1st Time Duromine - 40mg

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Amelie, Jun 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Amelie

Amelie New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    84.8kg
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    179cm
    Lost:
    0kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    DAY 1

Hey guys,

---Warning: Looongg ass post ahead---

So I actually joined this forum 3 years ago and never got around to actually getting duromine for various reasons, but it has always been at the back of my mind. Like most people here (I imagine?) I've been overweight my entire life, with some weight loss successes but ultimately gaining the weight back again.
    I'm the type of person that really needs to see some solid progress before being able to commit to something, and that's the plan with duromine, I'll lose the majority/all of the weight I want to lose using it, and then I'll be able to commit to a much healthier lifestyle that I'll want to maintain. I think I'll be so much more confident, have a lot more energy and just be a happier person at a healthy weight. My periods could become regular and I might even be able to break out of my shell some more in social situations.

I saw a bulk billing gp that was recommended on here by someone, and he was great. He wont just give it out to anybody - he'll make sure you're a worthy candidate by listening to your story, making sure that you can actually maintain a healthy lifestyle, perform blood tests to test kidney function, thyroid, insulin, etc and take your blood pressure. Then you have to come in regularly so that he can assess your progress. I'm happy to do this because I think this kind of support is whats needed for the weight loss to be healthy and most importantly, sustainable. If you really want the name of the gp, message me. I'm not going to post it up here because I'm sure the last thing he wants is a ton of random people rushing at him begging him for duromine - he will know something is up.

So after making sure everything is A-ok, to my surprise I was prescribed 40mg duromine (but I opted for the generic brand at the pharmacy, metermine, since the only difference is literally just the name). I always imagined myself starting with 30mg and quite frankly I was a bit nervous to try the 40mg due to the side effects but I have taken it 4 hours ago from writing this post and I feel no different excluding that I was able to get up out of bed easily for once - I set my alarm for 6am to take it and then went back to sleep for an hour - and so far I'm not hungry whatsoever, but am forcing myself to eat a nice breakfast.

(I had to go out, and am now continuing my post at night). So a few of the adverse effects that I felt at work was being more irritable than usual and my scalp gets tingly intermittently which I'm not liking so much because it makes me feel colder, and it's cold enough right now! I'm also worried that I wont be able to sleep tonight, that's probably the worst side effect in my opinion. If I don't sleep well tonight, I'll probably just take a tablet once every two days instead of every day since the half life of this drug is meant to be between 20-25 hours so it can pretty much last that long anyway, has anyone tried this and did it work out?

That's it for now, you're a very patient person if you read this far... I promise my next posts wont be as long as this one!

Current Weight: 84.8kg
    Goal Weight Range: 65 - 70kg

suzielee and babbles like this.
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello Amelie! Very nice to see that you finally decided to step your foot and make a real change in your habits to become healthier, stronger and more confident of the way you look and feel in public. I am sure that you can succeed, with all your determination in place and I wish you a successful weight loss journey!
    Many users prefer taking Duromine once in two days for two reasons: 1. to have a more decent sleep, or 2. they feel the appetite suppression the next day, as well, so no need for the pill the next day.

I am sure you will figure out the best way for you to take Duromine and fingers crossed for a good night's sleep for you. And have a great weekend!

Amelie likes this.
  3. Amelie

Amelie New Member
    Registered

Hi April, thank you! I'll see how I go regarding sleep, find out in the next blog post haha ;) Have a great weekend too x

April likes this.
  4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hi Amelie! How was your weekend? How was your sleep? Any positive changes?

5. Amelie

Amelie New Member
    Registered

I was just about to post my last 3 days but I think I closed the window without posting it! I'll have to write it out again. My weekend was good, here's the day to day update:

DAY 2

I slept like a baby last night, my boyfriend made the joke that nothing can get in the way of my sleep yesterday and I think he was right. I decided not to take another pill this morning and see how I went, and I think that this will work for me since there weren't as many adverse effects as yesterday but my appetite was suppressed for the entire day. However I went to a party and indulged in cake, cider, fried chicken, some things from the cheese platter... you get the picture. I wasn't hungry but the food was delicious and I don't regret a thing since I had such a small lunch before that of lentils, egg and avocado and nothing else the whole day.

Current Weight: 84.2kg
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    DAY 3

I paid for that party last night in a gain of 0.2kg but that's not too bad considering I'd normally gain more than that in that situation. I took my pill at 8am today because apparently I pressed snooze on my 6am alarm without any memory of doing so.. :p I had 2 boiled eggs and black tea with milk for breakfast, half a tangello for lunch and fried rice with steamed vegetables for dinner. My boyfriend was a bad influence and we snacked on potato chips since he was really craving something salty, I should have been strong and just said no! But overall a good day.

Current Weight: 84.4kg
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DAY 4

I have managed to lose a whole kilo in under a week! I'm pretty impressed to say the least since I really haven't been trying (as you can OBVIOUSLY see from my previous days diary), so I think I'll start trying some more now. I haven't noticed a faster heart rate or any palpitations at all so I'm going to assume its safe to start doing some cardio - I was too scared to die from a heart attack or something from working out on such a high dosage lol. I went for a fast-paced 20 minute walk in a hilly area and went out for breakfast which consisted of bao sliders and a matcha latte. Didn't have anything for lunch and dinner will be a small steak and lots of steamed vegetables for olive oil and lemon juice. I might have some tea with honey or something later but I wont have any dessert or anything like that. I've also decided it was high time to plan out my reward system for weight loss milestones, so here they are:
    80kg: Foot and/or back massage at LeLux.
    75kg: Prescription sunglasses (not sure if this is truly a reward since I really need them to drive anyway so I might update this later)
    70kg: New work shoes and pants (I also kindaaa need these too? I'm bad at this :rolleyes:)
    65kg: Buy 3 new bras (D or DD size at this point maybe?? All the cute bras are this size or lower)

Current Weight: :D 83.8kg :D

6. Amelie

Amelie New Member
    Registered

Also I'm going to continue this on my blog from now on since I think it will be more appropriate than the introductions section and I don't want to have to rewrite things here if it glitches again :)

babbles likes this.