities and have gradually over time put on weight to a stage it's very uncomfortable.

I started on Metermine 30mg two weeks ago but it hasn't changed anything and I'm wondering why I haven't lost any weight. I eat healthy and have two glasses of wine with dinner at night and no junk food at all.

I was on Duromine two years ago and lost 4 kg in a month.

Could anyone possible tell me why this hasn't worked this time? It's very depressing. :(

2. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Hi Sheltie,
    Could it be that the 30mg is not strong enough?
    Also, your saying you eat healthy, but are you eating SMALL portions throughout the day? If your only have 1 meal a day then your body will hold onto it as it goes into starvation mode... Maybe write up your daily intake and also the portion size.
    Keep going at it.
    I understand that due to physical disability you may not be able to do excercise, just keep ur spirit high. Even if you can get some small weights for your hands/arms??? any little thing can help?

3. Sheltie

Sheltie New Member
    Registered

This is the size I was given, so I'm unsure of other sizes.

My meals are usually small and consist of the same thing for breakfast and lunch daily.
    Breakfast is a bowl of oatbran, oats, a few raisins, skim milk and a llittle yoghurt.
    Morning tea is usually a small glass of tomato juice and a few cashews
    Lunch is a wrap with grated lettuce, light cheese, beetroot, carrot and light mayo.
    Afternoon tea is a banana and a cup of green tea.
    Dinner is varied but not fatty foods and I'm always checking the food labels as to contents.
    I also drink quite a lot of water throughout the day.
    I never eat fried foods or much bread.
    I've kept a diary which, on checking, says I'm eating the correct amounts required daily.
    Will definitely give the arm exercises a go, thankyou for that.
    I'll continue on though.
    Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate it

4. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Thats great!
    only other thing i can think of is, halfing each meal, eating half then eating the second half in an hour - this will ensure you metabolism is constantly working.
    Good luck withit :)

5. Sheltie

Sheltie New Member
    Registered

I've finished the course now. I had very small meal sizes, occasionally skipping lunch and drinking up to 2 litres of water a day. End result was no urseweight loss at all and I'm very disappointed. At $150 I just can't afford to buy another course as I'm on a pension. I'd really blown the budget with this in the hope it'd shed some kilos but I just hope others have far better success than I did.

6. Kini

Kini New Member
    Registered

Hey :)
    What is Metermine? Is it similar to Duromine?