1st goal reached!!!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by KaylaLouise, Aug 20, 2014.

1. KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise Well-Known Member
    Registered

At the end of week 3 I had a good loss of 1.3kgs taking me to 4.8kgs total loss since I started. I was super happy but dammed that 200 grams I missed out on to reach my first goal of loosing 5 kgs.

I had a sneaky mid week weigh in this morning and I got that damn 200 grams AND 200 more! ^_^

I can now officially say I've lost 5 kgs and 200 grams lol

Very happy this morning ^_^

2. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Awesome :) So happy for you! Congrats :)

3. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

That's an awesome achievement!! Well done.

4. Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules Active Member
    Registered

Yay! It's the little things! I love mini goals! Good work! I keep setting mini goals,,bmi under 30 is one :)

5. KaylaLouise

Registered

Today I tried on a shirt for work that I had purchased a few weeks back that fit everywhere but was pulling on my lower stomach/hip area. Today it fits ^_^ I'm starting to shrink.

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement!!

6. Typical_Jules

Registered

:D:D:D

Yay! A moment for sure!

Melmo likes this.
  7. Beautiful B

Beautiful B Active Member
    Registered

Congrats Kayla.... so happy you starting to see changes... Its a great feeling and definitely a motivational booster.... :)

Melmo and KaylaLouise like this.
  8. KaylaLouise

Registered

Proud to be able to say I got that 200 grams and finished my first month of duromine 5.7kgs lighter.. now on to month two and a new mini goal

Beautiful B, Typical_Jules and Melmo like this.
  9. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Well done! 5.7kg is awesome :) Great to hear you've met your first goal :) You're doing a great job. Keep at it, you're smashing this :) x

Typical_Jules and KaylaLouise like this.
  10. KaylaLouise

Registered

Thanks Melmo :) how are you tracking with your weight loss?

Melmo likes this.
  11. Typical_Jules

Registered

:) good work! What a great start, look forward to seeing month 2, my one month weigh in is tomorrow!! Eeek

KaylaLouise and Melmo like this.
  12. KaylaLouise

Registered

You've got this!!

Are you seeing your doc for another script?

Melmo likes this.
  13. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

KaylaLouise, I am daily logging on my info page on here at the moment, but I use the myfitnesspal to log my weekly weight as well as the duromine livinglite website cause they have a graph :) Im on my second week at the moment and will do my two weekly weigh in on Wednesday. I'm trying not to expect too much cause I don't want to feel let down x

Leigh'sgottalottolose likes this.
  14. KaylaLouise

Registered

I have have started logging on my fitness pal too. Mainly weight loss and exercise for a rough idea, I'm not weighing my food so not really logging that as it wouldn't be accurate. Feel free to add me if you want, same user name.

I found the first 2 weeks I was fairly negative, I guess I was desperate for it to work I was so worried it wouldn't. Even after my first loss of 3.2kgs I was sure that I'd either put it back on or not lose anymore. Week 2 I only lost 300 grams but it took me to 3.5kgs and that was exciting. Then I was determined to get to 5kgs. Sounds so much better to say to someone then 3.5kgs. The last 2 weeks my head space was a lot better. I think it's very easy for us to get a little too caught up in this weight loss journey. As long as your eating enough, drinking enough water and moving I'm sure you will lose some weight. It's all we can do, there is so much going on in our body's that you just have to focus on the thing you have the power to change and not stress/obsess over things you can't.

Debbie74 and Melmo like this.
  15. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Im weighing every morning partly because i'm curious about water weight. But I will be happy with whatever loss I get as long as I have a loss. I have tried long and hard to lose this weight and I feel like this is my chance to do it :) I have to admit I am weighing every morsel of food and exercising a well, but only because once I drop some of this weigh I will be able to move more and then stay active and not have to think about the kJ value of everything down to the lettuce on my salad wrap. I must seem obsessive but my aim is to get this done then maintain it, and i wanna do everything in my power to help me get there. even if it means weighing a piece of meat like i did tonight before i made dinner lol. x

16. KaylaLouise

Registered

I completely understand and I weighed my food when I lost weight a few years back. Real eye opener to what portion sizes really are. I don't think it's obsessive, I think your preparing yourself :)

Leigh'sgottalottolose and Melmo like this.
  17. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

KaylaLouise likes this.
  18. KaylaLouise

Registered

Hopefully they'll never have to learnt this lesson and by you equipping yourself with the right tools and experiences the won't have to :) so whilst they may think mums gone a little kookoo it'll benefit them in the end :)

Melmo likes this.
  19. Beautiful B

Beautiful B Active Member
    Registered

Hi Kayla.. Congrats on your loss. I'm so proud of you and I'm sure you feel pretty amazing... Keep up the good work!!! I've decided to go back on 30mg seeing that its my last month on Duromine starting on the 28th.. Feeling kinda nervous, hoping I won't experience the same side effects as in month 1... Will keep you posted.. And chat to you soon..

Melmo likes this.
  20. KaylaLouise

Registered

Are you going down to 30 or up to 30? That's one of the the reason I stayed on the same dosage as it is working and I don't have bad side effects but saying that I found it a little hard to get to sleep last night and woke up during the night and found it hard to go back to sleep. Maybe it was just a coincidence that I start my second packet yesterday.

I really want to reach my next goal but it's only just dawned on me that I lost half of the weight I lost in the first week so I really need to start moving more to get anywhere close to my 2nd mini goal

Melmo likes this.