19.88kg's lost so far...

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by LinD, Mar 5, 2012.

1. LinD

LinD New Member
    Registered

I am a 27 year old legal secretary from Cape Town, South Africa. I've been taking duromine on-and-off since September 2011. Due to the side effects and obvious possibility of addiction, I take 30mg tables for 30 days and then have a 'break' for 7 - 14 days.
    My starting weight was 145.44kgs (cringe!!!!) and my current weight is 125.56kgs. I am 1.75m tall and believe that my weight should be around 75kgs. Current weight loss to date is 19.88kgs for a period of 6 months. I've decided to do it slow as I've always been overweight and there is no way that I will ever be able to stay away from junk food indefinitely! So when the craving hits...I indulge....
    My goal for 2012 is to get under or as close to 100kgs as possible - I believe that to say I want to shed all the unwanted kilos by end 2012, would just be setting myself up for failure. Being realistic is key.
    I've been going to Curves 3 times a week since August 2011 and I have only ever missed 2 gym classes due to the flu.
    My energy levels have spiked and I get so much more done during the day. I cannot wait for the weigh-in every month. I feel that I'm not only taking better care of myself, but I'm giving more of myself to my friends and family. I'm much happier and soooooooo excited to see how I will look by the end of the year!

2. pg2011

pg2011 New Member
    Registered

congrats LIN on your weightloss.....wow 19.88 kgs is huge loss.....well done

im from durban, south africa

what are you eating? any tips will be greatly appreciated...

keep it up
    take care

3. Whabbly

Whabbly New Member
    Registered

Wow!!! Now if this is not motivating me, NOTHING will. Well done, that is wonderful. I am also living in South Africa, Joburg, and only on day 3 now. Have all the side effects, dizzy, headache, tearful, and I so miss my sleep, but I'll stick it through. I also want to be under the 100's by June 2012, hopefully closer to the 80's, holding thumbs!!! Not doing any excercises yet, but have promised myself to start tonight once the two "bosses" in my house goes to sleep.;)

Thank you for the motivation, this is just what I need, 'cause I often feel very alone when trying to loose weight, and when you hear people making remarks like "are you on diet AGAIN", I completely loose hope.

4. LinD

LinD New Member
    Registered

Hi Ladies,
    I'm very happy to hear that there are fellow South-Africans out there :)
    What I've found helps is Evox Lean Pro. It's a protein shake that I have twice a day. My routine is as follows: 8am - Evox Shake and fruit; 10:30am - Small tub yoghurt and meusli; 1pm - Evox Shake and fruit; 3:30pm provita with cheese/bovril/peanut butter and ALWAYS have supper before 7pm. I cannot begin to stress how important water is! I make sure that I do my minimum 2 liters every single day - it not only keeps the hunger and cravings at bay, but is great for healthy looking skin!
    I find that it's usually the first and second weeks on Duromine that are the most trying - your body is adjusting to major changes and that's when I'm usually the most tempted to 'cheat'. Just stick to your guns and push through. It's difficult and you pretty much feel like crap, but keep going. Just like a druggie, your body will go through 'withdrawals' - hence the headaches (and MOODS), but it will eventually subside. When I do have chocolate or whatever I crave… I tell myself that I’m not ‘stopping’ my ‘diet’, but merely allowing myself a little treat before I CONTINUE with my healthy eating.
    Feel free to ask anything you guys want! I'm more than willing to answer any questions :)

5. LinD

LinD New Member
    Registered

Just a note - loaded 2 old photo's of myself on my profile. First at starting weight (145.44kg's) and the second at about 134 kg's. I'll try and do another tonight and load that as well.

6. pg2011

pg2011 New Member
    Registered

hi LIN

well done on your weightloss......u go girl

just wanted to know where do u buy the evon lean from?

thanks

7. LinD

LinD New Member
    Registered

It's called Evox Lean Pro and you can get it at just about any pharmacy - cheapest is Dischem :)

8. pg2011

pg2011 New Member
    Registered

Thanks

Will try that.....

9. wannabe-sexymamma

wannabe-sexymamma New Member
    Registered

Well done on your weight loss :)

10. Fatima

Fatima New Member
    Registered

Wow, well done. I only started this morning, but have also gone back to my Sureslim Eating Plan since Monday. Hopefully the Duromine will help with my extreme sweet tooth. I drink at least 1 litre cooldrink everyday and dont forget the chocolates. Ambassador Foods in Montague Gardens is extremely cheap with their nuts, etc. They have a fantastic Vanilla & Seed Granola (500g) for R20 which you can also add to your Bulgarian Yoghurt.

It is so nice to know that I have someone right here in Cape Town that I can chat to, to inspire my weightloss.

11. LinD

LinD New Member
    Registered

Hi Fatima,

Thank you so much for the info!

I have also done Sureslim (well for about 3 weeks anyway). I never seem to last on their eating plan even though I KNOW it works! I’m convinced that when I utter the word ‘diet’, my brain somehow short-circuits. I first received my plan in 2007 and I am aware that the food choices have expanded quite a bit since then, but I feel that eating so little food is just inhumane!!! I’ve got about 48kg’s that I still need to shed and have decided to only start with the eating plan once I get to my last 20kg’s.

How are you coping with the meds so far? Any headaches etc? 15/30 or 40mgs?

