1st timer, but no results yet

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by onelove, May 28, 2012.

1. onelove

onelove New Member
    Registered

hi!

i've been on duromine for 1 week but sadly, i have not lost any weight! not even 100grams!

i take 3 meals a day, a fruit for breakfast, a bit of carbs for lunch, chicken and veg, and no carbs for dinner, usually just some fish or chicken with tofu and veg.
    i also brisk walked 4 times in the past week for 40 minutes!

i do feel hungry at times but i get full really fast which is why just a bit of tofu and veg is enough for me.

but today i weighed myself and nothing! no results!

has this happened to anyone?

i'm on 30mg btw.

2. first timer

first timer New Member
    Registered

Hi, hang in there, it will work. How's your water intake going?

3. onelove

onelove New Member
    Registered

thanks for your reply! that helps to encourage me a little :)

i'm downing water like crazy, dry mouth all the time. but especially with all the brisk walking and all the water i am losing through sweat, i have been drinking more.
    but realised i'm also constipated. have increased my fruits intake to try to combat this.

but i guess i am one of the luckier ones because those are the only side effects i have.

4. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

How much exercise are you doing?

5. onelove

onelove New Member
    Registered

for the past week i had 5 days of brisk walking of 40 to 50 mins each, and 3 days light 20 mins workouts (lunges, sit ups, inclined push ups, squats...)

6. Mika

Mika New Member
    Registered

Hi

Thanks for the kind words on my thread. I don't know how much you need to / or are trying to lose but I've noticed that the least amount of kgs to lose the harder it is. Also it seems that you might be building muscle from all the exercise you're doing. If you work out too much, you will not lose any weight, you will actually tone fat!! Be weary of this. Maybe change your routine to working out just 3 times a week (the walking and workouts combined) and gradually increasing from there. Stay positive! :D

Cheers
    Mika

7. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

My brother is a a bit of a gym junkie, and he said the same thing to me. Do mainly cardio to lose weight, and then work on building muscle by doing weights. I haven't bothered to do sit ups/push ups while on duromine, but I will eventually do them. I do some weights at the gym to work on my thighs, but nothing for my abs yet. I have a yoga dvd which I was doing before I was on duromine, and that helped with a bit of strength and flexibility, but I haven't had time to do it yet! I guess coz every body is different, the drug works in different ways. I hope it kicks in for you soon!

Whats your daily schedule like? Do you work? Study?

8. onelove

onelove New Member
    Registered

Thanks Mika and Swann!

yeah i think i will cut down on the workouts a bit and stick to more of the walking for now.

i'm working! so usually i do a brisk walk home from work. on my better days i can do it in 40 mins. lazier days takes me 50 minutes :)

i'm actually trying to lose 18kg! i'm barely 150 and i'm 67kg so the doctor advised that for my height i need to be below 50kg. today marks exactly 1 week on duromine for me, i think instead of purely looking at weight loss, i'm also going to measure myself and see if there are any cm loss. that might encourage me a little especially if i have been putting on muscles with all the things i have been doing :)

nevertheless, i would like to see the numbers dropping!

9. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

Working must make it difficult because you are probably tired at the end of the day to do a hard workout. I'm lucky in that respect, with my uni timetable I can go to the gym in the morning or the arvo. I need to lose 15-18kg, so we are kinda in the same boat! Do the measuring thing. I think I might start doing that too.

10. onelove

onelove New Member
    Registered

yeah normally by the time i reach home all i wanna do is lie in bed. but with D, i don't feel tired easily so i find the walk home refreshing. was even thinking of adding in a walk in the morning before work since i can't seem to sleep past 7am anymore.

i hope we both hit our target weight!

11. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

Even if I'm up at 5am... I don't want to get out of my warm bed! :)