I will admit that I had to wean myself off sugar… like some crack addict. And yes when I do have the odd sweetness, I find that my body craves it even more afterwards. I try and cut out ALL forms of sugar… canderel in my coffee etc.

I got on the gym’s scale this past Saturday and realised that I’m already a third of the way there>>> 23kg’s down and 48kg’s (URGH…..) more to go!

Can’t wait to hear from my fellow-Capetonian! xoxo

12. Whabbly

Whabbly New Member
    Registered

Hi LinD and Fatima

I am on day 15 now, and I must say I am battling. I weighed myself on Saturday only to discover that I have only lost 1.1kg for the week, standing on 3.5 in total now, current weight 103.5kg. I was so determined to loose at least 3.09 per week in order to make my goal of of losing the 37kg by the end of the 12 week program. Then I spoke to the dr and he explained how bad the losing it all quickly really is for the body. I was of the mindset that if I can just loose it all quickly, then I will be motivated to keep it off. Great was my surprise when i discovered that I will stand the chance of picking it all up much faster than 12 weeks if I do it like that. So he suggested I take a "weekend off". Still took the pills, but wasn't as focused on what goes into my mouth, yet i feld guilty as hell everytime I ate somethng wrong. So started again this morning like a good girl, and feel very motivated again. Even if I do only loose 1.1kg again this week, losing it is better than gaining it.
    Like you are weaning yourself from the sugar LinD, I was like that with bread and rice in the first week, and though I do crave it alot still, I have tought my brain that it will make me feel sick if I do eat it. Next task will be the sugar, although I only take sugar in my coffee in the morning at home and one cup at the office, so in total approx 5 tsp per day (which is a lot I know). I don't know if it is just a brain trick thing or what, but this morning my clothes feel a little bigger. No one has mentioned anything about me losing weight or something radical like that, but it will come (I hope :eek:).

Keep up the good work and good luck!!

13. LinD

LinD New Member
    Registered

Hi Whabbly,

I’ve done hours of internet reading on various weight loss topics. Losing weight fast is not only BAD, but you end up loosing muscle mass instead of body fat! This is the last thing you want to happen… what it basically means is that you are no longer giving your body the sufficient amount of food it needs to fuel itself. It will then ‘store’ the fats you consume and turn to your body’s muscle for the vitamins and energy it needs to function. SO people who have gone on ‘crash diets’ and have successfully lost a substantial amount of weight (fast), end up gaining it all back because the body burned muscle mass as fuel (muscle weighs more than body fat). When they stop with the fad diet and resume a seemingly healthy meal plan, the body then uses the vitamins, minerals and fats to rebuild the muscle! So your body gains weight because the muscle it lost is being restored AND if you are a binger you will also gain a few extra kg’s in body fat…. and that’s why people always say that they were on a specific diet…lost the weight…and then gained almost double back! YES when I read this, I had a huge AH HA moment. Most people don’t know this… I know I didn’t!

Don’t set unrealistic goals for yourself! You are only setting yourself up for disappointment. Set smaller goals over a longer period of time. At the end of the day you need to realise that none of us gained all the weight in a period of 3 months, and none of us will loose it in 3 months either. It’s a journey…enjoy it…learn from it…get to know your body…get to know WHAT your eating triggers are. If you don’t take the time to learn these lessons, you will surely struggle in the future.

Oh and a little advice… (temporarily) get rid of your scale. I don’t have a scale at home and the only way for me to see my weight is when I get on the scale at gym. I find that this has helped LOADS! Stop getting onto the scale in the mornings (YES I know you do it!!!). Don’t be too tough on yourself. Swop your scale for a measuring tape…it’s much more rewarding when you see centimeters go down and you have no clue how much you’ve lost…then getting onto the scale at the doctor’s office and seeing the digits go down – the excitement is unbelievable!

I can see from your message that you’re a ‘calculator’ like me LOL. I cannot resist working out everything up to the last gram! I really had to make an effort to stop myself from doing this…it just fires up the “setting myself up for disappointment” theory. I know that struggling to get out of the triple digits is frustrating…but if you persevere, it will eventually happen. My goal for 2012 is to get to double digits, or as close thereto as possible.

Let me know if you want to know how and where to measure yourself – I’ve only lost 23kg’s, but I’ve gone down 13cm’s around each upper thigh (yes you read right!!! THIRTEEN – happy dance).

Stay Strong and BE KIND to yourself! (that’s my motto)

xoxo
    Lin

14. Whabbly

Whabbly New Member
    Registered

Thanks LinD. Yes I have also done the research, and I have decided to be happy with what ever I loose in a week, and to stop depriving myself from everything. Moderation is my new favorite word. I am still staying away from carbs as much as possible, the doctor suggested I slowly start putting it back in my diet from week 6, so we'll see how it goes.

Thank you for the motivating words, it's good to talk to someone who really understand what you are going through. If it is 1kg this week, losing 1 is better than gaining 1, and if it is more, well then - thank you very much;)

15. Duro Nel

Duro Nel New Member
    Registered

Hi, where did you buy your duromine and what did you pay?

16. Nicolene

Nicolene New Member
    Registered

HI there, Well done with the weight loss.

Kindly provide me with the details of a Duromine supplier in Cape town.